C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

Seat bolster and lumbar controls died (third repair coming up)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-29-2010, 12:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
09 C63
Seat bolster and lumbar controls died (third repair coming up)

Anyone have something similar? Both front seat three button controls (lower/upper lumbar and bolsters) not working. Fuses all check out fine. Dealer replaced a rear control module (whatever that is) once already. This is the third time going in for this issue.

Very annoying as my kids mess with the passenger seat controls, making it narrow and useless for any grown up to sit in when it dies.

Any reset sequences I can try short of disco'ing the battery?

Ciao.
Old 07-29-2010, 02:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
'18 C63A Cabriolet
Originally Posted by peet
Anyone have something similar? Both front seat three button controls (lower/upper lumbar and bolsters) not working. Fuses all check out fine. Dealer replaced a rear control module (whatever that is) once already. This is the third time going in for this issue.

Very annoying as my kids mess with the passenger seat controls, making it narrow and useless for any grown up to sit in when it dies.

Any reset sequences I can try short of disco'ing the battery?

Ciao.
I would not attempt a reset. You want the car to be malfunctioning when you get it to the dealer. Otherwise, they may be just taking guesses at what the problem is.
Old 08-31-2013, 01:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stupid 2011 C63 AMG
Reviving this because this just happened to me. Anyone else ever deal with this?
Old 09-03-2013, 12:08 PM

Stupid 2011 C63 AMG
Anyone? I replaced all the fuses for good measure, still nothing. Checked all the connections I could find, plugged, re-plugged, still both seats don't work. I swear something stupid breaks on this car at least once a month. Nothing bit, just annoying little crap ALL. THE. TIME.
Old 11-08-2013, 09:40 AM

Stupid 2011 C63 AMG
OK I FOUND A FIX! And it pisses me off even more now. I had already replaced the fuses and it still didn't work. Considering it was both seats it had to be electrical. I, again, replaced the fuse for the seats (15A, in the box in the trunk) AND THEY WORKED. Then they stopped working again. So I cleaned the terminals for the fuse, which were not dirty and showed no signs of corrosion, and now they work and I am never touching those mother****ing controls ever again. Next stupid little problem this car has I'm going straight to human sacrifice with a Mercedes engineer.
Old 11-08-2013, 09:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 381 Likes on 237 Posts
2010 Irridium Silver MB C63 AMG Sedan
Wow. That's crazy and good intuition on your part. Do you have moisture in the trunk or any water leakage from rubber molding?
Old 11-08-2013, 10:31 AM

Stupid 2011 C63 AMG
Definitely not. Stored indoors, seal is great, never been in a collision of any kind. I'm wondering if there is a connection issue in the box itself; wires to the back of the fuse, etc. The fuse fits in nice and tight, so it's just really strange. I don't really want to dig back there to find out. I may have to at some point, but for now I'm just not touching it.
Old 11-08-2013, 03:38 PM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
E63S
My 2010 has just been in with the dealer for what sounds like the same problem. They traced the fault to something shorting under the thigh bolster in the drivers seat, which would then blow the fuse. I have to book it back in as it is a 2 day front seat out/pull it all apart job apparently.
Old 11-09-2013, 12:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 286 Likes on 184 Posts
10 C six trizzle
when a fuse blows its because the circuit got overloaded, dont expect a replacement fuse to fix the problem. The problem that made the fuse blow in the first place is still there. Much like a penny in the cigarette lighter, unless you remove the penny the fuses will continue to pop. Ive seen rare instances where the same has internal connection issues. I doubt this is the problem but just throwing it out there.