Sponsored by:

Powerchip vs Me - seriously!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-13-2010, 04:28 PM
LZH
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLK 63 Black Series, 2009 S550, 2011 Range Rover Supercharged, BMW F800 GS Anniv Edition
I really don't think Evosport cares much at all...it's not like they are making a ton of $$ reselling PC tunes....and believe it or not, the percentage of sales generated from these forums is very small considering their total revenues.
Old 12-13-2010, 04:33 PM
MBWorld Founder

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
2020 GT R Pro, 2019 GT3 RS, 2018 GT3 Touring
Originally Posted by badblackbenz550
lol my post was deleted ROFL! see i can't say anything against anyone on this forum...
Of course you can, so long as it's not complete misinformation and untruths!
Old 12-13-2010, 04:37 PM
LZH
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLK 63 Black Series, 2009 S550, 2011 Range Rover Supercharged, BMW F800 GS Anniv Edition
Originally Posted by Mr. Vanos
Of course you can, so long as it's not complete misinformation and untruths!
Oh come on....Because everything posted on here is 100% accurate and true??? As "founder and administrator" of this forum....With all due respect, if that is the precedent you want to set, then I suggest you start holding your sponsors like PC to the same high standard you hold the regular members to.
Old 12-13-2010, 04:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Why does he even care unless he is a distrubtor of Cargraphic products in AUS or of similar capacity. But, from what he has posted (source of replica header) it doesn't seem like it.
Old 12-13-2010, 04:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
08 S65, 06 M3 CS(stick), 02 BMW X5 4.6iS, 07 R1 Raven, 08 F-450 4x4, 08 CooperS JCW
Originally Posted by Blue_Monster
This is laughable. Powerchip is really trying hard for no one to like them, or ever even consider using their product again.
Great job Powerchip
Yea, this is almost unbelievable....I've seen their name mentioned negatively a lot of times but wasn't quite ready to jump aboard the hatewagon but this latest episode will ensure Powerchip never seems a dime of my money...

-Rob
Old 12-13-2010, 05:01 PM
Banned

benzo larenzo
Originally Posted by I am Jeff
hahahaha Don't feel bad, enough of us have read it to know what you said.

Let me try to sum up what you said in as little words as possible... Sponsors > Forum Members. lol
haha good jobs lets see if this will last
Old 12-13-2010, 05:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
But I have to thank Wayne. I made contact with the manufacturer in Taiwan and they are in the process of getting a distrubutor setup in the US and we will soon know how much we can get these for. Not sure if they are made in Taiwan or China. Doesn't matter to me as long as the welds and stainless steel they use is of the same grade as what MHP or MBH uses.
Old 12-13-2010, 06:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C63
I think you guys should read this.

http://www.hptuners.com/pressreleases.php

HP TUNERS TAKES ACTION
HP Tuners LLC commenced a proceeding in the Federal Court of Australia on June 9th, 2006 against Powerchip Australia Pty Ltd claiming copyright infringement and breach of end user license agreement. That proceeding was settled between the parties and on June 21st, 2006 the Federal Court made orders by consent to the effect that Powerchip Australia Pty Ltd be restrained from infringing HP Tuners copyright and breaching HP Tuners end user license agreement, that it return all HP Tuners products in its possession to HP Tuners and that it pay HP Tuners an agreed sum for costs. HP Tuners has many software and hardware protection measures in place to protect its products, and will continue to actively pursue those who deliberately or blatantly infringe against the company in future.
Old 12-13-2010, 07:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 101 Likes on 50 Posts
09 C63
i hope only a positive effect comes out from this thread.

h.
Old 12-13-2010, 07:04 PM
PREMIER SPONSOR

None fast enough!
Originally Posted by MB_Forever
Evosport better start looking elsewhere for their tuning needs because the Powerchip name has been going downhill rapidly in the last year or so
Originally Posted by LZH
I really don't think Evosport cares much at all...it's not like they are making a ton of $$ reselling PC tunes....and believe it or not, the percentage of sales generated from these forums is very small considering their total revenues.
It's not that.

It is the simple fact that the product that they give us works. In large part it is tuned specifically for our stages/mods. We have worked with PC for 8+ years and in that time built a lot of tunes. It would take a long time to replicate that - it is not easy.

