Go Back  MBWorld.org Forums > Mercedes-Benz AMG Vehicles > C63 AMG (W204)
RENNtech Stage 2 ECU and Akrapovic Exhaust Dyno Results... Pics Soon :) >

RENNtech Stage 2 ECU and Akrapovic Exhaust Dyno Results... Pics Soon :)

Notices
C63 AMG (W204)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

RENNtech Stage 2 ECU and Akrapovic Exhaust Dyno Results... Pics Soon :)

 
Old 01-14-2011, 07:44 PM
  #1  
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Florida
Posts: 69
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Renntech C63 AMG; Samoa Orange R8 GT 115/333
RENNtech Stage 2 ECU and Akrapovic Exhaust Dyno Results... Pics Soon :)

Hey everyone,

I just go my car back from Renntech...They installed their Ecu Stage 2 tune and the Akrapovic Exhaust (Evolution). Just thought I'd share with you guys the dyno results. The car felt great on the way back from the dealership. That's pretty much all I can say about it right now since I was only in it for about 15 minutes. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Tyler

P.S. I'll try to put some pics up tomorrow!
Attached Thumbnails RENNtech Stage 2 ECU and Akrapovic Exhaust Dyno Results... Pics Soon :)-c63_dyno.jpg  
Tyler1012 is offline  
Old 01-14-2011, 07:57 PM
  #2  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
propain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: NY
Posts: 3,974
Likes: 0
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
See Sig
Those are some really nice results. Exhaust work consist of headers? What kind price?
propain is offline  
Old 01-14-2011, 07:58 PM
  #3  
Super Moderator
 
superlubricity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: USA
Posts: 2,189
Likes: 0
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
2011 GLK 350, 2013 GT-R, & 2013 RAM 1500
Looking good! Can you have them send you all of the runfiles?

I'd love to see all eight (or more) runs.
superlubricity is offline  
Old 01-14-2011, 09:45 PM
  #4  
PREMIUM SPONSOR
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 1,694
Likes: 0
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
07 RS4 sold, R53 Cooper S, 2008 Cayman S, 2012 GTR
Congrats, welcome to the Akra club... gains look right where they should be, I love how on the RENNtech tunes you pick up power throughout the whole power band not just on the top end.
James@ACG is offline  
Old 01-15-2011, 02:52 AM
  #5  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
MB_Forever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: California, USA
Posts: 9,137
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Originally Posted by Tyler1012 View Post
Hey everyone,

I just go my car back from Renntech...They installed their Ecu Stage 2 tune and the Akrapovic Exhaust (Evolution). Just thought I'd share with you guys the dyno results. The car felt great on the way back from the dealership. That's pretty much all I can say about it right now since I was only in it for about 15 minutes. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Tyler

P.S. I'll try to put some pics up tomorrow!
+66 rwhp gain and +35 rwtq gain =

I told you you'd like it

So did you happen to catch the RENNtech airbox group buy I linked to in the other thread?

Last edited by MB_Forever; 01-15-2011 at 12:15 PM.
MB_Forever is offline  
Old 01-15-2011, 08:42 AM
  #6  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 42
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
AMG C63
Congrats! Great results. I need a tune too! If only I can get a similar tune in Singapore.
tailhappysg is offline  
Old 01-15-2011, 11:32 AM
  #7  
Member
 
BFNYM156's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Canada
Posts: 209
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
M156 and LS7
very nice gain
BFNYM156 is offline  
Old 01-15-2011, 01:01 PM
  #8  
Former Vendor of MBWorld
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Lake Park, Florida
Posts: 38
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mercedes, AMG, Porsche, Bentley, Audi
Tyler,
Glad to hear you are pleased with the results. We look forward to future mods and continued improvements on your 63. Thanks for the kudos.
RENNtech AMG is offline  
Old 01-15-2011, 05:31 PM
  #9  
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Florida
Posts: 69
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Renntech C63 AMG; Samoa Orange R8 GT 115/333
Replies

Originally Posted by propain View Post
Those are some really nice results. Exhaust work consist of headers? What kind price?
Thanks... I believe it does consist of headers(Someone correct me if im wrong... not sure)... PM me if you wanna know about pricing

Originally Posted by superlubricity View Post
Looking good! Can you have them send you all of the runfiles?

