Sponsored by:

Another sad day for Lewis Hamilton!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-26-2010 | 10:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2014 C63 Sedan
Another sad day for Lewis Hamilton!

Complete BS, Mark Webber should have been penalized! Anybody else agree with me?!
Old 09-26-2010 | 12:16 PM

09 C63
i am a huge Hamilton fan but do not think Webber should have been penalized, its motor racing after all. lewis knew it was Webber and he is hard man and should have left more room, i believe lewis would have had the inside line for the next corner. after Monza he should have been even more cautious.
Old 09-26-2010 | 12:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!
Veteran: Marine Corp

07 E63 AMG, 10 C63 AMG, 07 E63 Designo, 07 E350, 09 C300, 07 C230
hell yeah....lewis was 5 points back before this race, now 20 points. i don't know how he can recover the championship with only four races left. He would need to win everyone now.
Old 09-26-2010 | 12:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2014 C63 Sedan
Originally Posted by tgibrit
i am a huge Hamilton fan but do not think Webber should have been penalized, its motor racing after all. lewis knew it was Webber and he is hard man and should have left more room, i believe lewis would have had the inside line for the next corner. after Monza he should have been even more cautious.
When somebody cuts you off, you slow down, what Webber did was carry on speed to scare away Hamilton and obviously he was on Hamilton's blind spot, so with that being said to me it looked like Webber hit him on purpose!
Old 09-26-2010 | 12:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'22 G 63 AMG, '21 GLE 53 AMG, '20 NSX
The overtaking driver has the responsiblility in making the pass to do it safely, Danny Sullivan and stewards got this one right. Hamiliton tried a bold move, who'd he think he was passing some back marker!
Old 09-26-2010 | 02:16 PM

2010 C63
I am a big Lewis fan, but there was no foul. It was just unfortunate. I think that the F1 stewards are generally WAY WAY too quick to assess penalties for what is known here in NASCAR land as "one of them racin' deals". The addition of a former driver to the stewards group seems to have resulted in fewer penalties and more racing.

And if Webber got a penalty for that, then MSC would have had his arms and legs broken several times this season - including today.
Old 09-26-2010 | 06:35 PM

09 C63
i would agree, i don't think Vettel should have penalized for taking out Button and i;m a Brit. the last thing F1 needs is to discourage racing,

Originally Posted by ATL_MB
I am a big Lewis fan, but there was no foul. It was just unfortunate. I think that the F1 stewards are generally WAY WAY too quick to assess penalties for what is known here in NASCAR land as "one of them racin' deals". The addition of a former driver to the stewards group seems to have resulted in fewer penalties and more racing.

And if Webber got a penalty for that, then MSC would have had his arms and legs broken several times this season - including today.
Old 09-26-2010 | 10:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG GTBS, AMG GTR Pro, AMG GT, C63 AMG, Porsche Panamera 4S, RX-7 FC Turbo II
Arghhhh... hate to say it but it was a racing incident. I wish Hammy would have been a little more patient. Webber never makes it easy.
Old 09-26-2010 | 10:51 PM

pick up
Do what you think guys is right,right? lol
Old 09-27-2010 | 10:55 AM

E46 M3, '09 C63
I think webber should have been penalized...it was an avoidable accident.

Hamilton left room big enough and was far away from the apex. Don't know if you guys noticed the move Kubica had on Sutil...exactly the same move on the same corner. Both Sutil and Kubica were racing for position, Kubic passed Sutil a half cars length at the apex of the same turn...Sutil was able to avoid him, without slowing down to let him pass...in short he was still racing but kept his nose clean.

I think Webber was caught unaware and paniced, in a desperate attempt to recover, entered the turn out of the racing line, and mis judged the turn completely.

I'm not a Hamilton fan though...
Old 09-27-2010 | 11:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

01 CLK 430
Originally Posted by Exacc

Hamilton left room big enough and was far away from the apex. Don't know if you guys noticed the move Kubica had on Sutil...exactly the same move on the same corner. Both Sutil and Kubica were racing for position, Kubic passed Sutil a half cars length at the apex of the same turn...Sutil was able to avoid him, without slowing down to let him pass...in short he was still racing but kept his nose clean.

