MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   C63 AMG (W204) (https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w204-93/)
-   -   RENNtech Stage 2 ECU and Akrapovic Exhaust Dyno Results... Pics Soon :) (https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w204/383278-renntech-stage-2-ecu-akrapovic-exhaust-dyno-results-pics-soon.html)

Tyler1012 01-14-2011 07:44 PM

RENNtech Stage 2 ECU and Akrapovic Exhaust Dyno Results... Pics Soon :)

1 Attachment(s)
Hey everyone,

I just go my car back from Renntech...They installed their Ecu Stage 2 tune and the Akrapovic Exhaust (Evolution). Just thought I'd share with you guys the dyno results. The car felt great on the way back from the dealership. :) That's pretty much all I can say about it right now since I was only in it for about 15 minutes. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Tyler

P.S. I'll try to put some pics up tomorrow!

propain 01-14-2011 07:57 PM

Those are some really nice results. Exhaust work consist of headers? What kind price?

superlubricity 01-14-2011 07:58 PM

Looking good! Can you have them send you all of the runfiles?

I'd love to see all eight (or more) runs.

James@ACG 01-14-2011 09:45 PM

Congrats, welcome to the Akra club... gains look right where they should be, I love how on the RENNtech tunes you pick up power throughout the whole power band not just on the top end.

MB_Forever 01-15-2011 02:52 AM

Originally Posted by Tyler1012 (Post 4461383)
Hey everyone,

I just go my car back from Renntech...They installed their Ecu Stage 2 tune and the Akrapovic Exhaust (Evolution). Just thought I'd share with you guys the dyno results. The car felt great on the way back from the dealership. :) That's pretty much all I can say about it right now since I was only in it for about 15 minutes. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Tyler

P.S. I'll try to put some pics up tomorrow!

+66 rwhp gain and +35 rwtq gain = :bow:

I told you you'd like it :D

So did you happen to catch the RENNtech airbox group buy I linked to in the other thread?

tailhappysg 01-15-2011 08:42 AM

Congrats! Great results. I need a tune too! If only I can get a similar tune in Singapore.

BFNYM156 01-15-2011 11:32 AM

very nice gain

RENNtech AMG 01-15-2011 01:01 PM

Tyler,
Glad to hear you are pleased with the results. We look forward to future mods and continued improvements on your 63. Thanks for the kudos.

Tyler1012 01-15-2011 05:31 PM

Replies

Originally Posted by propain (Post 4461403)
Those are some really nice results. Exhaust work consist of headers? What kind price?

Thanks... I believe it does consist of headers(Someone correct me if im wrong... not sure)... PM me if you wanna know about pricing

Originally Posted by superlubricity (Post 4461406)
Looking good! Can you have them send you all of the runfiles?

I'd love to see all eight (or more) runs.

Thank you!... Um I can ask... maybe PM RENNtech AMG for them :nix:

Originally Posted by James@ACGSD (Post 4461542)
Congrats, welcome to the Akra club... gains look right where they should be, I love how on the RENNtech tunes you pick up power throughout the whole power band not just on the top end.

Thanks... Yea the tune is truly great and the exhaust is stunning

Originally Posted by MB_Forever (Post 4461888)
+66 rwhp gain and +35 rwtq gain = :bow:

I told you you'd like it :D

So did you happen to catch the RENNtech airbox group buy I linked to in the other thread?

Haha you were definitely right! :D... And yep I got in on the group buy... It should be coming in about 2-3 weeks.

Originally Posted by tailhappysg (Post 4462036)
Congrats! Great results. I need a tune too! If only I can get a similar tune in Singapore.

Thanks! Hope you can find one too... Really a big difference

Originally Posted by BFNYM156 (Post 4462192)
very nice gain

Thanks!

Originally Posted by RENNtech AMG (Post 4462306)
Tyler,
Glad to hear you are pleased with the results. We look forward to future mods and continued improvements on your 63. Thanks for the kudos.

Thanks you again! Yea looking forward to the airbox and possibly doing the wide-body kit!

-Tyler

P.S. Just have to upload some of the pics I took

Girard@ACGautomotive 01-15-2011 06:07 PM

Great results. You have gotten the absolute top notch parts for your car.

