C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

AMG Performance Studio - C63 Interior Pics

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-27-2010, 03:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
MY17 E43 Matte Selenite/Macchiato Beige, MY16 GLE350d Tenorite/Crystal Grey, MY17 B250
Originally Posted by olszowa12
Why did you decide to do it at AMG in Affalterbach? There are for sure companies providing such services with the same quality in Engalnd but with two major advantages:
a) they are for sure less expensive
b) you wouldn't have to travel by plane and drive 700 miles killing a gazillion of flies
One major disadvantage - not crash tested/approved!! For custom dash materials (ie: customer requests), the studio actually tests the fabric to ensure it will work properly with the airbag system.
Old 06-27-2010, 07:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
'09 SL Black, '12 ML63, '13 SL63, '14 E63 Wagon, '14 458 Italia
BEAUTIFUL
Old 06-28-2010, 04:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 42 Likes on 31 Posts
2009 C63 AMG
Why the F*** doesn't MB put this crap in US cars (shift knob/parktronic/covered cup holders)....Idiots...

Congrats on the mods man...looks amazing! I am so jealous! Not only of the work but your awesome road trip and that you have access to the Autobahn haha
Old 06-28-2010, 06:27 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
AMG GT-S & GLE 63S Coupe
Thanks all for the nice comments; I'm glad you like it and I can tell you, I am VERY happy with it!

Even better...in two weeks I get my other mods! I've decided to go for a Brabus B63 tune (OK, not as powerful as Kleeman etc but in the UK it keeps it's MB warranty with the Brabus tune), some KW V3 coilovers (which I am REALLY worried about...I have no idea on the set-up of these or how it will drive!) and some braided brake hoses to reduce that brake pedal travel!

Should be a good'un when I've finished with it!

Originally Posted by Viper98912
And you got the coveted Affalterbach logo shift knob! Those things supposedly you couldn't buy, at least here in the US....
Yes, I'm VERY pleased with that These are made specially and I believe can only be ordered and purchased directly from AMG themselves.

Originally Posted by sjhugh
Does your car have the knee airbag?
Yes - and you can see how they have stitched around it so it should work properly!

Originally Posted by ejsheltra
Those Germans do it right. Now if only it were an option when ordering and would look that good. Any thoughts on price for the new interior?
Not cheap! The top part of the dash (the black 'factory' leather option) cost £2250 and then I paid AMG another £3000 to do the bottom part of the dash, doors and centre console. So for all you in the States...that's $8,000 at the current exchange rate! Still want it??

Originally Posted by olszowa12
Masterpiece.
I don't want to know the price... but I have to!

Why did you decide to do it at AMG in Affalterbach? There are for sure companies providing such services with the same quality in Engalnd but with two major advantages:
a) they are for sure less expensive
b) you wouldn't have to travel by plane and drive 700 miles killing a gazillion of flies
Exactly for the reasons that YYZ-E55 gives below....

Originally Posted by YYZ-E55
One major disadvantage - not crash tested/approved!! For custom dash materials (ie: customer requests), the studio actually tests the fabric to ensure it will work properly with the airbag system.
Yes, I could have got it cheaper in the UK from an aftermarket trimmer but AMG make sure:

- The airbags are tested to work.

- It has a full MB warranty so if it has a rattle (and if I was crazy!) I could still take it back to my local MB dealer.

- The quality of leather is guaranteed to match and be the exact same colour.

Also, this is a major dismantling and rebuilding job and I didn't want any creaks, buzzing or rattles - AMG guaranteed that if any clips, brackets etc were broken in the process, they would be replaced and it would come back to me as brand-new factory standard. No aftermarket trimmer would (or could) do the job as well as the people who know this car inside out and have access to all the parts to it properly...i.e. to the factory standard!

There, I've just convinced myself it was worth it

Originally Posted by CPD SLK
Why the F*** doesn't MB put this crap in US cars (shift knob/parktronic/covered cup holders)....Idiots...

Congrats on the mods man...looks amazing! I am so jealous! Not only of the work but your awesome road trip and that you have access to the Autobahn haha
Thanks and yes, those Autobahns are brilliant (when not clogged with traffic!) They're hardly local to me though....it's still a 500 mile drive to get to them from the UK!