I'd love to see all eight (or more) runs.
Thank you!... Um I can ask... maybe PM RENNtech AMG for them

Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Congrats, welcome to the Akra club... gains look right where they should be, I love how on the RENNtech tunes you pick up power throughout the whole power band not just on the top end.
Thanks... Yea the tune is truly great and the exhaust is stunning

Originally Posted by MB_Forever View Post
+66 rwhp gain and +35 rwtq gain =

I told you you'd like it

So did you happen to catch the RENNtech airbox group buy I linked to in the other thread?
Haha you were definitely right! ... And yep I got in on the group buy... It should be coming in about 2-3 weeks.

Originally Posted by tailhappysg View Post
Congrats! Great results. I need a tune too! If only I can get a similar tune in Singapore.
Thanks! Hope you can find one too... Really a big difference

Originally Posted by BFNYM156 View Post
very nice gain
Thanks!

Originally Posted by RENNtech AMG View Post
Tyler,
Glad to hear you are pleased with the results. We look forward to future mods and continued improvements on your 63. Thanks for the kudos.
Thanks you again! Yea looking forward to the airbox and possibly doing the wide-body kit!

-Tyler

P.S. Just have to upload some of the pics I took
Tyler1012 is offline  
Old 01-15-2011, 06:07 PM
  #10  
PREMIUM SPONSOR
 
Girard@ACGautomotive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 2,909
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
a car
Great results. You have gotten the absolute top notch parts for your car.
Girard@ACGautomotive is offline  
Old 01-16-2011, 11:35 AM
  #11  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Sincity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Vegas and Vancouver, BC
Posts: 5,945
Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
.
According to [email protected] in another thread, the Evolution system doesn't include headers. Those are great numbers for tune and exhaust.

Sincity is offline  
Old 01-17-2011, 05:05 AM
  #12  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 375
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
2010 C63, 2007 X5
Originally Posted by RENNtech AMG View Post
Tyler,
Glad to hear you are pleased with the results. We look forward to future mods and continued improvements on your 63. Thanks for the kudos.
Wow, nice to see RENNtech is a sponsor here!
BO Knows is offline  
Old 01-17-2011, 11:42 PM
  #13  
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 4
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Merc
Originally Posted by BO Knows View Post
Wow, nice to see RENNtech is a sponsor here!
+1

Even as a lurker I noticed how much irresponsible posting has gone on about RENNtech lately, mostly from other vendors or ex employees. I'm glad to see you on here as well to straighten out the misinformation.
MercNutz is offline  
Old 01-18-2011, 01:07 AM
  #14  
LZH
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 2,735
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
CLK 63 Black Series, 2009 S550, 2011 Range Rover Supercharged, BMW F800 GS Anniv Edition
Originally Posted by MercNutz View Post
+1

Even as a lurker I noticed how much irresponsible posting has gone on about RENNtech lately, mostly from other vendors or ex employees. I'm glad to see you on here as well to straighten out the misinformation.
Yeah like that'll every happen
What I'd rather know is why RT shorty headers for the BS make no power....
LZH is offline  
Old 01-18-2011, 03:56 AM
  #15  
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 4
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Merc
Originally Posted by LZH View Post
Yeah like that'll every happen
What I'd rather know is why RT shorty headers for the BS make no power....
Probably because they're shortys. If you're going to do headers why waste the time?
MercNutz is offline  
Old 01-18-2011, 03:05 PM
  #16  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
MB_Forever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: California, USA
Posts: 9,137
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Originally Posted by LZH View Post
Yeah like that'll every happen
What I'd rather know is why RT shorty headers for the BS make no power....
Not sure if you are referring to headers only or headers + tune. In terms of headers + tune, I've seen the shorty headers make power on 3 different black series, one CLS63, and an E63 And those are only the ones I know about... I'm sure there are plenty others. I do agree, however, that they do not make as much power as their long-tube headers.