Sincity 01-16-2011 11:35 AM

According to Peter@ACGSD in another thread, the Evolution system doesn't include headers. Those are great numbers for tune and exhaust.

http://execstudio.com/products/akrap...diagram_01.jpg

BO Knows 01-17-2011 05:05 AM

Originally Posted by RENNtech AMG (Post 4462306)
Tyler,

Wow, nice to see RENNtech is a sponsor here! :y

MercNutz 01-17-2011 11:42 PM

Originally Posted by BO Knows (Post 4464825)
Wow, nice to see RENNtech is a sponsor here! :y

+1

Even as a lurker I noticed how much irresponsible posting has gone on about RENNtech lately, mostly from other vendors or ex employees. I'm glad to see you on here as well to straighten out the misinformation.

LZH 01-18-2011 01:07 AM

Originally Posted by MercNutz (Post 4466469)
+1

Even as a lurker I noticed how much irresponsible posting has gone on about RENNtech lately, mostly from other vendors or ex employees. I'm glad to see you on here as well to straighten out the misinformation.

Yeah like that'll every happen:rolleyes:
What I'd rather know is why RT shorty headers for the BS make no power....

MercNutz 01-18-2011 03:56 AM

Originally Posted by LZH (Post 4466597)

Probably because they're shortys. If you're going to do headers why waste the time?

MB_Forever 01-18-2011 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by LZH (Post 4466597)

Not sure if you are referring to headers only or headers + tune. In terms of headers + tune, I've seen the shorty headers make power on 3 different black series, one CLS63, and an E63 :nix: And those are only the ones I know about... I'm sure there are plenty others. I do agree, however, that they do not make as much power as their long-tube headers.

Also, despite the fact that short-style headers make less power, I'm pretty sure RENNtech created them specifically for those of us who are looking for as much hp gain as possible without having to deal with smog issues. Plus, it offers a simple bolt-on design that is easy to put-on and take-off without messing with the rest of the exhaust system.

To the OP: where are the pictures and videos we were promised? :naughty: :D

Sincity 01-18-2011 03:40 PM

I'd like to see how much power the Renntech shorties make in comparison to the PLM exhaust manifolds that Superlubricity tested. But then again, we need to start another thread on that subject matter.

Back to your regularly scheduled programming (back on topic)...........

Are the Akra mufflers baffled?

Tyler1012 01-18-2011 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by Sincity (Post 4463502)
According to Peter@ACGSD in another thread, the Evolution system doesn't include headers. Those are great numbers for tune and exhaust.

http://execstudio.com/products/akrap...diagram_01.jpg

Thanks for clarifying it up!

Originally Posted by MB_Forever (Post 4467543)
Not sure if you are referring to headers only or headers + tune. In terms of headers + tune, I've seen the shorty headers make power on 3 different black series, one CLS63, and an E63 :nix: And those are only the ones I know about... I'm sure there are plenty others. I do agree, however, that they do not make as much power as their long-tube headers.

Also, despite the fact that short-style headers make less power, I'm pretty sure RENNtech created them specifically for those of us who are looking for as much hp gain as possible without having to deal with smog issues. Plus, it offers a simple bolt-on design that is easy to put-on and take-off without messing with the rest of the exhaust system.

To the OP: where are the pictures and videos we were promised? :naughty: :D

Sorry about the delay on pics... semester just started so things are pretty hectic at the moment... I'll have the pics+video up soon :D... Also I'm in the Miami area if anyone wants to see/hear the exhaust in person... Just let me know!

Thanks for your patience!
Tyler

Tyler1012 01-21-2011 07:43 PM

Some quick pics

4 Attachment(s)
Here are some quick pics of the exhaust... Video coming soon with pics of the car... Again sorry about the wait!

Regards,
Tyler

yazid 01-23-2011 06:16 AM

dude.. your akra is awesome!!!

Yaqoub 09-08-2018 02:23 AM

Originally Posted by Tyler1012 (Post 4474131)
Here are some quick pics of the exhaust... Video coming soon with pics of the car... Again sorry about the wait!

Regards,
Tyler

is your exhaust for sale ??

BLKROKT 09-08-2018 08:35 AM

Originally Posted by Yaqoub (Post 7548953)
is your exhaust for sale ??

Stop posting in every fücking 7yr old Akrapovic thread idiot