A bit OT: sold my old car to pick up my C63, but having some problems

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-08-2010, 04:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
See Sig
Originally Posted by pdjafari
Negative, I never quoted any state statues or codes regarding third party used automotive sales. I also never offered any legal advice. I mentioned how a simple contract can avoid potential headaches in the future.

the rest of it was pretty much what everybody else said, except others seem to be emotional towards the buyer. I'd personally never meet somebody at my place of residence for this specific purpose.....

Caveat emptor
I wouldn't offer what I don't know.

Yes, a contract is best as I stated above your post. That could help. Its just the time line that will work against him. 2 days after the sale implied warranties still exist for sure. Especially without a contract.

In most cases it will never reach court because the cost will outweigh the price to fix the car. The point is to avoid being sued in a case like this. Within reason of course.
Old 12-08-2010, 05:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 c63,09 CaymanS,08 VW Touaregv10tdi,99vette hardtop,Triumph1050Tiger,Kaw,klr 650
Is the car dsg or manual? I ask this because, if manual he could have been up near redline and attempted a 4th to 5th gear change and accendently put the car in third gear. This could cause the rough idle and issues he mentioned. Not your fault.

It could happen....because it happened to me.
Old 12-08-2010, 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by trapper
Is the car dsg or manual? I ask this because, if manual he could have been up near redline and attempted a 4th to 5th gear change and accendently put the car in third gear. This could cause the rough idle and issues he mentioned. Not your fault.

It could happen....because it happened to me.
It's a DSG.
Old 12-08-2010, 07:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 A8L, 2002 996TT X50, 2009 X5
Originally Posted by pdjafari
Negative, I never quoted any state statues or codes regarding third party used automotive sales.
Anyone else reminded of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUIP_9fl1IM

Old 12-08-2010, 07:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
See Sig
Originally Posted by c32AMG-DTM
Anyone else reminded of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUIP_9fl1IM

LOL yes.
Old 12-08-2010, 09:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'14 911S (garage queen) '13 X3 (family hauler)
Originally Posted by propain
All sales are assumed under the Uniform Commercial code in every state. Well all but Louisiana but their own Civil Code enforces Article 2. "Sales"
this is what I was thinking--w/o a written agreement you're SOL if the guys decides to sue--sorry man hopefully it will work itself out.

frankly, I don't think a contract that is written to put all of the burden on the buyer is 100% bullet proof either--contracts are challenged everyday and most of them were written by real lawyers and not on a cocktail napkin

I'm not a lawyer, but I've paid enough of them and married one so I think some of this $h!t just absorbs into my head via osmosis--GL OP