Sponsored by:

OE Tuning Dyno Results

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-22-2010, 06:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
335i 6AT
Originally Posted by TTMotorsports
It had nothing to do with an air box mod. There are so many members that call me from around the world regularly and they will all tell you that I spend as much time as is needed to answer questions and give real world, hands on advice. Maybe you guys should start pming Jon questions?

You asked me how many questions and you kept referring to "what you read on the internet" as your basis on your opinion. So why did you keep asking me then? He also doesn't believe in K&N or BMC filters. He likes the paper ones.

Gnat on a hot summer night!
Anyone with half a brain knows K&N filters or any high-flow filter for that matter increases the flow and velocity into the combustion chamber, it's simple physics. I suppose it does baffle the mind if he did say that.

There was a fellow in my neck of the woods who went off and told a newbie that his car runs just as fast when his meth runs out as when it's running. This idiot forgot to mention that his ignition timing would take a dump and would suffer glow ignition codes or possibly detonation in a worst case scenario.

This is an extreme example, but you can't take everything you read on the "internetz" literally.

I was just questioning the fact that a site vendor could publicly badmouth a site user, warranted or not. He rubs virtually everyone the wrong way on the message boards myself included, but vendors need to keep it professional. Your next big customer might be as stubborn or misinformed as this guy, but money talks, no?

I know a lot about you guys actually, this kid Rick who lives around me had a 335xi now has an M3 DCT with that BMW Motorsports banner on the windshield raves about you guys all the time.
Old 09-22-2010, 07:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C63
Nice gains.
If seen guys with the 5.5 AMG engines put dry ice on they're superchargers while on the dyno.

BTW how much was the tune?
Old 09-22-2010, 07:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
02 CLK 55 AMG,09 C63 loaded with P30
Originally Posted by themyst
Anyone with half a brain knows K&N filters or any high-flow filter for that matter increases the flow and velocity into the combustion chamber, it's simple physics. I suppose it does baffle the mind if he did say that.

There was a fellow in my neck of the woods who went off and told a newbie that his car runs just as fast when his meth runs out as when it's running. This idiot forgot to mention that his ignition timing would take a dump and would suffer glow ignition codes or possibly detonation in a worst case scenario.

This is an extreme example, but you can't take everything you read on the "internetz" literally.

I was just questioning the fact that a site vendor could publicly badmouth a site user, warranted or not. He rubs virtually everyone the wrong way on the message boards myself included, but vendors need to keep it professional. Your next big customer might be as stubborn or misinformed as this guy, but money talks, no?

I know a lot about you guys actually, this kid Rick who lives around me had a 335xi now has an M3 DCT with that BMW Motorsports banner on the windshield raves about you guys all the time.
Well Bruce at TTmotorsports even said himself that K&N is useless.
Old 09-22-2010, 07:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
Originally Posted by Jons95c36amg
Enough dude. Bruce is the man and will make you look stupid when talking anything about MB or cars. Stop trying to draw him into a bicker match.

My personal experience with Bruce was nothing but good. Hes a nice guy, down to earth and knows his ****. If Bruce has a problem with you its probably with good reason. You probably came into the shop like a know it all and he put you in your place. The "Why are you here" comment shows it. He was probably saying "If you know so much you dont need me"

As far as Bruce coming at you like this I guess maybe he shouldnt have. Your rep seems to speak for itself. I dont know who you are but it seems many do and that should have been enough. But I know a lot about Bruce and I think hes being nice to you!

You came into this thread and said the box mod, the thing he is doing at his shop for people, is crap. You had no data to back it up. You asked for a ripping and you got it.

There seems to be some history here that I dont know about but I would just let it go dude. No reason to make enemies. You know your going to meet Bruce and others at an event some day. Best we all just get along.
Old 09-22-2010, 07:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by propain
Enough dude. Bruce is the man and will make you look stupid when talking anything about MB or cars. Stop trying to draw him into a bicker match.

My personal experience with Bruce was nothing but good. Hes a nice guy, down to earth and knows his ****. If Bruce has a problem with you its probably with good reason. You probably came into the shop like a know it all and he put you in your place. The "Why are you here" comment shows it. He was probably saying "If you know so much you dont need me"

As far as Bruce coming at you like this I guess maybe he shouldnt have. Your rep seems to speak for itself. I dont know who you are but it seems many do and that should have been enough. But I know a lot about Bruce and I think hes being nice to you!

