Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dads C63 goes 10.987 at OSW FINALLY!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-14-2010, 04:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63 AMG
Not surprising that you're in the 10's, it was only a matter of time.

But that 60'....GEEZ!!!! Crazy!

Congrats!!!
Old 10-14-2010, 08:38 AM

STS, Tahoe, Suzuki, and C63
Originally Posted by Klinh
I'm not impressed if the pass were with nitrous.
NOT IMPRESSED???????????? What is your car running???? A 10 sec car is a 10 sec car.
Anytime you're in Orlando, call us up, we'll gladly meet up and "compare" cars.

I guess we can't impress everyone, but guess what..... WE ARE IMPRESSED, so I guess everyone is entitled to their own impression factor.
All Keith does is continue to push the envelope on both mech. and cosmetic fronts, but you're right. "NOT IMPRESSIVE".

Once again, not going to have a verbal forum based dispute over right and wrong or impressive or not impressive, but big CONGRATS to Keith and his BEAST.

Last edited by benscott01; 10-14-2010 at 08:46 AM.
Old 10-14-2010, 10:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2013 f250 6.7 diesel
Nice! Mir anyone
Old 10-14-2010, 10:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
2014 Audi RS7
Not a good video but all I got. It is the 10.987 run but its an I-phone video. We were up against a 10.02 second big block Vega. Gave him a run for his money. Rather funny!!

You can get an idea how she hooks up and goes!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMWiRafzbwI

Guys, we had a blast and thank you for the kind words. It was great to spend time with Dave.
I am looking forward to MIR but we still have tranny issues to work out.
We have GOBS and GOBS of power so I dion't need pointers on how to make power or where to place the nitrous jets.

The new converter was obviously working if we were running 1.5 and 1.6 60's all night. The challenge was getting the tranny to shift under nitrous load. Ended up ramping it out at 5800rpms and you still heard it tap the rev limiter on the 2-3 shift. The change in rpm at the end of the run is not the tranny slipping. Thats the nitrous ramping out at 5800rpms which is only a fraction of a second in fourth gear. Most of the pass in on motor and you can tell that by the MPH.
Hopefully we can get this all figured out soon or just put a TH400 in this dog and go hunting again. LOL

Last edited by Dads C63; 10-14-2010 at 10:36 AM.
Old 10-14-2010, 10:36 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
Congrats Keith!!! I bet you were stoked to see that 10s timeslip! Keep up the good work and keep pushing the envelope, I know you've got quicker times left in it
Old 10-14-2010, 11:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by C63newdude
I wouldn't say that his ride is the envy of everyone, certainly not for me. Dad's 63 is a C63 owner determine to achieve a lot of things with his car, it clearly shows that he has a passion for making his car fast.
+1. As I understand it, Keith is a very good guy and I give him props and respect for doing what he does with his car. However, let's be real here...his car is a "PROJECT TRACK CAR."

Yea, yea, it can be driven like a "daily driver" be seriously folks...anyone who mods their car like he does, going to the extremes, pushing the envelope so to speak does not intend on using their car everyday for work, run to the store for groceries, carting around the kids, etc. So, now he's got a 160-shot of nitrous...that's great but many will say adding NOS is not exactly "fair" or comparing "apples to apples." And, now what...a new torque converter for better launches and 1.5-1.6sec. 60ft. times...awesome but again, if you replace and/or add so many parts to the car, it loses its original identity and becomes nothing more than a dedicated "project" track car (with a Mercedes-Benz badge).

Personally, if my goal was to have a 10-sec. car, I would just get a Nissan GT-R, add the Cobb AccessPort ecu flash tune and DPs and be done with it...but that's just me and everyone's different. My friend, "SleepDoc" runs 10.4 sec. @ 132mph with minimal mods to his GT-R; no nitrous, no crazy mods...a tune, DPs, exhaust...that's it! Having said all of that, congrats Keith on your 10-sec. car.

I've said this before and again, I do have the utmost respect for Keith and what he does, but honestly you have to see it for what it is. Just my $0.02 and benscott01, I don't need to hear your defense or any hands-in-the-air argument b/c we all know Keith is your boss and great friend. Thank you. Peace out!
Old 10-14-2010, 11:29 AM

09 C63
Originally Posted by _AMG_
Wow that is fast!!! What surprises me even more is your 60-130 time. 6.7 is incredibly fast.
3.9 is fast
http://www.nagtroc.org/forums/index....=post&id=27070

awesome getting a 4 door sedan going that fast though.
looks like everyone has traction issues even the gtr's
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jeep0...layer_embedded
Old 10-14-2010, 12:15 PM

STS, Tahoe, Suzuki, and C63
Originally Posted by sflgator
+1. As I understand it, Keith is a very good guy and I give him props and respect for doing what he does with his car. However, let's be real here...his car is a "PROJECT TRACK CAR."

Yea, yea, it can be driven like a "daily driver" be seriously folks...anyone who mods their car like he does, going to the extremes, pushing the envelope so to speak does not intend on using their car everyday for work, run to the store for groceries, carting around the kids, etc. So, now he's got a 160-shot of nitrous...that's great but many will say adding NOS is not exactly "fair" or comparing "apples to apples." And, now what...a new torque converter for better launches and 1.5-1.6sec. 60ft. times...awesome but again, if you replace and/or add so many parts to the car, it loses its original identity and becomes nothing more than a dedicated "project" track car (with a Mercedes-Benz badge).

Personally, if my goal was to have a 10-sec. car, I would just get a Nissan GT-R, add the Cobb AccessPort ecu flash tune and DPs and be done with it...but that's just me and everyone's different. My friend, "SleepDoc" runs 10.4 sec. @ 132mph with minimal mods to his GT-R; no nitrous, no crazy mods...a tune, DPs, exhaust...that's it! Having said all of that, congrats Keith on your 10-sec. car.

I've said this before and again, I do have the utmost respect for Keith and what he does, but honestly you have to see it for what it is. Just my $0.02 and benscott01, I don't need to hear your defense or any hands-in-the-air argument b/c we all know Keith is your boss and great friend. Thank you. Peace out!
Ok, well guess what, you get it anyways.

Keith being my boss and friend has nothing to do with his car. I'm not going to agrue the mods, but for you to say the car is not a reliable DD, is just stupid. None of the mods have made the car any less of a daily driver. In fact, we both still cart our kids around in the car on a daily basis, and drive the car pretty regularly. The car now has 26,xxx miles on it, and only goes to the track on a trailer, because we can. Anyone else would has the capablities would do the same thing.

If he was just wanting a 10 sec car, you're right, he just buy a Viper or GTR or something, but that's never been what it's been about. If you had the slightest clue as to Keith's passion for the sport and taking something that has not been done yet, and getting it done, you'd have a different view.

And as for it lossing it's identity.... what part of making a car go faster (in this case), while still using a factory drivetrain, makes it lose identity? For you to say, because we've changed some parts, and now it's just a badge sounds a little off. Considering most on this thread have changed many parts as well (tunes, headers, exhaust, wheels, hoods, trunks, etc....) so what makes us any different? You yourself have:

2009 RENNtech stage II MB C63 AMG | CF AMG Shifter | Charcoal Filter Delete | BMC Air Filters | High-Flow 2nd Cats | Clear Side Markers

So does make yours no longer a mercedes??????
Doesn't matter, and I'm not going to continue this agruement. You keep comparing apples to oranges, and we'll keep setting records.

Good luck to everyone with their own mods, and be safe.

Peace out!!!!!
Old 10-14-2010, 12:29 PM

E63
Originally Posted by Klinh
I'm not impressed if the pass were with nitrous.
And your CLK runs? Well it doesn't run 10s, so back to the bench with you.
Old 10-14-2010, 12:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C63
Originally Posted by Savoy6
3.9 is fast
http://www.nagtroc.org/forums/index....=post&id=27070

awesome getting a 4 door sedan going that fast though.
looks like everyone has traction issues even the gtr's
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jeep0...layer_embedded
THAT....IS....FFFAAASSSTTT!!!!
No surprise that the GTR has the capability of going that fast.
3.9 secs 60-130 is truly mind boggling.

Last edited by _AMG_; 10-14-2010 at 12:38 PM.
Old 10-14-2010, 12:37 PM

E63

Did anyone ask what your ultimate 10 second car would be? No. So thanks for answering a question no one asked. Second, GTRs have factory twin turbos they don't need nitrous. A power adder is a power adder, run that GTR N/A and watch it go 16s. If they can run twins we can run spray.

