C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C63 Performance Pack vs. BMW M3 Competition Pack? Meal of choice!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-30-2010, 10:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLS 63 AMG(My car) / MB C300 4matic AMG (Wife`s CAR)
Question C63 Performance Pack vs. BMW M3 Competition Pack? Meal of choice!

Gentlemen С63 owners tell me how to solve the dilemma and yet not make a mistake when choosing a car!

In my opinion, with the M3 (rumored):
- Better balance;
- Engine technology from F1 box DCT (robot faster and more accurate);
- Charisma M / / / works!

In favor of С63:
-Engine engineers from AMG (in my opinion not better not worse, just different);
- Аwesome torque 600Nm;
-С63-I like both externally and internally more M3;
-More versatile (year-round use).

About driver:
Experience 7 years, had never before been so powerful rear-wheel drive cars, ride in the main more or less easy!

Many thanks for all the thoughts and opinions! Greetings from Russia!

Update: I visited some doubts about the adequacy of the engine cooling AMG, as well as the ability of staff to cope with an active brake riding? The owners, write your thoughts about this experience, please!

Last edited by Optitron; 10-01-2010 at 04:09 AM.
Old 09-30-2010, 10:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'09 C63 AMG
You forgot TORQUE...the C63 AMG's got loads of it throughout the powerband while the M3 just doesn't...period.
Old 09-30-2010, 10:42 AM

Originally Posted by sflgator
You forgot TORQUE...the C63 AMG's got loads of it throughout the powerband while the M3 just doesn't...period.
Yes, I agree 600Nm and and a sufficiently large period of his work - it certainly should not be forgotten, while the M3 at the bottom (up to 4500 rpm), flabby!

P.s. One more plus to the C63!
Old 09-30-2010, 10:47 AM

I also read that the active riding in С63 starts to warm the oil and coolant, as this engine has very little space and radiators to ensure sufficient cooling.

Have any of the owners of this face?
Old 09-30-2010, 10:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 516 Likes on 432 Posts
07 E63 AMG, 10 C63 AMG, 07 E63 Designo, 07 E350, 09 C300, 07 C230
Their are pros and cons for both cars. Overall the M3 is better balanced for the road and track, it handles better on twisty roads. The DCT is a better transmission as far as technology goes, but the AMG transmission is no slouch either. The AMG will kill a M3 all day in a straight line, it accellerates faster and harder, and the exhaust note is heavenly. The M3 will have a faster lap time on the track, due to it's different suspension geometry and handling. The AMG tends to roll on the corner, causing you to over correct it's understeer issues. And that means a slower lap times. The AMG is a handful, and a brutal beast. Alot of fun to drive at the limit, serious drifter car, you can easily hang the tail out. They are both great cars, the M3 tends to be overly laden with technology. The AMG definitely has a hp and torque advantage. As where the AMG, start it up and go. No owners manual needed. I love my car.
Old 09-30-2010, 11:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

08 S65, 06 M3 CS(stick), 02 BMW X5 4.6iS, 07 R1 Raven, 08 F-450 4x4, 08 CooperS JCW
Originally Posted by Yuille36
Their are pros and cons for both cars. Overall the M3 is better balanced for the road and track, it handles better on twisty roads. The DCT is a better transmission as far as technology goes, but the AMG transmission is no slouch either. The AMG will kill a M3 all day in a straight line, it accellerates faster and harder, and the exhaust note is heavenly. The M3 will have a faster lap time on the track, due to it's different suspension geometry and handling. The AMG tends to roll on the corner, causing you to over correct it's understeer issues. And that means a slower lap times. The AMG is a handful, and a brutal beast. Alot of fun to drive at the limit, serious drifter car, you can easily hang the tail out. They are both great cars, the M3 tends to be overly laden with technology. The AMG definitely has a hp and torque advantage. As where the AMG, start it up and go. No owners manual needed. I love my car.

There's your answer above...may as well shut the thread before the inevitable "ha M3, the C63 will kill a 458" brigade arrives...plenty of other info available on often-asked questions like this using the search function
Old 09-30-2010, 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by Yuille36

Thanks for the tip, I think about myself on these cars! Inquiring owners are not particularly fond of the track and riding limit how things cooled engine at the active driving, and whether the lack of brakes?
Old 09-30-2010, 03:20 PM

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
C63
I dont know about the BMW DCT box is from F1, it has it's glitches and not as smooth as say Porsche PDK or Audi DSG.
Old 09-30-2010, 03:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C63
Think of an M3 like a household hammer that will get the job done smoothly and swiftly. Think of a C63 like a sledgehammer that will Tear down an entire wall in all of its fury.
Old 09-30-2010, 03:33 PM

Originally Posted by 1Lop2K5C
I dont know about the BMW DCT box is from F1, it has it's glitches and not as smooth as say Porsche PDK or Audi DSG.
Well, I do not know what sort of a DCT glitches, because here in Moscow, for example, goes E90 M3 in red, the owner of one of the first who set the compressor kit from ESS, now run for 35 000 km with a compressor, and power 700Hp. (pressure 0,6-0,7 PSI)! A DCT is still alive - it is not an indicator of reliability?
Old 09-30-2010, 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by _AMG_
Think of an M3 like a household hammer that will get the job done smoothly and swiftly. Think of a C63 like a sledgehammer that will Tear down an entire wall in all of its fury.
I like a sledgehammer!

P.s. Interesting comparison, but you're not a builder by chance?
Old 09-30-2010, 05:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
W210 E55 & W204 C63
Originally Posted by Optitron
Well, I do not know what sort of a DCT glitches, because here in Moscow, for example, goes E90 M3 in red, the owner of one of the first who set the compressor kit from ESS, now run for 35 000 km with a compressor, and power 700Hp. (pressure 0,6-0,7 PSI)! A DCT is still alive - it is not an indicator of reliability?
I have seen that car on dragtimes... Sick set-up, he has...

