C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

My C63 & Ferrari :PICS:

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-20-2010, 11:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts
2010 C63 AMG, 2009 ISF , 2002 L-Tuned IS300, 2011 ML350
Jean, your F355 looks so good... a classic!!
Old 09-21-2010, 12:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1997 Ferrari F355 Berlinetta, 2014 Mercedes Benz ML 350, 2008 MB C63 AMG (deceased), 2009 MB C63 AMG
AMG,

Thanks for the video. That was a Kreisseg exhaust. There are many awesome YouTube videos with Capristo, as well. I have a Larini exhaust with straight pipes and man does it give me chills when I let it wail.

Roswell,

Thanks for the compliment. Yeah I truly feel Ferrari hit a home run with the 355. I think it will go down as one of the true great classic Ferraris. However, I think Ferrari also has hit a home run with the new V8, the 458.

Yes, I feel the C63 is the best car that I can think of if I could only pick one car to have in my garage to fit my current lifestyle. I am extremely happy with it. Like the F355, it has never failed to bring a smile to my face. We are all truly lucky to own such a great machine.
Old 09-24-2010, 02:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C63
Originally Posted by Jean Valjean
AMG,

Thanks for the video. That was a Kreisseg exhaust. There are many awesome YouTube videos with Capristo, as well. I have a Larini exhaust with straight pipes and man does it give me chills when I let it wail.

Roswell,

Thanks for the compliment. Yeah I truly feel Ferrari hit a home run with the 355. I think it will go down as one of the true great classic Ferraris. However, I think Ferrari also has hit a home run with the new V8, the 458.

Yes, I feel the C63 is the best car that I can think of if I could only pick one car to have in my garage to fit my current lifestyle. I am extremely happy with it. Like the F355, it has never failed to bring a smile to my face. We are all truly lucky to own such a great machine.
The new V8 Ferraris are great. The 458 is a great looking car, never seen one on the street but it looks great in pictures. Ive heard alot of 458's catching on fire for some odd reason.
Old 09-24-2010, 02:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
2017 Mini Cooper S Clubman ALL4 - British Racing Green
The fire resulted in a recall. The epoxy/glue (yes.. they used glue.. wtf.. its a Ferrari, spend the extra pennies on rivets...) that held a part in place (I believe somewhere in the wheel well, I forget where though) failed and the part in question fell onto the heat shield which then burst into flames...
Old 09-24-2010, 05:17 PM

1997 Ferrari F355 Berlinetta, 2014 Mercedes Benz ML 350, 2008 MB C63 AMG (deceased), 2009 MB C63 AMG
Yes, the recall has been issued on 458's due to engine fires. I believe somewhere around 4 or 5 cases of this. Cause was melting of an epoxy used on engine compartment heat shielding. The epoxy would melt and drip on the engine block and low and behold, was highly flammable. A few of these cases went ip on flames, not while being driven, but after the cars sat after being driven, while engine was off. Epoxy likely used as these things have been used in F1 to bond light composite materials (carbon fiber, etc) together in a light weight manner. Highest technology stuff. Lightweight is king. Heck, Ferrari issued a recall
on my 355's to correct possible engine fire risk due to improperly places fuel lines that would wear and leak fuel on top of the engine block. This recall was issued in 2009, some
14 years after the car came to production, likely after many cases. Likely took a serious
injury/fatality, hence lawsuit to put them over the edge to put out the recall. Ferrari has always been about winning races, priority number one. Everything else is second. That is how Enzo saw it. When paying for a Ferrari, one is paying for the engine technology, innovation, and racing history, pedigree. Prestige and wealth have naturally followed. Point is, just cuz it costs a bundle, don't correlate this with build quality or safety. On the reality of it you may be sorely disappointed.
Old 09-24-2010, 07:07 PM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
What I like!
Nice pics and info. I love to hear you guys compare the C63 with a Ferrari.
Old 09-24-2010, 07:36 PM

