MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   C63 AMG (W204) (https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w204-93/)
-   -   Anyone using sway bars? (https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w204/356805-anyone-using-sway-bars.html)

NickZag 06-26-2010 09:31 PM

Anyone using sway bars?

I'm thinking of putting sway bars on my C63 and I'm wondering if anyone else has them, where they purchased them, and how much they spent? Also, I don't feel much body roll put at times our cars are prone to a bit of understeer. For those that installed them, was there a big difference?

g.smiley 06-27-2010 12:14 PM

was thinkin about this mod aswell, but i couldnt find any available for our cars. considering the replies on my thread, and your one here, it doesnt seem like anyone has them or even wants them lol.

NickZag 06-27-2010 01:03 PM

I know, it's a bummer :( Take not tuners!

Unbreakable1 06-27-2010 02:40 PM

eibach makes a kit for us, i believe...search for it

Jae Duk 06-28-2010 12:56 PM

I forgot what the companies are called....you might find them on the W204 forum.

marlja13 06-30-2010 08:51 PM

http://www.renntechmercedes.com/showroom_suspension.php

maybe this one?

JM 06-30-2010 10:25 PM

I believe SinCity has a set on, wait for his reply.

TheDarkSide 07-06-2010 04:18 PM

SinCity has a SMERC Engineering brace on his ride. SMERC's Brace. They're currently testing their prototype C300 4Matic Sway Bars. If there's enough interest, I'm sure they will look into the C63 next.

chief63 07-06-2010 09:03 PM

I have a brace from MBarts. Difference from stock is minor but I have only tracked the car with it (and never without it).

Did not find any sway bars...

Sincity 07-06-2010 11:03 PM

Originally Posted by TheDarkSide (Post 4147926)
SinCity has a SMERC Engineering brace on his ride. SMERC's Brace. They're currently testing their prototype C300 4Matic Sway Bars. If there's enough interest, I'm sure they will look into the C63 next.

Correct.

MNG 07-10-2010 09:03 PM

sway bars are under the car, strut bars go across the top of the engine attached to the strut mounts... i think there is some confusion with some of the replys

marlja13 07-12-2010 02:32 AM

Originally Posted by MNG (Post 4153940)
sway bars are under the car, strut bars go across the top of the engine attached to the strut mounts... i think there is some confusion with some of the replys

Ok
What the difference in steering btw sway bars and strut ones. Or you want to put sway bars extra to strut?

NickZag 07-12-2010 03:57 AM

Originally Posted by marlja13 (Post 4155271)
Ok
What the difference in steering btw sway bars and strut ones. Or you want to put sway bars extra to strut?

Um, I think your asking what the difference between the two is?

A sway bar reduces the amount of body roll by a bar that connects the two front or two rear tires together.

A strut bar only reduces body flex by connecting the top of the struts together.

marlja13 07-12-2010 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by NickZag (Post 4155334)
Um, I think your asking what the difference between the two is?

A sway bar reduces the amount of body roll by a bar that connects the two front or two rear tires together.

A strut bar only reduces body flex by connecting the top of the struts together.

Thank you for explanation

Krytech 07-12-2010 03:01 PM

Different car, but FWIW I recently put the Eibach front and rear swaybars on my C350 and the different is night-n-day. The limits have been raised on what the car can now do, but I haven't tried hard to find them yet.

I also got set of new Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric tires this spring. That was certainly a noticeable difference. Then I bought the MB Arts Strut Brace. No difference under normal driving but noticeable when pushing the car. Stability is increased when flicking it into turns. I find fun to wait till the last instant to enter the turn, the chassis stays smooth and stable with less flexing and therefore doesn't un-flex once you've found your line and the cars turning. (I may not be describing this very well....)

But the most noiticable change has been the swaybars. By far. Body roll is dramatically reduced (I'd say 'all but eliminated' but the front is adjustable and I have it in the medium position so I could get even more out of it if needed) and the car just turns and the tires stay flat and don't lean or roll as much. It's the best performance mod I've done yet and I wish I would of done it sooner! :y

NickZag 07-12-2010 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by Krytech (Post 4155902)
Different car, but FWIW I recently put the Eibach front and rear swaybars on my C350 and the different is night-n-day. The limits have been raised on what the car can now do, but I haven't tried hard to find them yet.

I also got set of new Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric tires this spring. That was certainly a noticeable difference. Then I bought the MB Arts Strut Brace. No difference under normal driving but noticeable when pushing the car. Stability is increased when flicking it into turns. I find fun to wait till the last instant to enter the turn, the chassis stays smooth and stable with less flexing and therefore doesn't un-flex once you've found your line and the cars turning. (I may not be describing this very well....)

But the most noiticable change has been the swaybars. By far. Body roll is dramatically reduced (I'd say 'all but eliminated' but the front is adjustable and I have it in the medium position so I could get even more out of it if needed) and the car just turns and the tires stay flat and don't lean or roll as much. It's the best performance mod I've done yet and I wish I would of done it sooner! :y

Thanks for the info. I'm my no means a guru to the difference in the suspension differences of these cars. Do you know if the C350 sway bars would work on a C63? I'll start looking into it.

Krytech 07-12-2010 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by NickZag (Post 4155933)
Thanks for the info. I'm my no means a guru to the difference in the suspension differences of these cars. Do you know if the C350 sway bars would work on a C63? I'll start looking into it.

Not sure, if I had to guess I'd say no. I just checked Eibach's site they still don't list the C63... At best they may bolt up but not provide as noticeable a difference. I would tend to think that your OE sway bars might be thicker than my OE sway bars were since you need to control a bit more weight up front plus yours is designed for higher performance than my non-AMG car.