Sponsored by:

Why do people make you feel guilty?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-03-2010, 12:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63
Why do people make you feel guilty?

So I am telling a few friends of mine that I will be getting the C63 and once I tell them the price they keep saying things like "you're too young", "spend the money somewhere else and you can do miracles"... It sometimes put me down and makes me think twice... But on the other hand, when I look at the pictures of this beautiful beast, there's no other car I want to be in other than that.
I know I won't probably be able to drive it as fast as I like because of the road rules but still, knowing that you will beat almost any car around you is just an ecstatic sensation.

I am 26, and I've saved for this car, so it wrong to buy it? I don't see myself young at all. In fact, I think I'm old! And the way I see it is, if I don't buy it at this age, I'll never will because I'll keep thinking, I need to pay for other expenses and reinvest the money somewhere else...!
Old 07-03-2010, 12:52 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
GT2 C63 and yo sister
your friends are haters, they should be proud of your achievements, I suggest you not tell them the cost, I know the car excites you, wait till you are around car guys, they know how much the car costs and they wont judge you
Old 07-03-2010, 12:56 PM

C63
Originally Posted by Dark_Knight
your friends are haters, they should be proud of your achievements, I suggest you not tell them the cost, I know the car excites you, wait till you are around car guys, they know how much the car costs and they wont judge you
The annoying thing is the one of the friends that told me has a 6-series whom I know had her dad help her pay it because her business doesn't do that much money and if it wasn't for her father, she wouldn't be where she is!
Old 07-03-2010, 01:01 PM

C63
Also, what pissed me off even more she said "you'll enjoy it for the first month then you'll feel remorse for the money you paid" -- like... REALLY?!
Old 07-03-2010, 01:06 PM

GT2 C63 and yo sister
you'll never regret fine cars, lots of small people want you to feel guilty about your success, how much gas you use, they want you to recycle love everyone and give all you EARN away to those who do nothing, dont fall for it keep livin the good life keep living the way these drones can only dream of
Old 07-03-2010, 01:08 PM

C63
Damn right I will!

My birthday is on Tuesday, and that's when I will put a down payment on the Performance Packaged White C63!
Old 07-03-2010, 01:10 PM

GT2 C63 and yo sister
good for you, us real car guys are proud of you!
Old 07-03-2010, 01:11 PM

C63
Thank you sir!
Old 07-03-2010, 01:14 PM

C63
Dude, you're 26. I don't know your financial situation, or how you plan to build on your future -- but this is not an expensive car.
If you have responsibilities and money is scarce, then be smart and invest in something that will make your money grow.
If you aren't at a shortage of funds, and you like the car as much as you do, then go for it.

In some situations, it's true that when people desperately want something, it quickly loses the significance once obtained;
however, I can't say that about this car. Even if it would ever be overwhelming one night, I would fall in love all over again with the morning roar.
Old 07-03-2010, 01:22 PM

C63
Originally Posted by Militia
Dude, you're 26. I don't know your financial situation, or how you plan to build on your future -- but this is not an expensive car.
If you have responsibilities and money is scarce, then be smart and invest in something that will make your money grow.
If you aren't at a shortage of funds, and you like the car as much as you do, then go for it.

In some situations, it's true that when people desperately want something, it quickly loses the significance once obtained;
however, I can't say that about this car. Even if it would ever be overwhelming one night, I would fall in love all over again with the morning roar.
I am not that rich either. But I saved enough and money is not that scarce, I mean, I have to have a minimal flow of money to buy this, but I am not a millionaire.

About the roar, you're so right. Just looking at the car makes me drool. Every component of it screams perfection! No matter what I pay, and how guilty I feel (if ever) the value of the car is not going anywhere.
Old 07-03-2010, 01:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Porsche 991S, Cayenne S, 1972 BMW 3.0CS E9 Coupe
Those are your friends? I'd hate to hear about your enemies.

I'd get some new friends if I were you......

knowing that you will beat almost any car around you is just an ecstatic sensation.
fwiw, that "ecstatic sensation" will wear thin in a day or two. Especially after you realize there are many, many much faster (and better) cars out there.

Don't fool yourself. Buy a car for your own personal enjoyment and forget everybody else. You seemed to be worried more about what people around you think.
Old 07-03-2010, 01:41 PM

C63
Originally Posted by 220S
Those are your friends? I'd hate to hear about your enemies.

I'd get some new friends if I were you......

fwiw, that "ecstatic sensation" will wear thin in a day or two. Especially after you realize there are many, many much faster (and better) cars out there.

Don't fool yourself. Buy a car for your own personal enjoyment and forget everybody else. You seemed to be worried more about what people around you think.
I am not worried about what people think at all. In fact, if I am, I wouldn't be buying the car. I don't think that sensation would go anywhere, no in months. True, there are better cars out there, but how many are we looking it and how often do you bump into them on the streets?