I think Webber was caught unaware and paniced, in a desperate attempt to recover, entered the turn out of the racing line, and mis judged the turn completely.

I am a Hamilton fan and I think your assesment was spot on!! I also think Webber being airborne over the curbing (too much speed) contributed to the accident as well.
Old 09-27-2010 | 02:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2014 C63 Sedan

thank you, exactly what i was trying to say, and the apex did make webber lift off a bit cause of the high speed.
Old 09-27-2010 | 02:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2014 C63 Sedan
Q: Mark, you took a big gamble on tyre strategy early on in the race. It paid off just, but what about that collision with Lewis Hamilton?
Mark Webber: Well, first of all back to the start. The start was pretty good, so thanks very much to the team. As Seb touched on he had a pretty good one too, so that is good for us to get away and sets the base of the race in a better fashion. Settled into the first stint. Safety car early. Then as you said we decided to pit. I questioned the team to start with and they said it is the right thing, let’s have a go. We pitted and I thought ‘oh, this is going to be a long stint on the primes’. We came back out and when we re-queued up on the safety car I thought ‘okay that’s not too bad’. We were in a reasonable position. I passed a few guys and then I got to Rubens (Barrichello) and he was driving very well. I couldn’t clear him. Then another re-start and it is very difficult to get away cleanly when you have got the backmarkers involved. I got caught up behind one of the Virgins. I don’t know which driver it was. He was doing his best but Lewis got a big run of me. It was pretty harsh for me to have to clear those guys. He could set me up and have a crack at me. Unfortunately we made contact. The contact was similar to what he had in Monza with Felipe (Massa) and it could have easily been my front right tyre over as well. It was not desirable. It was a key part of the race for me to keep him out and there was contact, so it is not something you want to do all the time. After that I had a pretty decent vibration in the front end of the car, very worried if the car would get home to the end. But these two guys drove a fantastic race today. All weekend they drove very well and it was a good race for everyone to see and I am very happy with third.
Old 09-27-2010 | 02:49 PM

Lexus is300
i am a f1 webber fan but to be fair i still think webber should have been penalized because he made a mistake and Hamilton made good use of it and did a great pass and he was clearly at least half of car length in front of Webber who should have yielded and let him go it was avoidable so webber should have lifted instead of taking Hamilton out!
Old 09-27-2010 | 02:52 PM
LZH
Banned

CLK 63 Black Series, 2009 S550, 2011 Range Rover Supercharged, BMW F800 GS Anniv Edition
Thanks for the SPOILER ALERT !!!!!!!!!
Old 09-27-2010 | 04:34 PM

What I like!
It's only a sad day if you're a Hamilton fan.

I like the way the final races are shaping up.......
Old 09-27-2010 | 04:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Excellent point of comparison. I had the same thought on the Kubica pass. When I looked back at it--I see that Kubica gave a little move room and Sutil definitely backed out of it. Webber doesn't lift and Lewis knows it. I just felt like Hamilton and Webber were just going for it (the World Championship). I don't think Webber intended to take Lewis out. I'd hate for the stewards to legislate the racing out of racing (even when my favorite driver gets the DNF.)

Related note--the McLaren seems mighty fragile after Monza and Singapore. Either that or Hamilton has really bad luck these days.
Old 09-27-2010 | 04:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by LZH
Thanks for the SPOILER ALERT !!!!!!!!!
Good call (for next time), as many watch on delay.
Old 09-27-2010 | 07:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'13 GT-R AMS Alpha 9+, CLA45, E55
Originally Posted by Case1906
Excellent point of comparison. I had the same thought on the Kubica pass. When I looked back at it--I see that Kubica gave a little move room and Sutil definitely backed out of it. Webber doesn't lift and Lewis knows it. I just felt like Hamilton and Webber were just going for it (the World Championship). I don't think Webber intended to take Lewis out. I'd hate for the stewards to legislate the racing out of racing (even when my favorite driver gets the DNF.)

Related note--the McLaren seems mighty fragile after Monza and Singapore. Either that or Hamilton has really bad luck these days.
Well said. The kids just having a bit of bad luck and it's come at a very unfortunate point in the season.

On another note: It is good to see the F-cars doing well again. Congrats to Alonzo.