Also, despite the fact that short-style headers make less power, I'm pretty sure RENNtech created them specifically for those of us who are looking for as much hp gain as possible without having to deal with smog issues. Plus, it offers a simple bolt-on design that is easy to put-on and take-off without messing with the rest of the exhaust system.

To the OP: where are the pictures and videos we were promised?

Last edited by MB_Forever; 01-18-2011 at 03:08 PM.
MB_Forever is offline  
Old 01-18-2011, 03:40 PM
  #17  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Sincity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Vegas and Vancouver, BC
Posts: 5,945
Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
.
I'd like to see how much power the Renntech shorties make in comparison to the PLM exhaust manifolds that Superlubricity tested. But then again, we need to start another thread on that subject matter.

Back to your regularly scheduled programming (back on topic)...........

Are the Akra mufflers baffled?
Sincity is offline  
Old 01-18-2011, 05:09 PM
  #18  
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Florida
Posts: 69
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Renntech C63 AMG; Samoa Orange R8 GT 115/333
Originally Posted by Sincity View Post
According to [email protected] in another thread, the Evolution system doesn't include headers. Those are great numbers for tune and exhaust.

Thanks for clarifying it up!

Originally Posted by MB_Forever View Post
Not sure if you are referring to headers only or headers + tune. In terms of headers + tune, I've seen the shorty headers make power on 3 different black series, one CLS63, and an E63 And those are only the ones I know about... I'm sure there are plenty others. I do agree, however, that they do not make as much power as their long-tube headers.

Also, despite the fact that short-style headers make less power, I'm pretty sure RENNtech created them specifically for those of us who are looking for as much hp gain as possible without having to deal with smog issues. Plus, it offers a simple bolt-on design that is easy to put-on and take-off without messing with the rest of the exhaust system.

To the OP: where are the pictures and videos we were promised?
Sorry about the delay on pics... semester just started so things are pretty hectic at the moment... I'll have the pics+video up soon ... Also I'm in the Miami area if anyone wants to see/hear the exhaust in person... Just let me know!

Thanks for your patience!
Tyler
Tyler1012 is offline  
Old 01-21-2011, 07:43 PM
  #19  
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Florida
Posts: 69
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Renntech C63 AMG; Samoa Orange R8 GT 115/333
Some quick pics

Here are some quick pics of the exhaust... Video coming soon with pics of the car... Again sorry about the wait!

Regards,
Tyler
Attached Thumbnails RENNtech Stage 2 ECU and Akrapovic Exhaust Dyno Results... Pics Soon :)-akra-exhaust-1.jpg   RENNtech Stage 2 ECU and Akrapovic Exhaust Dyno Results... Pics Soon :)-akra-exhaust-2.jpg   RENNtech Stage 2 ECU and Akrapovic Exhaust Dyno Results... Pics Soon :)-akra-exhaust-3.jpg   RENNtech Stage 2 ECU and Akrapovic Exhaust Dyno Results... Pics Soon :)-akra-exhaust-4.jpg  
Tyler1012 is offline  
Old 01-23-2011, 06:16 AM
  #20  
Super Member
 
yazid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Brunei
Posts: 720
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
C63 AMG P30 + OE Tuning
dude.. your akra is awesome!!!
yazid is offline  
Old 09-08-2018, 02:23 AM
  #21  
Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 4
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
C63 w204 2012
Originally Posted by Tyler1012 View Post
Here are some quick pics of the exhaust... Video coming soon with pics of the car... Again sorry about the wait!

Regards,
Tyler
is your exhaust for sale ??
Yaqoub is offline  
Old 09-08-2018, 08:35 AM
  #22  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
BLKROKT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 5,864
Liked 1,242 Times in 837 Posts
2012 P31 C63 Coupe Trackrat, 2015 GLK350
Originally Posted by Yaqoub View Post
is your exhaust for sale ??
Stop posting in every fücking 7yr old Akrapovic thread idiot
BLKROKT is offline  
The following 2 users liked this post by BLKROKT:
chrisridebike8 (09-08-2018), JeffACM (09-08-2018)
 

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Quick Reply: RENNtech Stage 2 ECU and Akrapovic Exhaust Dyno Results... Pics Soon :)


Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: