blacking out wheels + more... questions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-13-2010, 10:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
'10 C63
Question blacking out wheels + more... questions

so, i'm in the process of blacking out my wheels and i've run into a few questions...

sending the wheels off to get powder coated was the easy part... then i realized that i need black bolts as well... i solved that by getting a set of black covers...

now i ran into 2 more problems... the center cap which has the chrome mercedes star on a black background... and then there was the valve stem... i didn't even think about these...

i figure there isn't an easy way to take the center caps off without taking the wheels off.. although i had a idea to use some kind of suction cup... but

i have to get some new tires anyway, so i'll just have the tire shop take them off and give them to me when i get them mounted...

now the valve stem... i'm not entirely sure what i should do here... i think there are various sizes... plus there is the tpms...

my idea of solving this problem was just to cover around it and maybe just spray it with plastidip, but that might be difficult as well...

any ideas would be appreciated. thank you
Old 11-13-2010, 12:02 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2009 040 Black C63, 2009 Arctic White G55, 2012 Storm Red CLS550 4Matic
after you get the wheels powdercoated and install everything you wont even notice the valve stems. Dont stress it, it wont be as bad as you think
Old 11-13-2010, 12:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2013 Chevy 427 Torch Red
The black plastic caps are ok but I am going to buy the black bolts when they are available
Old 11-13-2010, 12:49 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2008 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by Chris420
after you get the wheels powdercoated and install everything you wont even notice the valve stems. Dont stress it, it wont be as bad as you think
+ 1

I would not worry about valve stems. They look fine in silver.

The silver emblem on the centre caps come off very easily. You will see once you take them off. A can of matt black spray paint will do the job and just refit the silver emblem.