Another ECU tuner - TechTec in Germany

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-27-2010, 06:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2009 C63, 2007 GL 450
Another ECU tuner - TechTec in Germany

Ran across these guys on German eBay offering ECU tune for 1000 Euro = $1,250 (give or take) with claim to 535PS.
http://cgi.ebay.de/Chiptuning-Merced...e_Zubeh%C3%B6r

Here is their website - http://www.techtec.de/index.php?id=98

Interested to know if anyone knows who these guys are and if anyone has tried their tune. Could not make out dyno chart to see what is what.
Old 09-27-2010, 06:57 PM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
they are sprouting every where.
Old 09-27-2010, 07:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
MB
I was looking at the dynocharts as well. Couldn't really tell too much, though.
Old 09-28-2010, 08:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C 63 fully loaded
Originally Posted by harrower
Ran across these guys on German eBay offering ECU tune for 1000 Euro = $1,250 (give or take) with claim to 535PS.
http://cgi.ebay.de/Chiptuning-Merced...e_Zubeh%C3%B6r

Here is their website - http://www.techtec.de/index.php?id=98

Interested to know if anyone knows who these guys are and if anyone has tried their tune. Could not make out dyno chart to see what is what.
Do they tune through the OBD-port?
Old 09-28-2010, 02:08 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 91 Likes on 46 Posts
C63, SL55, E55, CLS55, ML63, C55
It is rumored this is where MHP files originate from. people in the industry know who Techtec is. Might be worth a try.
Old 09-28-2010, 04:34 PM

2009 C63
Haven't you heard the saying "don't start rumors unless you have actual proof"?
Old 09-28-2010, 06:21 PM
Banned

07 RS4 sold, R53 Cooper S, 2008 Cayman S, 2012 GTR
Originally Posted by Erbo
Do they tune through the OBD-port?
To my understanding, no one has been able to tune directly through the front door without first tuning through the board.

We offer a OBD2 option, however the first original flash must be done with the ECU here at our office.
Old 09-28-2010, 06:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 149 Likes on 123 Posts
C63s Cabriolet, BMW M4, Civic
Originally Posted by James@ACGSD
To my understanding, no one has been able to tune directly through the front door without first tuning through the board.

We offer a OBD2 option, however the first original flash must be done with the ECU here at our office.

Please give me a price quote for 2006 Clk 500 ECU tune at your office. thanks.
Old 09-28-2010, 08:28 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Originally Posted by Raleighc63
Haven't you heard the saying "don't start rumors unless you have actual proof"?
Why dont you let MBW know who you really are? "C63beastdriver"

Maybe you can dispel some of these rumors. Did you come on here at one point to sell MHP products? Did you or did you not start the MHP fan site AMGperformance???? I find it strange if you didn't because I get email notifications from your email address. From that forum site.

Are you an MHP rep? The reason I ask is there are alot of people who think you are. I mean this with all sincerity, So addressing any of these rumors would be cool.

I for one don't care where any sponsor or company gets their files from. However there is no denying the fact that the dyno graphs from TechTec's dealer, Eurotek-Design share the same dyno charts that MHP has at one point claimed as their own. as seen here on Eurotek's website under "special services" then "Dyno Charts". IDK maybe this is proof enough to some people http://www.eurotekdesigns.com/main.html

Point is, The OP asked about the Techtec software ad on Ebay. So maybe "if" MHP is using TechTec stuff, It might lend some credibility to making a tuning buy on ebay. Being in this industry, I've heard of TechTec they are a real company, not just some person selling a tune on ebay

Believe me, I'm not picking a fight or calling Andy out. I know where he hangs out. If I had anything to say about MHP that I haven't said directly to MHP, I'd say it. Like maybe I know exactly how to solve the nitrous issue. I think I'll keep that one to myself.

Last edited by MBH motorsports; 09-28-2010 at 08:39 PM.
Old 09-28-2010, 09:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MB
The C63 dyno chart in that link shows a "after" dyno of approximately 460 rwhp and 430 rwtq. What mods are responsible for making this number? Just a tune? I can't see that. Maybe headers and a tune?