You came into this thread and said the box mod, the thing he is doing at his shop for people, is crap. You had no data to back it up. You asked for a ripping and you got it.

There seems to be some history here that I dont know about but I would just let it go dude. No reason to make enemies. You know your going to meet Bruce and others at an event some day. Best we all just get along.
Dudeeee! i just didnt want the airbox mod! He tells me why am I here.
I waited there for hrs for the tuner to arrive. WTF he is the one who started this BS here. If you like him good for you. To me he wasnt nice and professional. Come on dude he is running a business and its sure not a good way to win customers.
Old 09-22-2010, 07:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
Dudeeee! i just didnt want the airbox mod! He tells me why am I here.
I waited there for hrs for the tuner to arrive. WTF he is the one who started this BS here. If you like him good for you. To me he wasnt nice and professional. Come on dude he is running a business and its sure not a good way to win customers.

Im just saying let it go. I dont know the history with you guys. I understand yours didnt go well with him though. But he really knows his stuff so dont try to make him look bad.

I stated it wasnt the best for him to come at you. Ill talk to him and see why he did because im sure he wont post on this anymore.

I just want us all to get along!

I want to race that Jeep also!! 11.1!!! WTF.. he did more work to it I see! We gotta all meet and Captree this weekend and put this all behind us! You and Bruce I mean.
Old 09-22-2010, 08:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Im just saying let it go. I dont know the history with you guys. I understand yours didnt go well with him though. But he really knows his stuff so dont try to make him look bad.

I stated it wasnt the best for him to come at you. Ill talk to him and see why he did because im sure he wont post on this anymore.

I just want us all to get along!

I want to race that Jeep also!! 11.1!!! WTF.. he did more work to it I see! We gotta all meet and Captree this weekend and put this all behind us! You and Bruce I mean.
The Jeep guy-Chris was looking for you. I did prove him wrong that a tune is close with his beast!
Old 09-22-2010, 08:06 PM

09 Eurocharged C63 AMG
Jon,

As I hope you know, every man has his breaking point and mine has finally come with you. Your derogatory claims against Bruce and TTMotorsports are anything but valid. Considering the minuscule amount of money I spent at TTMotorsports, Bruce treated me as if I spent 20 times that and never pressured me into anything! I wrote a long detailed review about my experience at his shop, not because I was force to, but because I felt it merited it. Any member or non-member on this forum can spend 20 minutes checking your post history and construct their opinion about you which 99.9% of the members feel is negative. Your “racing” experiences have become a forum for which you are mocked, and discredited by many of the senior members here. So instead of acting like some “boy racer” on M3post.com, maybe you should spend more of your time trying to repair your image instead of continuing to demolish it!
Old 09-22-2010, 08:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
The Jeep guy-Chris was looking for you. I did prove him wrong that a tune is close with his beast!

Ill be there this Sunday. You should come down also! Well see how a OE tune Vs OE tune with box mod does!
Old 09-22-2010, 08:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by MikeG_C63_AMG
Jon,

As I hope you know, every man has his breaking point and mine has finally come with you. Your derogatory claims against Bruce and TTMotorsports are anything but valid. Considering the minuscule amount of money I spent at TTMotorsports, Bruce treated me as if I spent 20 times that and never pressured me into anything! I wrote a long detailed review about my experience at his shop, not because I was force to, but because I felt it merited it. Any member or non-member on this forum can spend 20 minutes checking your post history and construct their opinion about you which 99.9% of the members feel is negative. Your “racing” experiences have become a forum for which you are mocked, and discredited by many of the senior members here. So instead of acting like some “boy racer” on M3post.com, maybe you should spend more of your time trying to repair your image instead of continuing to demolish it!
Dude who is the one that started with the lashing out? Hmm? He runs a business definitely not a way to win customers. BTW stick to the topic.
Old 09-22-2010, 08:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Ill be there this Sunday. You should come down also! Well see how a OE tune Vs OE tune with box mod does!
Sure thing! Prove me wrong!
Old 09-22-2010, 08:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
Dude who is the one that started with the lashing out? Hmm? He runs a business definitely not a way to win customers. BTW stick to the topic.
You started it by talking crap about the Air Box Mod that he is offering. Lets be real here. You made a dig and he came back at you for it. Hes not running a fortune 500 company. Hes a tuner and a grease monkey!