And about that feeling, that's not for me to show off with, that''s for me to enjoy. For my personal benefit, not anyone else's.
Old 07-03-2010, 02:20 PM

GT2 C63 and yo sister
if hes 26 and can afford this car we should all be applauding him for his success and good taste. Young people have unfortunately been indoctrinated with an anti-car, anti-wealth anti-success, pro-guilt mediocrity mindset, its good to see one of "Us" has made it out of the mind control hive
Old 07-03-2010, 02:33 PM

C63
lol wtf? It's your money, you can spend it on whatever you want.
It's funny to see questions like this on a car forum.
Old 07-03-2010, 02:41 PM

no more AMG
It doesn't matter how old or young you are, some people will always find some lame excuse as to why you should spend money on a car. I've heard the same load of crap from other people about my AMG. The bottom line is that it's your money, do whatever you want with it.
Old 07-03-2010, 03:13 PM

2009 C63 K1
I am 46 and got the same comments from my friends. I just told them I paid a lot less than I really did, said 'I got a great deal'. Made them even more jealous...lol. Seriously though, most of your friends are wishing they had this car for themselves and they just don't want to see you have something they can't or choose not to have. Not really friends at all, IMO. I think you will love this car from the minute you buy it until you sell it, if only because you worked hard and saved to buy something that you really want. BUY IT AND ENJOY IT!!
Old 07-03-2010, 03:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
CLS63 Designo Edition, Hyundai Genesis 3.8 , Veloster Turbo, CLS500(Sold), E320 (SMOKED) R500 (Sold)
Haters. Love all your haters, and keep moving. Leave them in your rear view, as they will do nothing but try to keep you like them.

Enjoy your car, enjoy life, forward progression.
Old 07-03-2010, 03:31 PM

His mama. Traded y0 mama in because she was squeaking.
Ask yourself the following questions:

1. Will your friends pay for the car?

2. Do you live off your friends?

3. Do your friends rule your life?

If you answered "no" to the questions, then tell your friends to go pound sand. It's your money and you do what you please with it. If you want to buy a car, then so be it. Your friends should not become your car buying Czars. If you want to spend it on blow and hookers, again, it's your money... you get the idea.

On the flip side, make sure it's what you want. Not what you think you want, nor what you think other people may want (aka don't buy the car to impress people). Buy it for your enjoyment and no one else's.

And when someone says anything negative like "you're too young for this car", then ask them to buy you a more appropriate car with their own money.
Old 07-03-2010, 03:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C63
Originally Posted by someuser
So I am telling a few friends of mine that I will be getting the C63 and once I tell them the price they keep saying things like "you're too young", "spend the money somewhere else and you can do miracles"... It sometimes put me down and makes me think twice... But on the other hand, when I look at the pictures of this beautiful beast, there's no other car I want to be in other than that.
I know I won't probably be able to drive it as fast as I like because of the road rules but still, knowing that you will beat almost any car around you is just an ecstatic sensation.

I am 26, and I've saved for this car, so it wrong to buy it? I don't see myself young at all. In fact, I think I'm old! And the way I see it is, if I don't buy it at this age, I'll never will because I'll keep thinking, I need to pay for other expenses and reinvest the money somewhere else...!
If your spending every last nickle and dime in your bank account on a c63, I personally wouldn't do it.
I don't think your too young to own a c63. There are alot of haters out there that cant stand seeing other people driving something better or succeeding in life. I think its about maturity and not doing irresponsible and reckless things with a high performance car. I'm 24 years old and i own a C63, I work as hard as i can to afford this car. If you saved up money to buy a car you've wanted for a long time, i say go for it. You only live once so buy what makes you happy and enjoy it as much as you can.
Old 07-03-2010, 03:37 PM

Mercedes Benz
They don't want you to get that car cause you'll get more p*ssy and blast their car's lol
Old 07-03-2010, 03:38 PM
cek

'10 C63 AMG P31, '88 Porsche 911 Carrera Coupe, '78 Toyota FJ40, '10 Audi Q7 TDi
Some people are just not car people. I've learned that myself. They just don't 'get it'. They think of cars as transportation; nothing more.

I suppose some of these people would say the same of me - regarding their golf, embroidery, stamp collecting, or minature dog breeding passions - I just don't 'get it'.

If it floats YOUR boat and doesn't harm anyone else, then what others think doesn't really matter.
Old 07-03-2010, 04:32 PM

C63
Thanks for all the positive feedback guys!

Tuesday is my day!
Old 07-03-2010, 04:33 PM

S63 / CLS63
why even mention a price to them? when my friends ask me what I paid, I tell them look it up online.. the majority of them never do
Old 07-03-2010, 04:36 PM

C63
Originally Posted by WhitePano
why even mention a price to them? when my friends ask me what I paid, I tell them look it up online.. the majority of them never do
I thought of actually using that technique, now that you said the majority doesn't, I definitely will!
Old 07-03-2010, 05:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2009 C63
I bought my e46 M3 at 27 and paid for it myself. F the haters...to be honest its the best time of your life to enjoy a car like that -

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average.

Quick Reply: Why do people make you feel guilty?