It is particularly interesting that the c63 and f355 berlinetta have the same Nurburgring time! Same distance in very different ways!
Old 09-25-2010, 02:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63
When paying for a Ferrari, one is paying for the engine technology, innovation, and racing history, pedigree. Prestige and wealth have naturally followed. Point is, just cuz it costs a bundle, don't correlate this with build quality or safety. On the reality of it you may be sorely disappointed.
I agree with you 110% on this one. But i would not be dissapointed no matter what kind of Ferrari i have in my garage Haha.
Old 09-25-2010, 02:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63
Originally Posted by Hans Delbruck
Nice pics and info. I love to hear you guys compare the C63 with a Ferrari.
Thank you,
The AMG and Ferrari are 2 completely different breed of animals. The AMG is built with German precision, meaning everything was made with reliability and power in mind. It dosent have the looks of a Ferrari but the car itself is Built and looks like it will "take care of business" without being too over the top.
The Ferrari on the other hand is built with the passion of Italian engineering.
They have put soul into the car as well as racing heritage that Ferrari is known for.
Either way, both cars are amazing....
Old 09-25-2010, 05:54 PM

My C63 out on a playdate with a friend's Ferrari Challenge Stradale

Finally took the C63 out on some serious roads with a friend's "new" Challenge Stradale. We drove on a road we were both familiar with different cars. Usually I'll take the F355 Berlinetta out and usually my friend would take out his 360 Modena. However, my buddy traded in his 360 for the Challenge Stradale on Friday and wanted to try it out. We drove our favorite 5 mile stretch of prime road and then swapped cars. We then went back to the local coffee joint for breakfast and compared notes. The AMG had no problem keeping pace with the "hardcore" Italian Stallion. My friend, a previous C350 sport owner, commented that "The AMG is a monster, and was surprisingly nimble in the twisties." He also commented that he liked how the AMG looks radically different then the 350 sport as opposed to a 335 to an M3. I've been a more traditional 3 pedal manual rev-match downshift type of driver, but in getting the hang of these paddle shift cars, I can truly understand how much faster people can go with the paddles and 2 hands on the wheel at all times. There truly is an art to driving a manual, but technology has definitely taken over (Paul Bunyon has lost to the chainsaw). Anyway, I usually do a bimonthly drive the local Ferrari/exotic group, and one of these times I think I'll bring the AMG along.
Attached Thumbnails My C63 & Ferrari :PICS:-dscf4516.jpg   My C63 & Ferrari :PICS:-dscf4510.jpg   My C63 & Ferrari :PICS:-dscf4515.jpg   My C63 & Ferrari :PICS:-dscf4519.jpg  
Old 09-26-2010, 05:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63
Finally took the C63 out on some serious roads with a friend's "new" Challenge Stradale. We drove on a road we were both familiar with different cars. Usually I'll take the F355 Berlinetta out and usually my friend would take out his 360 Modena. However, my buddy traded in his 360 for the Challenge Stradale on Friday and wanted to try it out. We drove our favorite 5 mile stretch of prime road and then swapped cars. We then went back to the local coffee joint for breakfast and compared notes. The AMG had no problem keeping pace with the "hardcore" Italian Stallion. My friend, a previous C350 sport owner, commented that "The AMG is a monster, and was surprisingly nimble in the twisties." He also commented that he liked how the AMG looks radically different then the 350 sport as opposed to a 335 to an M3. I've been a more traditional 3 pedal manual rev-match downshift type of driver, but in getting the hang of these paddle shift cars, I can truly understand how much faster people can go with the paddles and 2 hands on the wheel at all times. There truly is an art to driving a manual, but technology has definitely taken over (Paul Bunyon has lost to the chainsaw). Anyway, I usually do a bimonthly drive the local Ferrari/exotic group, and one of these times I think I'll bring the AMG along.
That stradale is gorgeous!! And your C63 looks great with the 16 spoke AMG wheels.
I agree with you on everything you said about the the Manual trans VS paddle shifters. But there is something VERY fun and special about a 6 speed. The 360 i have in my pics was a 6 speed manual so it was even more fun to drive then the paddle shift version.
If your ever around SoCal and want to go on a great driving road i highly suggest Angeles Crest higway. Its 55 miles of pure driving bliss.

Last edited by _AMG_; 09-26-2010 at 05:58 AM.