Net/net - why would it matter to the customer if the tune they get is from PC if they buy it from us? They are not dealing with PC and would never have to be put in this situation.

I am a bit taken back by some of the situation. However, I will say 100% that I agree that replica/copy cat products should never be allowed or promoted on this or any other site. All they do is hurt the industry and thereby the consumer - as it will cut down on the amount of money that companies like evosport spend. Just think, especially in times like these, R&D is expensive. If we don't get return on our development as someone copies it overseas with no overhead costs (ie: no R&D costs), then why would we continue the same cycle. So in the end, the consumer is hurt as there is no innovation.

Thanks
Brad
Old 12-13-2010, 07:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

09 C63
Originally Posted by brad @ evosport
It's not that.

It is the simple fact that the product that they give us works. In large part it is tuned specifically for our stages/mods. We have worked with PC for 8+ years and in that time built a lot of tunes. It would take a long time to replicate that - it is not easy.

Net/net - why would it matter to the customer if the tune they get is from PC if they buy it from us? They are not dealing with PC and would never have to be put in this situation.

I am a bit taken back by some of the situation. However, I will say 100% that I agree that replica/copy cat products should never be allowed or promoted on this or any other site. All they do is hurt the industry and thereby the consumer - as it will cut down on the amount of money that companies like evosport spend. Just think, especially in times like these, R&D is expensive. If we don't get return on our development as someone copies it overseas with no overhead costs (ie: no R&D costs), then why would we continue the same cycle. So in the end, the consumer is hurt as there is no innovation.

Thanks
Brad
As a business owner myself, i totally understand and agree with what you are saying. I dont believe any one should stop dealing with PC but be aware of the behaviour its own MD shows. I may well have been sold a replica product, but to be honest, in todays economy, money talks. And if the product is the same quality, people will pay the lesser amount if they are getting the same thing. As much as it hurts the industry it also benefits the industry by providing competition in regards to pricing. BUt no one can take away your companies achievements and people will know, if they want a great product with great rnd they will still come to you directly.

h.
Old 12-13-2010, 07:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 92 Likes on 81 Posts
C63 AMG
Originally Posted by Sincity
But I have to thank Wayne. I made contact with the manufacturer in Taiwan and they are in the process of getting a distrubutor setup in the US and we will soon know how much we can get these for. Not sure if they are made in Taiwan or China. Doesn't matter to me as long as the welds and stainless steel they use is of the same grade as what MHP or MBH uses.
Really? You would buy this product over the two that you mentioned? Really? Pretty short-sighted.........IMHO.
Old 12-13-2010, 07:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Originally Posted by brad @ evosport
It's not that.

Thanks
Brad
I agree with you 100% in regards to companies copying other company's products and I do believe such companies should NOT be allowed to sell those products on the forum.

In regards to Powerchip, I think their PR campaign has been going down hill big time for (at least) the past year or so. Many people have not only been unhappy with their products, but with their customer service as well - an area they should've mastered a long time ago especially for a company that's been in business for a good amount of time. And honestly, if they've treated customers this badly, it is not inconceivable that they may start treating you guys like that as well I think you should have a backup in terms of tuning just in case the ship goes down.
Old 12-13-2010, 07:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2004 S55 (SOLD, miss it every day), 2009 GL550
Originally Posted by RNS-11Z
As a business owner myself, i totally understand and agree with what you are saying. I dont believe any one should stop dealing with PC but be aware of the behaviour its own MD shows. I may well have been sold a replica product, but to be honest, in todays economy, money talks. And if the product is the same quality, people will pay the lesser amount if they are getting the same thing. As much as it hurts the industry it also benefits the industry by providing competition in regards to pricing. BUt no one can take away your companies achievements and people will know, if they want a great product with great rnd they will still come to you directly.

h.
downward pricing pressure due to competition helps the consumer and hurts industry (the manufacturer(s)) by driving down revenue. Competition also increases costs to industry by forcing industry to innovate or fall behind and lose market share. This innovation helps consumers, but at a cost of increased expense for industry. Catch-22, chicken-and-egg, etc.

bootlegged copies, unlicensed copies, fakes labeled as authentic, etc, hurt the manufacturer (creator) by depriving them of revenue

fakes can hurt the consumer by providing them with poor quality, and potentially dangerous, products.

replicas labeled as replicas seem to be just a hazard of doing business, like paying taxes. I've never read a post by someone b!tching about replica wheels being unfair to manufacturers (i have read posts questioning their quality)
Old 12-13-2010, 07:43 PM
PREMIER SPONSOR

None fast enough!

h.
I hear you on the costs, but if we were to just copy someone it would be a lot cheaper to sell things too. Then how would there ever be new products?

