Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just put on the Euroteck carbon diffuser....pics

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-24-2010, 10:26 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2015 C300 4matic
looks great.. I think i should get my rear diffuser fitted again..
Old 05-24-2010, 10:28 PM
Super Moderator Alumni

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
2011 GLK 350, 2013 GT-R, & 2013 RAM 1500
Originally Posted by BlackC230Coupe
I see what you mean, that is clearly a reflection and also some distortion from a resized/uploaded picture.
Really? It is in the same spot in every photo. Even the OP states "there is 1 wavy spot."

Perhaps the OP will take a close-up photo.
Old 05-24-2010, 10:31 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Fast Cars!
Originally Posted by superlubricity
Really? It is in the same spot in every photo. Even the OP states "there is 1 wavy spot."

Perhaps the OP will take a close-up photo.
perhaps he will.
Old 05-24-2010, 10:45 PM

2010 C63 P31, 2003 C32
Originally Posted by Infamouz
Oh I just noticed the plate.. you're from PA.
Perhaps next time I cruise down from the GREAT NORTH (Canada.. aha), I'll be sure to PM you. There's a mall that the wife enjoys going to, so it's no doubt that she'll want to cruise down there over the summer and spend more of my money. Maybe we could get a little Mercedes AMG meet going on! I'm not sure who else is located around, so perhaps you could take care of that part..

&& Of course, permitting you'd have any interest in doing so.
tell me when you're down from up north. I'm always up for meeting up with fellow AMG homies. isn't that what is all a'boot??!?!?
Old 05-24-2010, 10:47 PM

2010 C63 P31, 2003 C32
you guys are killing me. yes there's a tiny wavy spot. the photos make it look more dramatic. i'll take more pictures and maybe Neal from Euroteck can tell me what he thinks.
Old 05-24-2010, 11:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts
2010 C63 AMG, 2009 ISF , 2002 L-Tuned IS300, 2011 ML350
Is there a DIY link on how to remove the stock diffuser? Or daniel, can you explain how you removed the stock diffuser & attach the new one? I'm about to do this, but I don't want to break anything. Thanks
Old 05-24-2010, 11:44 PM
Super Moderator Alumni

Originally Posted by danielemccabe
i'll take more pictures and maybe Neal from Euroteck can tell me what he thinks.
Thank you Daniel.
Originally Posted by Roswell
Is there a DIY link on how to remove the stock diffuser? Or daniel, can you explain how you removed the stock diffuser & attach the new one? I'm about to do this, but I don't want to break anything. Thanks
Here -> https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...r-install.html
Old 05-24-2010, 11:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Looks great, congrats....

By the way, I know first-hand that those diffusers are not easy to install, but are well worth the wait
Old 05-25-2010, 04:54 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Fast Cars!
Originally Posted by MB_Forever
Looks great, congrats....

By the way, I know first-hand that those diffusers are not easy to install, but are well worth the wait
Yes, you probably know this better then anyone! I do whatever it takes to get them fit right, and you can agree!
Old 05-25-2010, 12:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
she liked that you guys noticed.
Is she the one with the strong hands?
Old 05-25-2010, 05:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 382 Likes on 237 Posts
2010 Irridium Silver MB C63 AMG Sedan
It makes the car look great, but I am a perfectionist. I can't have wavy seams or lines on a product I paid through the nose for. I can see a slight inaccuracy like Super said, and to each thier own. The car is a an amazing perfect work of art in my opinion, and I work damn hard to keep it that way. Why can't it fit totally EXACT? You have a mold right? Laying down the graphite should be streamlined. I am sure it's well made but especially if produced by hand, each one should be unique but flawless. Maybe I expect too much but then again thats me.

Nice job on the install even though people mentioned how difficult it was.
Old 05-25-2010, 08:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Yes, you probably know this better then anyone! I do whatever it takes to get them fit right, and you can agree!
Yes indeed you do.... Neal will always go the extra mile to make things right
Old 05-25-2010, 09:34 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Fast Cars!
Yes indeed you do.... Neal will always go the extra mile to make things right
extra mile, or across the country, same thing!
Old 05-25-2010, 11:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 P30, CL500 Sport
extra mile, or across the country, same thing!
LOL... those were the best two days I've spent at an airport yet I couldn't stop laughing How is it that we were 45 minutes early with almost no one in line and we still missed it I will never forget it...
Old 05-26-2010, 03:54 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Fast Cars!
LOL... those were the best two days I've spent at an airport yet I couldn't stop laughing How is it that we were 45 minutes early with almost no one in line and we still missed it I will never forget it...
hahaha! It's funny now that I look back on it, I don't think I will ever forget it either! I been to bigger and more busy airports and still made a flight in 45 minutes! that was crazy, since then I have yet to fly US Air by the way! Hey, at least we had a good lunch!
Old 05-27-2010, 12:25 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63 AMG Arctic w/ Stage 1 Tune, DoubleXX pipe, MCD-631X coming soon
Originally Posted by ZephyrAMG
It makes the car look great, but I am a perfectionist. I can't have wavy seams or lines on a product I paid through the nose for. I can see a slight inaccuracy like Super said, and to each thier own. The car is a an amazing perfect work of art in my opinion, and I work damn hard to keep it that way. Why can't it fit totally EXACT? You have a mold right? Laying down the graphite should be streamlined. I am sure it's well made but especially if produced by hand, each one should be unique but flawless. Maybe I expect too much but then again thats me.

Nice job on the install even though people mentioned how difficult it was.
No disrespect to Neil, I believe he is a stand up guy, however
we sold one of these to a customer of ours Joe_Money and after pulling the car apart, we pulled the part out of the box, and when we saw this we could not believe our eyes, and Joe was PISSED, he could not believe he just paid over $500 for this thing, he was disgusted and angry with us, because we suggested this part to him.
As Superlube and Zephyr noticed that wavyness, this is what James at ACG (the dealer whom we purchased the part from) would say is "normal", you should also note that the diffuser will have about 7-8 BROKEN off mounting tabs which is also "normal", not cut off clean and ground down, but broken off,(are you kidding me??) if your diffuser came without the broken off tabs then you have a defective one, and they state it will never fit. The wavyness is in their mold (I have been dealing with CF and fiberglass parts for over 20+ years so I know how molds, resin types and mixing temps etc all work) there is nothing you can do about it if you don't fix the mold and adhere to a certain resin mix and mixing temp, also the inconsistent weave stretches in areas are also "normal", don't mind if there are any cracks in the diffuser those are "normal" as well. We sent hi-res pics to James as ACG, and had to twist his arm just to get him to take it back, well, he denied to give us our money back, so the bank had to step in.. instead he blamed it on UPS and filed a bogus claim with them, oh well I hope for all you guys this is an isolated incedent, but from this pic I see here it seems the "norm".
Old 05-27-2010, 12:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'14 911S (garage queen) '13 X3 (family hauler)

Last edited by black-clk500; 05-27-2010 at 12:41 PM.
Old 05-27-2010, 01:07 PM

Received 31 Likes on 18 Posts
2012 C63BS 2009 Ferrari 16M 2016 Cayenne turbo S 2019 G63
Wink

This could get interesting.
Old 05-27-2010, 04:19 PM
Super Moderator Alumni

i'll take more pictures and maybe Neal from Euroteck can tell me what he thinks.
DMC, did you get a chance to take some close-up photos?
Old 05-29-2010, 07:53 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

E55 AMG
Originally Posted by Brian GT PRO
No disrespect to Neil, I believe he is a stand up guy, however
we sold one of these to a customer of ours Joe_Money and after pulling the car apart, we pulled the part out of the box, and when we saw this we could not believe our eyes, and Joe was PISSED, he could not believe he just paid over $500 for this thing, he was disgusted and angry with us, because we suggested this part to him.
As Superlube and Zephyr noticed that wavyness, this is what James at ACG (the dealer whom we purchased the part from) would say is "normal", you should also note that the diffuser will have about 7-8 BROKEN off mounting tabs which is also "normal", not cut off clean and ground down, but broken off,(are you kidding me??) if your diffuser came without the broken off tabs then you have a defective one, and they state it will never fit. The wavyness is in their mold (I have been dealing with CF and fiberglass parts for over 20+ years so I know how molds, resin types and mixing temps etc all work) there is nothing you can do about it if you don't fix the mold and adhere to a certain resin mix and mixing temp, also the inconsistent weave stretches in areas are also "normal", don't mind if there are any cracks in the diffuser those are "normal" as well. We sent hi-res pics to James as ACG, and had to twist his arm just to get him to take it back, well, he denied to give us our money back, so the bank had to step in.. instead he blamed it on UPS and filed a bogus claim with them, oh well I hope for all you guys this is an isolated incedent, but from this pic I see here it seems the "norm".
lol what a dong, flaming another sponsor, let alone a long time one and well established manufacturer. Couldn't have this been discussed privately instead of fueling this nonsense publically. Absolutely NO class.

And superlube is at it again. I swear all he does is sit here and find ways to discredit sponsors. It's peeps like that that make the business BS.

bicker bicker bicker....

Flame suit on.
Old 05-29-2010, 08:05 PM
Super Moderator Alumni

Originally Posted by Godfather@ONE Autosport
And superlube is at it again. I swear all he does is sit here and find ways to discredit sponsors. It's peeps like that that make the business BS.
You are a strange fellow, GOA.

I'm simply asking a member who posted some photos about the quality of the goods he received because I'm also shopping for a diffuser. Members conversing and helping other members; this is the whole purpose of these message forums.

How the heck is this discrediting anything or anyone?
Old 05-29-2010, 08:06 PM

C63 AMG
lol what a dong, flaming another sponsor, let alone a long time one and well established manufacturer. Couldn't have this been discussed privately instead of fueling this nonsense publically. Absolutely NO class.

bicker bicker bicker....

Flame suit on.
I mean.. it is a ****ty product, definitely not worthy of the fit and finish expected on an AMG car.
Old 05-29-2010, 08:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'14 911S (garage queen) '13 X3 (family hauler)
Originally Posted by superlubricity
You are a strange fellow, GOA.

I'm simply asking a member who posted some photos about the quality of the goods he received because I'm also shopping for a diffuser. Members conversing and helping other members; this is the whole purpose of these message forums.

How the heck is this discrediting anything or anyone?
+1,000,000
Totaly agree with Super on this one
Old 05-29-2010, 08:27 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

E55 AMG
let me put it this way: if you think this is a crappy product then 99.9% of all other offerings for a similar product are as crappy x100. Euroteck is the one who innovated with CF lips and diffusers, the others are mere replicas.

Superlub, it's just that you had in the past meddled in my business by steering people away from me, mostly due to price point, but i guess that's fine, I would likely have done the same.

But where I think you're incorrect in judging the Euroteck piece is that it is NOT a bad product.

Factually, there unless we're talking OEM manufacturer parts, all aftermarket parts have some tolerance differences in fitment or otherwise. It comes down to whether or not the tolerances are tolerable (no pun intended) or not. In this case, you can be sure that it is withing tolerable specs.

But there are some super picky customers out there who will complain and make a mountain of a hill...or a hill out of a mole...wtf something like that, anyway, you get the idea.

I just find it absurd that everyone is quickly saying that Euroteck parts (well the C63 diffuser in this case) is crappy, after hundreds have been sold and nobody complained about it.

It's just like when people complain about wheels taking a long time to get done, all it take is one negative voice to ruin the bunch. Don't let it. There is nothing wrong with this product.

Also know that I have no vested interest in Euroteck and that this is me just merely backing up a well known manufacturer (and yes, friend), that I see is being wrongly accused.

That's all. Carry on....
Old 05-29-2010, 08:45 PM
Super Moderator Alumni

Superlub, it's just that you had in the past posted something in a thread about where to get a product for a great price. Even though that thread was posted by a member and I wasn't involved in any way, it angered me and I felt the need to jump in and attack you because this hurt my business, but i guess that's fine, I would likely have done the same.
I corrected that for you.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Just put on the Euroteck carbon diffuser....pics