His reputation wins customers. Ive heard Andy from MHP is a douche. Lots of people follow that dude and MHP gets plenty of business.
Old 09-22-2010, 09:07 PM

335i 6AT
now i'm tempted to come to captree to watch all these benzos race each other. Too bad I have softball grr
Old 09-22-2010, 09:08 PM

335i 6AT
get this on video please i am sick of jon telling me every day that his car is a freak
Old 09-22-2010, 09:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
get this on video please i am sick of jon telling me every day that his car is a freak
Have you seen my Dyno results? lol If he only has a tune im gonna take him for sure.

and yes.. if hes running the OE tune his car is a beast. I wanna see some Dyno numbers from him more than I wanna run him to be honest.
Old 09-22-2010, 09:12 PM

09 Eurocharged C63 AMG
Sorry you started the "pissing match" and much like your other posts in blew up in your face. Let it go. If Bruce ran a bad business he be crucified like the numerous other tuners on this forum have been in the past. The common variable in all these problems is yourself and you are doing nothing to resolve it.
Old 09-22-2010, 09:15 PM

335i 6AT
Have you seen my Dyno results? lol If he only has a tune im gonna take him for sure.

and yes.. if hes running the OE tune his car is a beast. I wanna see some Dyno numbers from him more than I wanna run him to be honest.
You're probably around the 430-440whp range not knowing what this airbox mod is. I just want to see your car ahead of his car so I no longer have to hear that his car is a freak. PLEASE get it on video
Old 09-22-2010, 09:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
You're probably around the 430-440whp range not knowing what this airbox mod is. I just want to see your car ahead of his car so I no longer have to hear that his car is a freak. PLEASE get it on video

Ill do my best! Ill bring my flip and get it on video.
Old 09-22-2010, 10:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

On the subject about airbox. My friends 2010 e63 with charcoals removed. With mine intact. Stock for stock we run dead even. So if he had his charcoals put back I would pull on him? Now that i have the tune my car leaps out like a animal before we even start to really go. Gotta love the big trq increase.
Old 09-22-2010, 10:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Yes i do think its a beast after that Jeep run. Which traps 121!
Old 09-22-2010, 10:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
On the subject about airbox. My friends 2010 e63 with charcoals removed. With mine intact. Stock for stock we run dead even. So if he had his charcoals put back I would pull on him? Now that i have the tune my car leaps out like a animal before we even start to really go. Gotta love the big trq increase.
With a tune you should easily dispatch even a tuned E63.

Charcoals removed make the car a little more responsive. Air box mod as well. Its supposed to add a little more power as well.

How about put up some Dyno numbers! How about you come with me to the Dyno. We can Dyno your car and then you can use my Airbox and K&N and we will Dyno it again?
Old 09-22-2010, 10:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

now i'm tempted to come to captree to watch all these benzos race each other. Too bad I have softball grr
You always say your car with high boost traps 117-119. It should be a interesting outcome.
Old 09-22-2010, 10:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

With a tune you should easily dispatch even a tuned E63.

Charcoals removed make the car a little more responsive. Air box mod as well. Its supposed to add a little more power as well.

How about put up some Dyno numbers! How about you come with me to the Dyno. We can Dyno your car and then you can use my Airbox and K&N and we will Dyno it again?
Been there done that. Tuned 10 e63 loses by 4-5cars.
Old 09-22-2010, 10:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
Been there done that. Tuned 10 e63 loses by 4-5cars.
and the Dyno request? On me... Lets see if your right. I know you will gain power from the mod and the filter change. Care to make a wager?
Old 09-22-2010, 10:20 PM

335i 6AT
and the Dyno request? On me... Lets see if your right. I know you will gain power from the mod and the filter change. Care to make a wager?
psh don't waste ur money on him, pay to dyno my 135 400's or bust on a dynojet

I'm going to the drag strip this Saturday, going to run 20psi on drags. Either I will have a catastrophic breakdown or I will crack some insane times for a 135.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: OE Tuning Dyno Results