The reason you don't have these things in the US is probably due to the amount of regulations you have! (Oh, and the fact that your drinks are too big to fit in the Euro-spec cup holders with your super-duper-sizes!)
Old 06-28-2010, 08:52 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
axe muderer with headlights
What's going on towards the top of the dash? it looks interesting.

Very nice interior indeed!
Old 06-29-2010, 12:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 42 Likes on 31 Posts
2009 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by Palmball

Thanks and yes, those Autobahns are brilliant (when not clogged with traffic!) They're hardly local to me though....it's still a 500 mile drive to get to them from the UK!

The reason you don't have these things in the US is probably due to the amount of regulations you have! (Oh, and the fact that your drinks are too big to fit in the Euro-spec cup holders with your super-duper-sizes!)
Yeah...most of us are fat asses, haha....I'm glad I'm not. The reason we don't have it is because it is way to easy to get a license here...this means every dumb f*** who has half a brain can drive....we're not smart of mature enough to handle an Autobahn due to the number of idiots with access to a license and car.
Old 06-29-2010, 09:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 C63
My understanding is that the AMG Performance Studio will become available to US customers soon, possibly by this fall.
Old 06-29-2010, 01:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
'18 C63A Cabriolet
OK, I need those door lock pins. Every time I look at mine, complete with the flashing from a poor molding process staring me in the face, I cringe. How about some nice recessed ones with an LED inside?
Old 06-29-2010, 09:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2011 GLK350, 2010 ML350, 2008 C63 AMG
very nice interior but wow on the bugs....
Old 06-29-2010, 10:43 PM

'09 C63 AMG
Thanks for the post. It's just really cool to get a glimpse of some of the possibilities over there, both in your upgrades and on the autobahn! How about a clear bra for bugs the next time you get on the 'bahn?

I bunch of dudes here will be very grateful if you could get us more information on acquiring that shift knob. It'll allow us to share in a piece of your happiness, lol!
Old 06-30-2010, 06:11 AM

2010 P31 Obsidian; 1990 ZX11
PB, congrats on the interior. I know it was a tough long wait. Looks great!!
Old 06-30-2010, 08:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
2017 Mini Cooper S Clubman ALL4 - British Racing Green
Great.. you suck... now every time I look at my craptastic plastic interior.. I will cry...

I wonder.. I have a friend in Switzerland... think we could do a group buy on the shift knobs (I doubt it will be discounted, but I can get my friend to place the order and mail them off to me).... Wonder how much the shift knob would be..
Old 06-30-2010, 08:55 AM

C63 AMG P31 2010
Originally Posted by jvanbrecht
Great.. you suck... now every time I look at my craptastic plastic interior.. I will cry...

I wonder.. I have a friend in Switzerland... think we could do a group buy on the shift knobs (I doubt it will be discounted, but I can get my friend to place the order and mail them off to me).... Wonder how much the shift knob would be..
+1
Can he send one to Russia as well?
Old 06-30-2010, 02:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

+2
Old 06-30-2010, 03:38 PM

2010 C63 P31, 2003 C32
Smile

8k for that amazing interior? Are you kidding me? I'm in Philly from the US and I would have done that without thinking about it. The interior doesn't look good, it looks absolutely stunning. I have a custom shifter on the way that I ordered 4 months ago, it pales in comparison to the beautiful white leather, but I'll post pics. I can't believe the performance studio is not available in the land of excess........
Old 06-30-2010, 05:36 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
AMG GT-S & GLE 63S Coupe
Cheers guys...you're all so kind!

In response to many of your requests, I've emailed the guy I dealt with at AMG and asked him if they can make a 'few' of the AMG gearknobs that I got and how much they would be including shipping to the US.

I'll let you know what he says as soon as I know!
Old 06-30-2010, 06:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

In response to many of your requests, I've emailed the guy I dealt with at AMG and asked him if they can make a 'few' of the AMG gearknobs that I got and how much they would be including shipping to the US.