Your mentality makes no sense at all again, mod a car and it loses its identity? So what is your car now a BMW?
Dads has already gone where you will never be. The level of dedication it takes to achieve a goal like this starting with a 4000lb 4 door is insane and something you will never understand which is why you're happy with mediocrity.
I read in another post that your getting MBH headers soon and hope to hit 11s, that's great but aren't you worried that your car will turn into a VW? What are you running now low 12s like some people have stock?

Youve never met Keith or ridden in his car, so what makes you think you can comment about how it drives back and forth to work? Posts like yours are what make the interenet what it is mostly a waste of time. Lots of great members here, but more than a few with big mouths and no experience to back it up. My advice to you is to shut your mouth and run your car and post your times. Dont talk crap dedicated track car blah blah blah about other peoples cars whose performance far exceed your own. Afterall after you get your headers you are only a catback, stall converter and ported heads away from having your own dedicated project track car LOL.

Since youre in FL drag yourself out to a track like Dads does all the time and race him, then after getting destroyed ask him to let you drive the car on the return road so you can see for yourself how stupid the dedicated track comments are. He has 26,000 miles on his car, you think they were all put on 1/4 or 1 mile at a time? If there was a common sense pill, you would be prescribed it.

Last edited by RStevens63; 10-14-2010 at 12:40 PM.
Old 10-14-2010, 12:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by benscott01

Keith being my boss and friend has nothing to do with his car. I'm not going to agrue the mods, but for you to say the car is not a reliable DD, is just stupid. None of the mods have made the car any less of a daily driver. In fact, we both still cart our kids around in the car on a daily basis, and drive the car pretty regularly. The car now has 26,xxx miles on it, and only goes to the track on a trailer, because we can. Anyone else would has the capablities would do the same thing.

If he was just wanting a 10 sec car, you're right, he just buy a Viper or GTR or something, but that's never been what it's been about. If you had the slightest clue as to Keith's passion for the sport and taking something that has not been done yet, and getting it done, you'd have a different view.

And as for it lossing it's identity.... what part of making a car go faster (in this case), while still using a factory drivetrain, makes it lose identity? For you to say, because we've changed some parts, and now it's just a badge sounds a little off. Considering most on this thread have changed many parts as well (tunes, headers, exhaust, wheels, hoods, trunks, etc....) so what makes us any different? You yourself have:

2009 RENNtech stage II MB C63 AMG | CF AMG Shifter | Charcoal Filter Delete | BMC Air Filters | High-Flow 2nd Cats | Clear Side Markers

Doesn't matter, and I'm not going to continue this agruement. You keep comparing apples to oranges, and we'll keep setting records.

Peace out!!!!!
My mods don't even compare to:

a 160-shot of Nitrous,
Upgraded Torque Converter,
Ported Heads,
Full catless exhaust,
Removal of seats and/or other weight reducing mods?

My ecu flash tune as you know just basically brings the 63 AMG engine up to where the other 63 AMG engines are in terms of HP/TQ. The most major thing I'm doing (today actually ) is adding the MBH headers...and then my modding my daily-driver C63 AMG is complete.

Once again, your argument is a moot one, since you guys do whatever it takes to make his car go faster at the track; that's fine, but please don't sit here and argue that his car is a "normal" C63 AMG...it's not.

Aesthetic mods are just that...for looks and for individuality; we're not talking about replacing or upgrading parts that change the very dynamic of how the car behaves, drives, or sounds. And, yes, many ppl will argue that adding NOS (and not just a 75-shot or 100-shot, but now a 160-shot...geez!) is now putting it into a new category altogether...you simply cannot compare unaltered N/A cars with those that have either an aftermarket F/I or Nitrous system. Heck, you could put a nitrous system on w/ major mods on a Honda Civic and make it run the 1/4 mi. in 10.x seconds.

It's wonderful that you guys are "setting records" as you say, but for many ppl like me, I'm more impressed with 10-sec. cars like a tuned Nissan GT-R that do NOT need to use Nitrous or upgraded turbos to get there.

Last edited by sflgator; 10-14-2010 at 12:42 PM.
Old 10-14-2010, 12:51 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2021 Taycan Turbo, 2018 Radical SR3, 2021 Lincoln Aviator
Congrats on breaking into the 10s, hard work is paying off!
Old 10-14-2010, 12:53 PM

E63
My mods don't even compare to:

a 160-shot of Nitrous,
Upgraded Torque Converter,
Removal of seats and/or other weight reducing mods?

Torque converters have been used for decades in cars with automatic trannys, they are relatively inexpensive and highly effective. I'm considering ordering one myself now. If you think a TC is a big mod that just highlights how little you know about cars.

