C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

Tires... anyone try Yokohama AVID ENVigor...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-08-2010, 02:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
'18 C63A Cabriolet
Tires... anyone try Yokohama AVID ENVigor...

These tires are very reasonably priced, about $600+ for the set of fronts and rears, 18". Any experience with these tires? Good or bad? Noise is my greatest concern. I don't really care much how long tires last (within reason) but care a lot about how loud they are. I want QUIET!
Old 07-08-2010, 09:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 C63
I have about 800 miles on a set of them. I was extremely concerned during the initial break-in period as they were pretty mushy. Once broke in though they seem to be as responsive and quite as similar tires in this category. I'd buy them again but be prepared for an unnerving break-in period.
Old 07-08-2010, 09:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'18 C63A Cabriolet
Originally Posted by SOFDefuzer
I have about 800 miles on a set of them. I was extremely concerned during the initial break-in period as they were pretty mushy. Once broke in though they seem to be as responsive and quite as similar tires in this category. I'd buy them again but be prepared for an unnerving break-in period.
That's Ok for me since I drive like a grandpa except when I'm going straight. The treadwear rating for those tires is like 520, too, so I'm hoping to get more than 5K miles out of them!
Old 07-09-2010, 08:31 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2012 E350 4matic
i have them and i have about 2k miles on a set of rears. (the fronts are the OEM Pzeros for now) i will tell you this. noise level - seem as quiet as the Pzeros were when new. at the very least no noisier than the old worn out Pzeros. grip - obviously not as good as the Pzeros in hard acceleration but for what i do they are more than acceptable still very firm feeling but like i said the fronts are still the pzeros.

overall im VERY pleased with them. as you can see i only got 4k miles out of the pzeros. if i can get 12k or so out of these im super happy! right now they show no wear. its a trade off like any tire. but the pzeros were more aggressive than i need and the tread wear suffered because of their grip level. im willing to take a little less grip and have a tire that works on the road in dry or wet, hot or cold and wears at an acceptable rate for my time and money.

i hope this helps.
Old 07-09-2010, 10:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'18 C63A Cabriolet
Originally Posted by eagle_lex
i have them and i have about 2k miles on a set of rears. (the fronts are the OEM Pzeros for now) i will tell you this. noise level - seem as quiet as the Pzeros were when new. at the very least no noisier than the old worn out Pzeros. grip - obviously not as good as the Pzeros in hard acceleration but for what i do they are more than acceptable still very firm feeling but like i said the fronts are still the pzeros.

overall im VERY pleased with them. as you can see i only got 4k miles out of the pzeros. if i can get 12k or so out of these im super happy! right now they show no wear. its a trade off like any tire. but the pzeros were more aggressive than i need and the tread wear suffered because of their grip level. im willing to take a little less grip and have a tire that works on the road in dry or wet, hot or cold and wears at an acceptable rate for my time and money.

i hope this helps.
Very helpful. Thanks for taking the time. It sounds like you need the same things from tires that I do. I'm gonna give these a shot when my rears wear out.
Old 07-09-2010, 03:31 PM

2012 E350 4matic
@HBC350 - you wont be disappointed. if you never track it and you dont mind the traction light blinking under only very aggressive throttle you will like them. actually the worst thing i have noticed is long semi aggressive turns if you are accelerating and carrying a ton of speed the traction nanny kicks in big time. now in sport not so much. dont forget when they are brand new they will not be as grippy so give them some miles to fully scrub in.

you cant beat the price and the tread wear rating. it was between these and the Conti DWS's. i tried these as they were supposed to be a direct competitor to the Contis and the Contis were sold out.

i basically use this as a weekend and out to dinner car with friends and these tires are more than enough. plus in the freezing temps there shouldnt be an issue of them turning into hockey pucks. big plus for me as i drive the car if the roads are clean and not salty.

let us know after you have about 500 miles on them how they feel and what you think. tires really affect a car and everyone has different needs. these meet or exceed mine.
Old 11-16-2010, 12:15 PM

2009 C63 with Eurocharged tune and charcoal delete
Any updates from you guys using Yoko Avid Envigors? It's new tire time again. Been using Sumitomo HTRZIIIs and I like them a lot, but that 560 treadwear rating on the Envigors sure looks tempting. Love to get any long term feedback you guys could share. Thanks.
Old 11-16-2010, 12:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'18 C63A Cabriolet
Originally Posted by Palladin
Any updates from you guys using Yoko Avid Envigors? It's new tire time again. Been using Sumitomo HTRZIIIs and I like them a lot, but that 560 treadwear rating on the Envigors sure looks tempting. Love to get any long term feedback you guys could share. Thanks.
So far about 1,000 miles of quiet driving, and that really was the most important thing to me, with price being a close second. No complaints. If the rears last 8-9K miles I'll be happy. Got my complete set for $750 out the door.
Old 11-16-2010, 01:14 PM

2012 E350 4matic
@HBC350 - your tires will easily last 8-9k! i have 5k on mine and they look brand new..... seriously. i bet we get 20k. i have beat on these tires way more than the stock P zeros. way more.
Old 11-17-2010, 08:36 AM

2010 C63
Concur with all of the previous comments. Be patient for the first 500 miles and then use as directed. I'm extremely pleased by the tread wear so far. I have about 6K on them and still going strong.
Old 12-07-2010, 12:47 PM

2009 C63 with Eurocharged tune and charcoal delete
Got my Yoko Avid's installed yesterday (235/40 and 275/35) and am quite happy with them so far. If they last as long as I hope they will (560 treadwear rating) and perform at this level they will be hard to beat. Thanks to all you guys for your advice and opinions.
Old 12-07-2010, 01:26 PM

2012 E350 4matic
glad we could give back to the forum! you all helped me tremedously and i just wanted to give my take on something i know about. which isnt often! ha ha hope you enjoy the Avids. i like mine.
Old 11-21-2012, 02:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'18 C63A Cabriolet
Rear tires ready for new...

Ready for my 3rd set of these Yokahama AVID Envigors. Love 'em. 12-14K miles per set of rears, nice and quiet the entire time. Yeah, the traction control "nanny" comes on without much throttle but I couldn't care less about that. For $200 a pop I'm more than satisfied.
Old 11-21-2012, 03:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
507 SEDAN
Search and check it out!! There is much info on here about tires, tire life, and fitments.

When searching and asking here for tire thoughts and brands, I was continuously being asked to do a search. From the info that I got, they do have more road noise over some of the others.

I ended up going with Michelin PSS. They are a little more, but oh how I have enjoyed them. Great tires and CANNOT beat the warranty. I have used it already. I purchased 19 inch wheels (was currently on 18's)2 days after I had them installed, called Mich. and told them I wasn't happy with them. I got a full refund, no questions asked, and paid just the difference on the 19inch tire. I was and am, very happy!!!
Old 03-20-2013, 02:29 PM

2009 C300
Yoko avid envigors

Hi All,

First time poster for my '09 C300...I put these Yoko's on about 20,000 miles ago. At first they were great but now the rears *SCREAM* on the highway -> wet smooth asphalt is the worst. Is this considered normal? Doesn't seem so. This is just my ride to and from work and I drive it very easy. With the directional rotation and different sized rims, the rotation configurations are obviously limited.

Any thoughts on a dismount and remount to the opposite side??

Thanks..

Bill