MBH headers and Dyno-Comp software

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-07-2010, 09:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 A8L, 2002 996TT X50, 2009 X5
Originally Posted by MBH motorsports
91oct my friend. Its all we got out here. The car is on its way to the UAE right now. We didn't knwo if we could get the headers and mids built in time to meet the owners deadline. By looking at the owners back tires. I thing we will see this thing pop up in a you tube video at some point.

As for weather/elevation those sort of things. They are corrected by the dyno. However you can not correct for fuel. You should see it in the summer on our crappy summer blend gas. Man that stuff is JUNK! Even my lawn mower doesn't like it.

EDIT: this is kinda what our customer base is like on Scottsdale. Big powered cars, not interested in racing them. It is what it is. If it was me I would be camping at speedworld for the next T&T night. I heard it got down to +700DA the other night.
Shame it's not local - but cool that we may get some vids. Either way, good job you guys... those results look terrific.
Old 12-07-2010, 09:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
MB
91oct my friend. Its all we got out here. The car is on its way to the UAE right now. We didn't knwo if we could get the headers and mids built in time to meet the owners deadline. By looking at the owners back tires. I thing we will see this thing pop up in a you tube video at some point.

As for weather/elevation those sort of things. They are corrected by the dyno. However you can not correct for fuel. You should see it in the summer on our crappy summer blend gas. Man that stuff is JUNK! Even my lawn mower doesn't like it.

EDIT: this is kinda what our customer base is like on Scottsdale. Big powered cars, not interested in racing them. It is what it is. If it was me I would be camping at speedworld for the next T&T night. I heard it got down to +700DA the other night.
I wonder if CA is like that in the Summer with fuel? Seems like I encountered my fair shair of low quality premium fuel this summer.

MB_Forever, is CA also known to have worse gas in the Summer?
Old 12-07-2010, 09:43 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 91 Likes on 46 Posts
C63, SL55, E55, CLS55, ML63, C55
Originally Posted by SonnyakaPig
I wonder if CA is like that in the Summer with fuel? Seems like I encountered my fair shair of low quality premium fuel this summer.

MB_Forever, is CA also known to have worse gas in the Summer?

I'm so glad the summer is over not only does the heat kill HP, but the fuel is so bad. Its just a bad combo out here in AZ. I try to run a mix of 100oct and 91 in the summer. however there isn't a lot of racing going on int he summer, so 100oct at the put can either be sitting a while or empty.
Old 12-07-2010, 09:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MB
I'm so glad the summer is over not only does the heat kill HP, but the fuel is so bad. Its just a bad combo out here in AZ. I try to run a mix of 100oct and 91 in the summer. however there isn't a lot of racing going on int he summer, so 100oct at the put can either be sitting a while or empty.
That's a good point about the 100 octane. I hadn't thought of that before.

I live in the desert, and up until recently, there were no race tracks around, so the large majority of people that purchase 100 octane at the pump are heading out to places like Glamis. So, off-raod stuff. I asked the saleswoman at the station if they sell a lot of 100 octane and she said, "yes, a lot."

I treat my car and myself throughout the month to a nice mix of 100 octane and 91 octane.
Old 12-07-2010, 10:23 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 91 Likes on 46 Posts
C63, SL55, E55, CLS55, ML63, C55
here is something else I noticed with AMG's. It was true with my C55, My brothers CLS55 and a few other cars we've had over the years. I think these AMG's get stronger with age. This C63 in the chart has 70K miles on it. These motors in are just some of the best built motors I've ever seen.

BTW: stay tuned for a secondary cat delete pipe thread coming with pics as soon as I can type it.
Old 12-08-2010, 01:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'15 VW GTI
here is something else I noticed with AMG's. It was true with my C55, My brothers CLS55 and a few other cars we've had over the years. I think these AMG's get stronger with age. This C63 in the chart has 70K miles on it. These motors in are just some of the best built motors I've ever seen.
I'm just over 25,000 miles. Stock ECU now after having a K1 tune, however, the car feels nearly the same. My K1 tune was really on the low side, just over 400 whp, and ran a best of 12.45. When back to stock, ran a 12.55, both with drag radials, somewhat similar DA. And the stock run was at the worst of the two tracks. I could prove this at the dyno where I've been many times, probably will before I get my LTs.
Old 12-08-2010, 11:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MB

BTW: stay tuned for a secondary cat delete pipe thread coming with pics as soon as I can type it.
I sure hope you're right. Would be cool.