Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GTech Pro SS - Results and impressions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-23-2011, 05:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
M3
The serial port in the back of the gtech is for internal use (during manufacturing) only. It's not meant to be a serial port for interfacing with a pc by the end-user.

SS model has a limited built-in memory and is only $200 the RR model has the MicroSD card and is $300. RR is intended to be used with the new PASS2 software which is coming out in a couple of weeks. It will be free for download on the gtech web site. The RR comes with the USB MicroSD card reader and it has the ability to display/record lap times and segment times on the track.

Both SS and RR have the new true-10Hz SBAS (Satellite Based Augmentation System) GPS engine.
Old 01-23-2011, 11:24 AM

C63 w/p30; MHP ECU tune+header+mids+CF air intake duct+Akrapovic+wide body kit+ Vorsteiner VS110
Originally Posted by dodger63
Under 12 seconds on stock rubber not on the track.. Would be extremely hard to do maybe impossible tune only
Can't agree more! Even for 0 to 60, mine is not even close to 4 sec with ECU tune and stock tires on the street! PLS try Vbox and find if you can still get less than 4 sec. PLS don't take me wrong! You got great and extremely fast runs there!
Old 01-23-2011, 01:14 PM

M3
To convince yourself of how accurate the new FANATIC gtech really is I recommend you go to the local drag strip and compare the times against the slip. Make sure you shallow-stage (stop as soon as the second set of lights comes on) and you'll be amaised what this SBAS 10Hz GPS can do.

SBAS stands for Satellite Based Augmentation System and is a method for improving gps accuracy by correcting for any current atmospheric influence on the gps signal in your local area. I believe that Vbox Performance box doesn't have that feature and that the new gtech does.
Old 01-23-2011, 02:11 PM

2011 C63 P31
Originally Posted by Jovo
The serial port in the back of the gtech is for internal use (during manufacturing) only. It's not meant to be a serial port for interfacing with a pc by the end-user.

SS model has a limited built-in memory and is only $200 the RR model has the MicroSD card and is $300. RR is intended to be used with the new PASS2 software which is coming out in a couple of weeks. It will be free for download on the gtech web site. The RR comes with the USB MicroSD card reader and it has the ability to display/record lap times and segment times on the track.

Both SS and RR have the new true-10Hz SBAS (Satellite Based Augmentation System) GPS engine.

Hi Jovo,

Overall, I really like the meter, but I am still having freezing issues when I am browsing the results in order to find ones to delete. I need to turn the unit off and on to get it to respond again. Any solutions for this problem?

Thanks.
Old 01-23-2011, 02:23 PM

M3
This has to do with the file system, it's a bug and is being worked on. For now I would recommend clearing runs before it gets completely full or getting the RR upgrade which has 1G MicroSD (practically unlimited storage). Software bug-fix/upgrade will be free from gtech.

As far as your other issue, the blown fuse, I haven't been able to replicate the same problem. In fact it was designed with the GND pin as the first pin to avoid these types of issues. Perhaps it blew for some other reason? In any case I would recommend turning the unit off before unplugging it.
Old 01-27-2011, 02:39 AM

2011 C63 P31
Thanks Jovo. It is great to hear from you on this forum. Please let me know when the software update is ready. How will I install the update on the unit? Will I need to connect it to my computer using a serial to USB cable or a network cable?

Also, can you explain "shallow stage" you mentioned above? I am a bit confused about the second set of lights.
Old 01-27-2011, 10:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 432 Likes on 355 Posts
2012 C63;1971 280SE 3.5(Sold);2023 EQS 450 SUV 4 Matic (Wife's)
Do you have the GTech User Guide?

If so under Accuracy -> Drag Strip Concepts : there is a detailed description of staging that will explain the concept to you.

Basically if you stop the car as soon as the second yellow comes on you will be shallow staged. The car will need to move forward a few inches ( up to ~ 16") before the stage light is unblocked and the ET Clock starts. The distance you need to roll forward to unblock the Stage Beam depends on the diameter of the front tires. Shallow staging gives you a running start of sorts before the clock starts and will generally give you a longer reaction time but a faster ET and trap speed.

Like I mentioned a 12" rollout set in the GTech gave me a .3 sec advantage in my 6200 lb truck.
Old 02-07-2011, 07:37 AM

STARLET GLANZA
hallo, i have the same fanatic rr and i have problem with this like your problems........
i cant see in my pc anythink about thats RECORD races in card,the races record in file ctr and cts and the downloand program from gtech site (PASS 2.0) opening only ctp files.......what we can to do now????i have big problem .....
Old 02-07-2011, 07:40 AM

STARLET GLANZA
i had send email to gtech with my record races (with files cts and ctr) and i am waiting for answers .........but nothing until......
Old 02-07-2011, 03:33 PM

M3
PASS 2.0

The new PASS was delayed with a file system fix. It has been resolved now. The existing users have a work-around by simply reformatting the MicroSD card again.
The new PaSS2.0 will be out in a couple of weeks. It will be available for a free download on our web site.
Old 02-08-2011, 02:58 AM

STARLET GLANZA
Originally Posted by Jovo
The new PASS was delayed with a file system fix. It has been resolved now. The existing users have a work-around by simply reformatting the MicroSD card again.
The new PaSS2.0 will be out in a couple of weeks. It will be available for a free download on our web site.
what? i am sorry,you sold a special performance meter for race cars and you dont have the software for this??why you sell this before without software???are you serious ????i dont think now,why i must wait for this software a couple weeks ???? i sould bought a diifferent meter i think with software from other company.......
Old 02-08-2011, 03:00 AM

STARLET GLANZA
Originally Posted by athinaba
what? i am sorry,you sold a special performance meter for race cars and you dont have the software for this??why you sell this before without software???are you serious ????i dont think now,why i must wait for this software a couple weeks ???? i sould bought a diifferent meter i think with software from other company.......
this is very big mistake from this company gtech
Old 02-08-2011, 03:22 AM

STARLET GLANZA
and i have meet to the same problems with VMX128's FANATIC RR .