C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Performance Package - Extra Maintenance Costs?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-04-2010, 02:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
08 C63, VW Touareg V8, VW Touareg V6
Performance Package - Extra Maintenance Costs?

Looking for some advice from those with the Performance Package. I am looking at a CPO C63 with the Performance Package but plan to use the car for daily use. As I understand, these things run through tires pretty fast - not happy about it but willing to go for it. I would love to have the Performance Package but am slightly worried that the upgraded brakes, rear diff, and suspension will generate even more maintenance costs. Is my thinking correct or is MB services set at a fixed price? For example, are all brake jobs the same for the C63 no matter what kind of brakes you have?
Old 07-04-2010, 02:35 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C204, W209, W164
The only fixed costs at the dealership are flat rate/labour.. apart from that, parts on a standard car class can generally be as much as 5-10x less than that of it's respective AMG model. Although, since the comparison is between an AMG vs AMG with PP.. I'd assume, (since I do not have the PP).. the PP will definitely cost a bit extra when replacements are needed, although, nothing drastic. This is the only logical thing that Mercedes would do as a business. I don't see why they would offer more expensive, larger, and better rotors/pads/etc. for the same price as something of lesser value. You're obviously paying for upgrades that transform the already amazing stock set up for something even above that.. there's no way in hell Mercedes would charge the same cost as OEM replacement rotors/pads for the PP rotors/pads. The raw cost for the company goes up, so they'll have to charge more in order to keep their profit ratio's on par.
Old 07-04-2010, 03:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
08 C63, VW Touareg V8, VW Touareg V6
Thanks, that's what I'm thinking as well. I am coming from BMW wasn't sure how MB treated their maintenance plans.