I think an RS4 would be more suitable for Moscow's climate.

Are you planning on moding your future car?
Old 09-30-2010, 05:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
02 CLK 55 AMG,09 C63 loaded with P30
You guys forgot to mention about the C63s tuning which unleashes 60whp. It becomes a different animal!
Old 09-30-2010, 06:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2009 C63, 2007 GL 450
There is one critical factor here considering where the OP lives. I assume Moscow/St.Petes? Ride quality should also be another consideration. Having spent a considerable amount of time in Russia I can tell you the road conditions can be somewhat lacking so I would not go for the PP on the 63. I would recommend you go for the standard 63 and then mod with ECU tune to get the extra HP and do other upgrades afterwards. Upgrade the rims for sure as OEM rims will not last more than 2-3 years on Russian roads with combination of salt/potholes etc.
That been said, once you get the car, take her for a full-out run from on the access road to Sheremetyevo from the ring-road (minus the militia or you could simply get a blue light and put on your roof)and you will be amazed with the car's performance.
Old 09-30-2010, 06:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63
Originally Posted by Optitron
I like a sledgehammer!

P.s. Interesting comparison, but you're not a builder by chance?
lol no, just a fabricator.
Old 09-30-2010, 08:53 PM

99C43 05C55 06slk55
Old 09-30-2010, 09:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
W210 E55 & W204 C63
Originally Posted by harrower
the access road to Sheremetyevo from the ring-road
Leningradka and MKAD

There are plenty of good highways in Moscow, the smaller roads are the ones that sometimes suck. The country-side, however, is hell for performance cars...

"There will always be plenty of fools and bad roads in Russia" - Nikolai Gogol.
Old 09-30-2010, 11:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 AMG
The power output after doing simple mods like headers or a tune indicates how much more capable/superior the C63 engine is over the M-3.
My summary is that the cars are differents and offer highs and lows. To me stuff like engine sound and torque tilts the scales in favor of the C63.
People talk too much about the M-3 but just grab this month Road and Track or Cra and Driver, the 2011 Mustang GT spanked the M-3 IN EVERY ASPECT
Old 09-30-2010, 11:31 PM

Originally Posted by kindafast
I have seen that car on dragtimes... Sick set-up, he has...

I think an RS4 would be more suitable for Moscow's climate.

Are you planning on moding your future car?
I tried the RS-4, but I did not like it, to the same - it's Audi (VAG), and they have my last 3 cars! (Tired)

ps Of course I will modify, ECU so exactly, but first driveway some time on the factory settings (six months or a year) to get used to a powerful rear-wheel drive at least!

Originally Posted by Jons95c36amg
You guys forgot to mention about the C63s tuning which unleashes 60whp. It becomes a different animal!
I like wild animals!

Originally Posted by harrower
There is one critical factor here considering where the OP lives. I assume Moscow/St.Petes? Ride quality should also be another consideration. Having spent a considerable amount of time in Russia I can tell you the road conditions can be somewhat lacking so I would not go for the PP on the 63. I would recommend you go for the standard 63 and then mod with ECU tune to get the extra HP and do other upgrades afterwards. Upgrade the rims for sure as OEM rims will not last more than 2-3 years on Russian roads with combination of salt/potholes etc.
That been said, once you get the car, take her for a full-out run from on the access road to Sheremetyevo from the ring-road (minus the militia or you could simply get a blue light and put on your roof)and you will be amazed with the car's performance.
As far as I know at P31 were removed furious suspension of Performance were only increased the power, brakes, steering, limited slip differential, so that with suspension problems, I just do not see in Moscow (on the car is not planned to leave the city limits, can only Nuerburg- ring)!
Old 09-30-2010, 11:34 PM

Originally Posted by C63newdude
The power output after doing simple mods like headers or a tune indicates how much more capable/superior the C63 engine is over the M-3.
My summary is that the cars are differents and offer highs and lows. To me stuff like engine sound and torque tilts the scales in favor of the C63.
People talk too much about the M-3 but just grab this month Road and Track or Car and Driver, the 2011 Mustang GT spanked the M-3 IN EVERY ASPECT
Give me the LINK, please!
Old 10-01-2010, 01:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG
ESS SUPERCHARGER!
Old 10-01-2010, 02:48 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
a quarter mile at a time
Originally Posted by C63newdude
People talk too much about the M-3 but just grab this month Road and Track or Cra and Driver, the 2011 Mustang GT spanked the M-3 IN EVERY ASPECT
exagerating the truth a little aren't you?

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...son/index.html
Old 10-01-2010, 04:05 AM

Originally Posted by BoBcanada
ESS SUPERCHARGER!
Unfortunately only the BMW ... imagine what would happen if such a compressor inflated 6208сm3 from AMG!
Old 10-01-2010, 04:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'15 E63S wagon
Indeed.

Another way to look at it...

The M3 is the samurai sword to the C63's butcher knife.

Both are wonderful cars with 2 distinctly different personalities. Drive both and you'll know which one fits you.
Old 10-01-2010, 04:19 AM

Originally Posted by VCA_AMG
Drive both and you'll know which one fits you.
There is a little problem, because in Moscow we have not test-drive on C63, avaliable only M3, of course I drove M3 once(about one hour), and to be honest, I was in a good way and was struck by the work of DCT in a bad sense of surprise stiffness by 19 wheels!

Last edited by Optitron; 10-01-2010 at 04:22 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: C63 Performance Pack vs. BMW M3 Competition Pack? Meal of choice!