160 shot of nitrous big? You know guys with Ford/Chevy crap motors run 150-250 shots all the time and they are not built like our motors.

Dads car has a cage which weighs 60lbs or so, the front pass seat (when removed) takes 50lbs with it, so he is simply balancing the weight gain from the cage (not quite) by removing a seat. Get over it.

My ecu flash tune as you know just basically brings the 63 AMG engine up to where the other 63 AMG engines are in terms of HP/TQ. The most major thing I'm doing (today actually ) is adding the MBH headers...and then my modding my daily-driver C63 AMG is complete.

Is this your first performance oriented car? Everyone says that this mod is their last until they get used to it. Fact is you call Dads car dedicated track car because he's modded it, well so have you, Fact. Hello pot meet kettle.

Once again, your argument is a moot one, since you guys do whatever it takes to make his car go faster at the track; that's fine, but please don't sit here and argue that his car is a "normal" C63 AMG...it's not.
They didn't shove a LS7 in it, it's still using 100% factory driveline parts. No it's not a normal C63 I would call a normal car a stock C63 and they are no fun to drive by comparison. Just because you cant do what hes doing doesn't mean you have to be a jealous whiner.

Aesthetic mods are just that...for looks and for individuality; we're not talking about replacing or upgrading parts that change the very dynamic of how the car behaves, drives, or sounds. And, yes, many ppl will argue that adding NOS (and not just a 75-shot or 100-shot, but now a 160-shot...geez!) is now putting it into a new category altogether...you simply cannot compare unaltered N/A cars with those that have either an aftermarket F/I or Nitrous system. Heck, you could put a nitrous system on w/ major mods on a Honda Civic and make it run the 1/4 mi. in 10.x seconds.
Power adder is a power adder. 160 shot is nothing, if you think its more than that it just shows how little you know. How many HP you think the turbos on your friends GTR add? More than the motor makes so again get over it this is a sad excuse for an argument. Your car is slow you know you cant compete so you sit behind a keyboard and talk crap. Typical. Go to the track and meet up with Dads then come home and write your apology.

It's wonderful that you guys are "setting records" as you say, but for many ppl like me, I'm more impressed with 10-sec. cars like a tuned Nissan GT-R that do NOT need to use Nitrous or upgraded turbos to get there.
[/SIZE]
Just so you know Dads has 0-60, 0-100, 60-130, 1/4 mile, 1/8 mile, and standing mile records all official. Go buy a nissan 2 door sports car if you love them so much at least people on this forum wont have to read your crap. How can you not wrap your head around the fact GTRs come with turbos, hello, anyone home? I dont think so.

Anyway none of your posts make any sense other than making it clear you love GTRs. So go buy one and infect that forum with your knowledge.
Old 10-14-2010, 12:55 PM

2009 C63 Capri Blue
I'm more impressed with 10-sec. cars like a tuned Nissan GT-R
Then why don't you go spend more time in a GT-R forum where someone might give a **** what you think about a Nissan. Dozens of "tuned" FI cars would destroy the GT-R in the 1/4, including a $10k Mustang.
Old 10-14-2010, 12:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by RStevens63
Did anyone ask what your ultimate 10 second car would be? No. So thanks for answering a question no one asked. Second, GTRs have factory twin turbos they don't need nitrous. A power adder is a power adder, run that GTR N/A and watch it go 16s. If they can run twins we can run spray.

Your mentality makes no sense at all again, mod a car and it loses its identity? So what is your car now a BMW?
Dads has already gone where you will never be. The level of dedication it takes to achieve a goal like this starting with a 4000lb 4 door is insane and something you will never understand which is why you're happy with mediocrity.
I read in another post that your getting MBH headers soon and hope to hit 11s, that's great but aren't you worried that your car will turn into a VW? What are you running now low 12s like some people have stock?

Youve never met Keith or ridden in his car, so what makes you think you can comment about how it drives back and forth to work? Posts like yours are what make the interenet what it is mostly a waste of time. Lots of great members here, but more than a few with big mouths and no experience to back it up. My advice to you is to shut your mouth and run your car and post your times. Dont talk crap dedicated track car blah blah blah about other peoples cars whose performance far exceed your own. Afterall after you get your headers you are only a catback, stall converter and ported heads away from having your own dedicated project track car LOL.