Cost of an item is comprised of the Material Cost + Labor + Overhead + Profit. We cannot compete on material or labor in the US as it is so much cheaper in China. And if our competitors have much lower overhead (as they are just copying and not designing/developing/testing/warrantying anything), then there is NO way to be price competitive. So the business model fails and companies like ours, Renntech, Kleeman, Cargraphic, Brabus, etc will all stop innovating.

See the bigger picture?

YES, I like a deal too. However, if you look at the issue past the one great deal you got today, it is a pretty large problem.

Thanks
Brad
Old 12-13-2010, 07:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63
Originally Posted by Sincity
There is a reason why products from China are cheap. In short, You get what you pay for.
Old 12-13-2010, 07:46 PM
SMP
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts
CLK63 Black Series
I agree with you 100% in regards to companies copying other company's products and I do believe such companies should NOT be allowed to sell those products on the forum.

In regards to Powerchip, I think their PR campaign has been going down hill big time for (at least) the past year or so. Many people have not only been happy with their products, but with their customer service as well - an area they should've mastered a long time ago especially for a company that's been in business for a good amount of time. And honestly, if they've treated customers this badly, it is not inconceivable that they may start treating you guys like that as well I think you should have a backup in terms of tuning just in case the ship goes down.
You might want to re-phrase this part
Old 12-13-2010, 07:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 P30, CL500 Sport

h.
I understand what you're saying, but in regards to the statements in bold above, I don't think it is necessarily true that we'll be better off if companies start making replica products of other companies' work (at least not for the long run).

Imagine this scenario: company X and company Y spend a lot of time on research and development to produce a few products that are safe, high quality, and gives a good boost in performance. Then a few companies enters the market, copies those products (same or lesser quality) and then sell them much cheaper to the consumer. Even though the consumer benefited this time around, the long-term effects maybe devastating because now look what happens the next around.... company X along with company Y, learn from what happened in the past, and so they start producing products without any research and development in order to compete with replicas. Now the consumer starts getting products that are not well researched or well tested so they themselves become the test bed for new products. And in the Mercedes world where parts and labor are so expensive, a few consumers will end up paying maybe a great deal of money.

EDIT: Brad beat me to it

Last edited by MB_Forever; 12-13-2010 at 07:55 PM.
Old 12-13-2010, 07:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Originally Posted by SMP
You might want to re-phrase this part
Not really.... although they may have many satisfied customers, I know of many unsatisfied as well. I have PMs, e-mails, and personal testimony as proof It's only lately that things started getting really bad for them
Old 12-13-2010, 07:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63
I have a feeling this is gonna be a long thread...
Old 12-13-2010, 07:59 PM
SMP
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts
CLK63 Black Series
Not really.... although they may have many satisfied customers, I know of many unsatisfied as well. I have PMs, e-mails, and personal testimony as proof It's only lately that things started going really bad for them
Read your post again, maybe this time you'll get it ....... hint: it's in contradiction of your answer to me.
Old 12-13-2010, 08:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Originally Posted by SMP
Read your post again, maybe this time you'll get it ....... hint: it's in contradiction of your answer to me.
Got it.... just wasn't sure if you were being sarcastic
Old 12-13-2010, 08:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

09 C63
I know what you all mean in regards to copy products and etc. Hence why we have copy right laws and laws to stop fake items being made and etc.
I would like to know, what has me selling my headers got to do with Powerchip?
Old 12-13-2010, 08:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts
a land yacht.
Powerchip's customer is right next to my dinner from last night, in the toilet. It's quite possibly some of the most ****tyy customer service I've had.
Old 12-13-2010, 08:40 PM
PREMIER SPONSOR

None fast enough!
I know what you all mean in regards to copy products and etc. Hence why we have copy right laws and laws to stop fake items being made and etc.
I would like to know, what has me selling my headers got to do with Powerchip?
I only was involved as people brought up our company in the thread!

Thanks
Brad

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Powerchip vs Me - seriously!!!