Last edited by SonnyakaPig; 09-28-2010 at 10:03 PM.
Old 09-28-2010, 10:30 PM

Ford
Singh Autosport also sells TechTec, I have never read a bad review on a TechTec product

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_FVJlhld5tW...g_%2B_tune.jpg

If you buy it from Singh or Eurotek then at least you have local support, I don't know if they add a Mercedes tax
Attached Thumbnails Another ECU tuner - TechTec in Germany-techtec.jpg  
Old 09-29-2010, 02:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2009 C63, 2007 GL 450
Guys, thanks for the responses and feedback. I hope that this thread stays on up and up here and does not turn into one of these mud-slinging threads about who is getting what from where and who is better etc. There has been enough of that sort of thing in the past. My original point was that the price seemed very good for the ECU tune performance gain (maybe too good?) and was just wondering if this was legit and if anyone had direct experience with them. Hope the thread remains productive.
Dave
Old 09-29-2010, 02:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MB
It does sound like a good buy. I just wish I knew more about the product. Like you said, TS, I hope this thread remains productive.

When Eurotek states on their website that "all vehicles can be tuned via OBD 2 or through our exclusive serial programing method" does that mean that they can bypass the typical need to initially have to access the ECU to make it receptive to OBD 2 tuning? Or as is widely done, would an ECU first have to be sent or brought to Eurotek for some work before your car's OBD 2 could be used for further tuning purposes?

Last edited by SonnyakaPig; 09-29-2010 at 02:56 AM.
Old 09-29-2010, 02:47 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Originally Posted by harrower
Guys, thanks for the responses and feedback. I hope that this thread stays on up and up here and does not turn into one of these mud-slinging threads about who is getting what from where and who is better etc. There has been enough of that sort of thing in the past. My original point was that the price seemed very good for the ECU tune performance gain (maybe too good?) and was just wondering if this was legit and if anyone had direct experience with them. Hope the thread remains productive.
Dave
No issue with keeping it cool. I'd honestly call around to some local dealers in your area. Since Techtec is popular in Europe and you are in Prague I'm sure they have a dealer in your area. It might be worth a call, just to price check. Shop it around a bit. The seller has a 520 positive reviews and not a single bad review. thats got to be worth something
Old 09-29-2010, 02:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
2014 Audi RS7
Believe me, I'm not picking a fight or calling Andy out. I know where he hangs out. If I had anything to say about MHP that I haven't said directly to MHP, I'd say it. Like maybe I know exactly how to solve the nitrous issue. I think I'll keep that one to myself.
Seriously?? First of all thats a great attitude. You may have your problems with Andy or MHP but helping out the general MB AMG community is what this forum is about. I have shared every challenge and solution during the journey to get where we are. I keep nothing to myself in order to help others make their cars go faster.

However, last time I checked we are not chasing any MBH cars running the 1/4 mile with nitrous?? We already have it figured out and will be back out to the track within the next two weeks.

You know the answer to my nitrous problem, really?? You would have to have that problem in order to figure it out.

Sorry, Harrower I digressed a bit but Mike started his little comments. The bantering back and forth between these guys gets old. I'm back on track.

Last edited by Dads C63; 09-29-2010 at 02:29 PM.
Old 09-29-2010, 03:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MB
I called Eurotek and although they are good friends with Techtek in Germany, they do not sell Techtek's tune. Also, Eurotek doesn't believe that Techtek would sell their tune in the U.S.

Also, Eurotek can tune the C63 but you would need to send the ECU to them.

The gentleman that answered my questions was very helpful.
Old 09-29-2010, 04:16 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Originally Posted by Dads C63
Seriously?? First of all thats a great attitude. You may have your problems with Andy or MHP but helping out the general MB AMG community is what this forum is about. I have shared every challenge and solution during the journey to get where we are. I keep nothing to myself in order to help others make their cars go faster.

However, last time I checked we are not chasing any MBH cars running the 1/4 mile with nitrous?? We already have it figured out and will be back out to the track within the next two weeks.

You know the answer to my nitrous problem, really?? You would have to have that problem in order to figure it out.

Sorry, Harrower I digressed a bit but Mike started his little comments. The bantering back and forth between these guys gets old. I'm back on track.

Out of respect for the OP I'll send you a PM.
Old 09-30-2010, 02:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Here we go again....
Old 10-14-2010, 02:19 PM

Mercedes C63
My friend here in Sweden has Techtec tune in his C63.
I droved it a coupe of days ago. Really strong