Since youre in FL drag yourself out to a track like Dads does all the time and race him, then after getting destroyed ask him to let you drive the car on the return road so you can see for yourself how stupid the dedicated track comments are. He has 26,000 miles on his car, you think they were all put on 1/4 or 1 mile at a time? If there was a common sense pill, you would be prescribed it.
I've run before and posted my times. Yes, I would like to run 11's and will be very happy with that. Personally, I feel my car is quite fast as it is, but I've always wanted to do headers and I think my C63 AMG is an excellent car to add them to (apparently some decent gains to be had). I simply want to make my car a bit faster and sound better; I am very happy stopping with the MBH headers. I drive my C63 AMG approx. 2,000-2,500 mi. per month for my career, and I would not be able to do my job without it; unlike Keith, I do not have another car to use should it spend days in the shop.

Am I interested in building a dedicated project track car to break records? No, but I respect those that are; just trying to point out the differences between most of us who like to mod our cars to make them a bit faster and those that go above and beyond to push the envelope with the goal of "setting records."

My recent divorce has put things into perspective (my kids come first, me second, and my ex last, lol! ) as far as what really matters and from a financial standpoint, I also know it also takes A LOT of money to do what Keith does (which many of us simply do not have that kind of discretionary income to use and even if we did, there may be many more important things to use that money on).

I believe even with aftermarket DPs and an ecu flash, my car retains its identity (but I will always admit that I'm tuned/modded to those I run against), but the question is 'at what point in modifying a car does it in fact lose its true identity?' I suppose everyone has their own answer b/c it's a matter of perspective, and of course my opinion may vary from yours.
Old 10-14-2010, 12:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by RStevens63
Torque converters have been used for decades in cars with automatic trannys, they are relatively inexpensive and highly effective. I'm considering ordering one myself now. If you think a TC is a big mod that just highlights how little you know about cars.

160 shot of nitrous big? You know guys with Ford/Chevy crap motors run 150-250 shots all the time and they are not built like our motors.

Dads car has a cage which weighs 60lbs or so, the front pass seat (when removed) takes 50lbs with it, so he is simply balancing the weight gain from the cage (not quite) by removing a seat. Get over it.

Is this your first performance oriented car? Everyone says that this mod is their last until they get used to it. Fact is you call Dads car dedicated track car because he's modded it, well so have you, Fact. Hello pot meet kettle.

They didn't shove a LS7 in it, it's still using 100% factory driveline parts. No it's not a normal C63 I would call a normal car a stock C63 and they are no fun to drive by comparison. Just because you cant do what hes doing doesn't mean you have to be a jealous whiner.

Power adder is a power adder. 160 shot is nothing, if you think its more than that it just shows how little you know. How many HP you think the turbos on your friends GTR add? More than the motor makes so again get over it this is a sad excuse for an argument. Your car is slow you know you cant compete so you sit behind a keyboard and talk crap. Typical. Go to the track and meet up with Dads then come home and write your apology.

Just so you know Dads has 0-60, 0-100, 60-130, 1/4 mile, 1/8 mile, and standing mile records all official. Go buy a nissan 2 door sports car if you love them so much at least people on this forum wont have to read your crap. How can you not wrap your head around the fact GTRs come with turbos, hello, anyone home? I dont think so.

Anyway none of your posts make any sense other than making it clear you love GTRs. So go buy one and infect that forum with your knowledge.
Geez...is Keith YOUR boss too? OMG...you people are absolutely FANATICAL. Like, God forbid if someone doesn't sit on YOUR side of the fence; geez, are you part of the Gestapo or something? Can you not see someone else' perspective? Seriously, man, give it a rest!

btw - love how you and a couple others here are so "anti-Nissan GT-R" when there are many MBW members who have both the C63 AMG (or other AMG) AND a Nissan GT-R! Have some respect for what Nissan did instead of being a HATE-MONGER!

Last edited by sflgator; 10-14-2010 at 01:06 PM.
Old 10-14-2010, 01:02 PM

E63
[QUOTE=sflgator;4299062]I've run before and posted my times.[quote]

I've never seen them can you repost or link please, thanks.

Yes, I would like to run 11's and will be very happy with that. Personally, I feel my car is quite fast as it is, but I've always wanted to do headers and I think my C63 AMG is an excellent car to add them to (apparently some decent gains to be had). I simply want to make my car a bit faster and sound better; I am very happy stopping with the MBH headers. I drive my C63 AMG approx. 2,000-2,500 mi. per month for my career, and I would not be able to do my job without it; unlike Keith, I do not have another car to use should it spend days in the shop.
Wouldn't you rather run 11s with just a tune? The more mods you do the less MB it becomes right?

