Little run and fun with pair of M3s

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-08-2010, 03:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2009 C63, 2007 GL 450
Little run and fun with pair of M3s

Just got back from a late afternoon spin and has some fun with a couple of guys in modified M3s. I ran into them at gas station which was on the highway and they were curious about the C63 as there are not that many in Czech Republic (2 including mine) and the fact that I have US tags on the car. Anyway after some nice words we all proceeded to get back on the highway which is 3 lane wide. After they played a little jump and go, we all proceeded to line up (roads were empty pretty much) in three seperate lanes. 3 honks and we were off from about 30mph. The C63 for sure got the jump on them and pulled a car length on both of them upto about 85mph before they started to rein me in slightly. Ended up with half car on both of them when we bailed each time at around 115mph for safety sake. Did this 2-3 more times and each time the same result. Was fun and safe and I must admit the M3 is a fine car which sounds very nice as it gets into the power band which is much higher in the RPMs than our cars from what I understand. Best way to spend a Saturday afternoon!
Old 05-08-2010, 04:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 92 Likes on 81 Posts
C63 AMG
Old 05-08-2010, 06:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Do you know what mods are on the M3s?
Old 05-08-2010, 07:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by Sincity
Do you know what mods are on the M3s?
+1. I would think that since the OP has the K1 ecu flash, he'd be ~ 515HP / 475 lb-ft TQ, and should be pulling on the M3's even past the 115mph mark...I would think a modded C63 would still have a more powerful upper end than a similarly modded M3, no?

A stock M3 has 415HP / 295 lb-ft TQ...so how much power do you think a mild-moderately tuned M3 has?

I saw a new M3 in my gated community the other day; sounded like he's got an aftermarket exhaust, but no idea if that's it...would love to run him just for fun, he he.
Old 05-08-2010, 07:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2009 C63, 2007 GL 450
No not really. My Czech is somewhat limited but in our conversation one guy mentioned his car (silver one) was tuned by Hamann(? - don't know them) in Germany and saying something to the point his mods pushed out 560hp. It looked and sounded like a professionally tuned car for sure. The other one (blue) had Schnitzer badges on the panels and was fitted with CF spoilers/diffuser, nasty side skirts and has a custom interior with a rear wing. Both cars were nicely done and it was clear that they were both done professionally by the quality of the work and fitment. Sorry don't have more info, but it was a chance meeting and limited time to talk.
Old 05-09-2010, 05:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W164 ML500,SMART For two,1994 C280(5speed manual) 1999 C230k station wagon
Originally Posted by harrower
No not really. My Czech is somewhat limited but in our conversation one guy mentioned his car (silver one) was tuned by Hamann(? - don't know them) in Germany and saying something to the point his mods pushed out 560hp. It looked and sounded like a professionally tuned car for sure. The other one (blue) had Schnitzer badges on the panels and was fitted with CF spoilers/diffuser, nasty side skirts and has a custom interior with a rear wing. Both cars were nicely done and it was clear that they were both done professionally by the quality of the work and fitment. Sorry don't have more info, but it was a chance meeting and limited time to talk.
Hamann and Schnitzer BMW tunning are no joke. They are some of the best for BMW tunning on this planet, you should feel proud that you showed them your tail lights. Also I believe the founder of Hamann is the brother from the founder of Carlsson Mercedes.