Old 06-30-2010, 11:23 PM

2011 C63, 1999 C280

That interior is just incredible. And that gearknob, I just have to have it. Now that I saw it, I just can't go without it. I'll be dreaming about it.
Old 06-30-2010, 11:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2011 E550 4Matic, 2002 M3 Vert
I would buy a C63 today if they could make the interior 1/2 of what you did. Great job and it was worth the 8k. Easy.
Old 07-01-2010, 12:17 AM

C63
My 3-week C63 'drought' is over , I finally picked the car up (again!) from AMG yesterday after they transformed the interior of my car....the advtanage of living in Europe (or, in my case, a little island that's not sure if it's part of Europe ) is that I could drive it to Affalterbach to have this done!

After owning a BMW M6 which had a full-leather dash option (and was absolutely stunning inside,) I knew that I really could make the C63 a special car by taking advantage of AMG's official Performance Studio facility where they'll pretty much trim your car in any way you want!

I appreciate that this won't be to everyone's taste, especially if you're a fan of black interiors (which, to be honest, I'm fed up of!) but this really is one of the most special interiors that I'll probably ever have the pleasure of owning and one that I can say I now prefer to my previous M6.

Whilst there, I also chose to improve a couple of very minor 'details' on the interior. Firstly, I had the cheap plastic door locking pins changed to metal AMG branded ones. I also had the plastic Mercedes star on top of the gearlever changed to a laser-etched metal AMG Affalterbach one - this really does look and feel stunning in real life! Little details, but they've absolutely delighted me!

After getting up at 4am to get the (cheap!) flight to Stuttgart, I spent a few hours following the missus round the shops in the city whilst they finished the car which I finally picked it up at 3pm. To say I'm not in rush to repeat that drive home so late in the day is an understatement...the Friday evening traffic on the German autobahn meant I spent far too long stood still rather than sitting on the C63's limiter....although my decision to stop for an hour to wait for the rush hour to end worked very well as it created the opportunity for a few 150mph+ runs

In the end, after 700+ miles of driving I didn't get to bed until 3am this morning!

Here is the front of my car this morning......

Beautiful! Absolutely beautiful!!!!
Old 07-01-2010, 09:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Not to be a pain in the ***... but when quoting people.. please.. please edit the quote and remove the images, they do not need to be reposted.. and I use my phone to read the site sometimes.. it kills the crappy old iphone I have...
Old 07-01-2010, 09:25 AM

C63
Not to be a pain in the ***... but when quoting people.. please.. please edit the quote and remove the images, they do not need to be reposted.. and I use my phone to read the site sometimes.. it kills the crappy old iphone I have...
I kinda did that on purpose, I wanted viewers to have a fresh look at the images on the 2nd page Sorry about your phone issues. Consider getting a faster one.
Old 07-01-2010, 09:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

My wife got the new iphone, I am still on the 3G, I will survive, atleast until the iphone dev team (the hacking group) jailbreak the new one.
Old 07-01-2010, 09:37 AM

C63
My wife got the new iphone, I am still on the 3G, I will survive, atleast until the iphone dev team (the hacking group) jailbreak the new one.
Would you consider the Droid? I've heard a lot of positive feedback about this phone and how fast it is. My roommate, a life long Iphone fan is considering the shift...
Old 07-01-2010, 09:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I like the iphone as well as the various droid phones, I am waiting on ATT to get the Samsung Galaxy S variant (not sure what they are calling it, I think the Vibrant), high end android phone, should be out by the end of July I believe. No matter which phone I get, I always hack the crap out of it, no carrier is going to tell me what I can or cannot do, same goes for Apples walled garden.. can you tell, I am a geek Actually, by trade I am one, IT Security consultant

Anyways, I think we hijacked the thread slightly

edit: reason I am sticking with ATT, as its GSM based, and the 3g frequencies in use are the same as the other countries I travel too, Tmobile uses an odd frequency range, so third gen networks dont work outside the US on their phones. Verizon and Sprint are out as they are crappy companies, and the phones only work in the US based on the CDMA technology they use. Verizons LTE might be an option in the future, but thats not widely deployed outside a few test cities.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: AMG Performance Studio - C63 Interior Pics