Am I interested in building a dedicated project track car to break records? No, but I respect those that are; just trying to point out the differences between most of us who like to mod our cars to make them a bit faster and those that go above and beyond to push the envelope with the goal of "setting records."
He drives it to work, why do you keep insisting something you know nothing about? Do you watch and follow Dads drive to work?

My recent divorce has put things into perspective (my kids come first, me second, and my ex last, lol! ) as far as what really matters and from a financial standpoint, I also know it also takes A LOT of money to do what Keith does (which many of us simply do not have that kind of discretionary income to use and even if we did, there may be many more important things to use that money on).
Sorry to hear that and agreed family comes first, as it does for Dads. Still Keith has spent less than many tuners full packages so far (Brabus, Renntech, MKB, Vath) and $ is relevant only to the person spending so there's not much of an argument there either.

I believe even with aftermarket DPs and an ecu flash, my car retains its identity (but I will always admit that I'm tuned/modded to those I run against), but the question is 'at what point in modifying a car does it in fact lose its true identity?' I suppose everyone has their own answer b/c it's a matter of perspective, and of course my opinion may vary from yours.
My friend you are getting headers, not downpipes big difference.

The problem here is that no one else is telling you you have a dedicated track car, you are forcing your opinion on others that simply do not agree because its clearly not that kind of car. Go see the car in person then make those comments at least then they will be somewhat justified. Until then you are doing the same thing (Dads started with MKB tuning and headers then swtiched to MPH), maybe you will never spray yours but you are still modding it and changing its identity from stock. Heck I want nothing to do with a stock car of any kind, the factory and I dont see eye to eye when it comes to performance
Old 10-14-2010, 01:12 PM

E63
Geez...is Keith YOUR boss too? OMG...you people are absolutely FANATICAL. Like, God forbid if someone doesn't sit on YOUR side of the fence; geez, are you part of the Gestapo or something? Can you not see someone else' perspective? Seriously, man, give it a rest!

btw - love how you and a couple others here are so "anti-Nissan GT-R" when there are many MBW members who have bith the C63 AMG (or other AMG) AND a Nissan GT-R! Have some respect for what Nissan did instead of being a HATE-MONGER!
I dont hate GTRs they are awesome 2 door sports cars, not 4 door sedans. however if you love them so much and you post about them all the time (read your posts) then just buy one--no one asked about your 10 second dream car or how you'd mod it. Like it or not this is not a GTR forum, so that will make everyone happier. I'm simply pointing out the errors in your judgement thinking that a factory TT car is comparable to a N/A one. No they are not. Adding nitrous to a N/A motor makes it a fair comparison actually since both turbos and nitrous are power adders. Get it?

I'm considering what you have to say, it just doesn't make any sense factually. You dont like modding because it causes your car to lose its identity, well, you're doing it too so your a hypocrite. I expect you to chastise yourself when you post track results from your own car after installing headers. Well my MB turned into a BMW but I ran 11s...Come on, you aren't going to post that so why are you attempting to put dads accomplishments down. Yes a Honda can run 10s (with turbos) and beat most GTRs, does that mean you want one?

I actually find your posts to be more of the gestapo kind. Posting propaganda (dedicated track car) without ever once seeing the car idle or run in person. You are assuming nothing less nothing more. YOu know nothing for a fact other than what your own personal skewed opinion on whats ok to mod or not. You are within 3 mods of Keiths car N/A therefore your logic makes no sense at all. maybe we should all check in with you before purchasing parts, just to make sure we wont be driving a S2000 from F&F after install.
Old 10-14-2010, 01:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2012 CTS-V
Originally Posted by Dads C63
Long night but we finally got the 10 second slip!!

60' - 1.622
330 - 4.622
1/8th - 7.096 @ 98.80mph
1000' - 9.204
1/4 - 10.987 @ 123.86mph

Don't ask about the MPH.
I'll take the 10 second slip no matter how we got it.

Made seven passes. Three were 11.1xx passes.
Best 60' was 1.575!!
Best MPH was 125.46 (same pass)

Lots more there with more tuning on the nitrous.
Thanks Ben for all your help!
It was great to meet Dave Harrower tonight, great guy!!
Wow!

Congrats on your 10 second pass.

Did you make a run without any nitrous? Obviously, the torque
converter contributed immensely. Your 60' time is insane.

And I was happy because I ran 12.10 @ 116.31 last night at
Englishtown. You must be ecstatic.

Great job!
Old 10-14-2010, 02:06 PM

no more AMG
Wow, all he did was post his 1/4 mile time and haters still chime in

Congrats on making your C63 a 10 second car!
Old 10-14-2010, 02:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
2014 Audi RS7

First of all congrats to PetroC55 for his new personal best!! Its awesome when those things come around!!

sflgator - Let me be very simple and short as I can.
When I bought the C63 it wasn't for racing. It was a four door (I have kids and a family) and it had more room than the A5 I had at that time.
To be honest, the car enticed me to go where we are today. We took it to the track because we were racing and testing a nitrous system on a 2008 Viper that was running 10's.
The little "C" ran low 12's bone stock and we were all shocked and impressed as many of us are. I bought the only aftermarket product available at the time and that was the MKB package. It came with shorty headers and a tune. Just that alone put the car into the 11's and once again we were shocked and impressed because it was a beautiful DD running 11's.

Then MHP came out with their LTH's and tune and it was a simple swap so I sold the MKB products and installed the MHP parts. It was a simple swap and thats all we did and suddenly we were running mid 11's or better. Then you know what happens you get the itch to go faster.

I wanted after market wheels anyway so I bought HRE's and had them make a pair of skinnies for the front to match to use for drag racing. No big deal, just taking a few tenths off the time and it was fun. I met HHughes1 and many others at the local car shows which created new great friends and then started talking to them about mods and little things to make the car go faster. I liked the C/F hood and roof and since both of them made the car lighter I went that route never intending to build a dedicated track car. I bought the DTM bumper because I liked the way it looked. It just happened to be 9# lighter. It was still being driven daily to work, grocery store, and out on dates.

Then heads became available and MHP wanted someone to test them so I agreed and thats how that happened. I bought them and they gained some HP. Still AMG heads, just ported with stock valves etc... Anyone can purchase the intake gaskets and thermostat and I recommend them because they help with heat for daily driving in Florida and we both do. Also the air filters need to be replaced so I chose after market, no biggie.

With just the few above mods the car ran the 11.24 in PBIR and was still my daily driver.

We had the cage built because some tracks are very strict and won't let you run under 11.49 without it. Its a bolt in design so it stays out most of the time and is out now. Still a beautiful DD with extra safety features.

We just added the new torque converter last week because the stock isn't stong enough to support the nitrous and the stall is only 2600 and tight just like the stock (The stock stall is 2400). You can't even tell its in there. The nitous helped the 60' more than anything else.

I take the wife out on dates with it still to this date. (as of last week) The best part about this car is that fact. We can remove the cage, exchange the exhaust, and put the car back to the same condition yours will soon be in, in about an hour. Sedate, daily driver that serves the family well.

The nitrous takes up the trunk but we made the "ambilical cord" switch package so there is no drilling or tampering with the interior of the car. You only know it has nitrous if you open the trunk. You may call the nitrous extreme also but this motor loves nitrous and done properly isn't dangerous. We took our time and put together the most comprehensive set up we could to ensure its safe use. If you rode in it you would sign up, trust me. Maybe not, LOL.

Just so you know, its not a dedicated track car and has never been intended for that. Its a beautiful, great, dependable daily driver and yours can easily go where mine is in the blink of an eye. It may seem extreme but it really isn't. You can get there before you know it.

I have shared all the struggles and achievements with everyone to learn from and to help them go fast also. Be careful, you may be the next. The car really is a marvel. Next time you guys have a car show down south I'll drive it down in the "stealth" mode and take you for a ride if you want. LOL
BTW, we've had a BLAST doing all this!! Just like you will soon. HA! HA!
Thanks for the kudo's and be safe!!

Last edited by Dads C63; 10-14-2010 at 02:10 PM.
Old 10-14-2010, 02:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by Dads C63
First of all congrats to PetroC55 for his new personal best!! Its awesome when those things come around!!

sflgator - Let me be very simple and short as I can.
When I bought the C63 it wasn't for racing. It was a four door (I have kids and a family) and it had more room than the A5 I had at that time.
To be honest, the car enticed me to go where we are today. We took it to the track because we were racing and testing a nitrous system on a 2008 Viper that was running 10's.
The little "C" ran low 12's bone stock and we were all shocked and impressed as many of us are. I bought the only aftermarket product available at the time and that was the MKB package. It came with shorty headers and a tune. Just that alone put the car into the 11's and once again we were shocked and impressed because it was a beautiful DD running 11's.

Then MHP came out with their LTH's and tune and it was a simple swap so I sold the MKB products and installed the MHP parts. It was a simple swap and thats all we did and suddenly we were running mid 11's or better. Then you know what happens you get the itch to go faster.

I wanted after market wheels anyway so I bought HRE's and had them make a pair of skinnies for the front to match to use for drag racing. No big deal, just taking a few tenths off the time and it was fun. I met HHughes1 and many others at the local car shows which created new great friends and then started talking to them about mods and little things to make the car go faster. I liked the C/F hood and roof and since both of them made the car lighter I went that route never intending to build a dedicated track car. I bought the DTM bumper because I liked the way it looked. It just happened to be 9# lighter. It was still being driven daily to work, grocery store, and out on dates.

Then heads became available and MHP wanted someone to test them so I agreed and thats how that happened. I bought them and they gained some HP. Still AMG heads, just ported with stock valves etc... Anyone can purchase the intake gaskets and thermostat and I recommend them because they help with heat for daily driving in Florida and we both do. Also the air filters need to be replaced so I chose after market, no biggie.

With just the few above mods the car ran the 11.24 in PBIR and was still my daily driver.

We had the cage built because some tracks are very strict and won't let you run under 11.49 without it. Its a bolt in design so it stays out most of the time and is out now. Still a beautiful DD with extra safety features.

We just added the new torque converter last week because the stock isn't stong enough to support the nitrous and the stall is only 2600 and tight just like the stock (The stock stall is 2400). You can't even tell its in there. The nitous helped the 60' more than anything else.

I take the wife out on dates with it still to this date. (as of last week) The best part about this car is that fact. We can remove the cage, exchange the exhaust, and put the car back to the same condition yours will soon be in, in about an hour. Sedate, daily driver that serves the family well.

The nitrous takes up the trunk but we made the "ambilical cord" switch package so there is no drilling or tampering with the interior of the car. You only know it has nitrous if you open the trunk. You may call the nitrous extreme also but this motor loves nitrous and done properly isn't dangerous. We took our time and put together the most comprehensive set up we could to ensure its safe use. If you rode in it you would sign up, trust me. Maybe not, LOL.

Just so you know, its not a dedicated track car and has never been intended for that. Its a beautiful, great, dependable daily driver and yours can easily go where mine is in the blink of an eye. It may seem extreme but it really isn't. You can get there before you know it.

I have shared all the struggles and achievements with everyone to learn from and to help them go fast also. Be careful, you may be the next. The car really is a marvel. Next time you guys have a car show down south I'll drive it down in the "stealth" mode and take you for a ride if you want. LOL
BTW, we've had a BLAST doing all this!! Just like you will soon. HA! HA!
Thanks for the kudo's and be safe!!
Okay, Keith. Thanks for the detailed, non-defensive explanation and time line. Congrats and enjoy!! I only wish your cronies could learn some manners (and how to conduct non-threatening, non-defensive Internet Forum conversations) from you. Thank you!

Last edited by sflgator; 10-14-2010 at 02:20 PM.
Old 10-14-2010, 02:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
Originally Posted by benscott01

Peace out!!!!!

Defensive much? You are acting like your sleeping together. Relax, everyone gets an opinion and you don't have to disagree with EVERYONE who doesn't agree with yours.

Great pass Dads!! Keep up the good work!
Old 10-14-2010, 02:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig

btw - love how you and a couple others here are so "anti-Nissan GT-R" when there are many MBW members who have both the C63 AMG (or other AMG) AND a Nissan GT-R! Have some respect for what Nissan did instead of being a HATE-MONGER!
+1

So many bit%$#es on this forum lately. You are not allowed to have your own opinion apparently.

Dads C63 is great. Its a track car though. It has lost its C63 street character and has been put over the top with mods. Roll cage alone and removal of seats.

In my opinion I would have started with a Vette and used 1/2 the money he put into his C63 and be putting down 9's on the track. But its not my money its his and the vette isn't a MB or an AMG so I dig why he is doing it.

How about let Dad's defend himself if he wants to and stop being little cheerleaders for him?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Dads C63 goes 10.987 at OSW FINALLY!!