Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-14-2011, 06:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'16 GTS Solar
19" tire profiles

Hey All,
I have a question regarding 19" wheels/tires on our C63's. I live in NYC and have to deal with potholes left and right. Because of the increased road hazards, I was hoping to be able to run a higher profile tire...but I have heard about the complex nature of the traction control computer with respect to aspect ration/profile.

A common setup for 19" wheels on our cars seems to be 245/35/19 in the front with a 275/30/19 profile in the rear. I was hoping to be able to run 245/40/19F and 275/40/19 in the rear to provide some extra protection from the road.

(I had 20" wheels on my last car (G35 couple) and ran a 35 and 30 profiles in the front and rear, respectively. Needless to say, I cracked several of them over the course of 3 years.)

Any suggestions or advice would be appreciated. I really envy you west coast and southern guys with smooth roads and no snow - NYC has got to have some of the worst roads in the country.
Old 02-14-2011, 06:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 61 Likes on 52 Posts
Steel Grey Metallic C63!!
Originally Posted by BK63amg
Hey All,
I have a question regarding 19" wheels/tires on our C63's. I live in NYC and have to deal with potholes left and right. Because of the increased road hazards, I was hoping to be able to run a higher profile tire...but I have heard about the complex nature of the traction control computer with respect to aspect ration/profile.

A common setup for 19" wheels on our cars seems to be 245/35/19 in the front with a 275/30/19 profile in the rear. I was hoping to be able to run 245/40/19F and 275/40/19 in the rear to provide some extra protection from the road.

(I had 20" wheels on my last car (G35 couple) and ran a 35 and 30 profiles in the front and rear, respectively. Needless to say, I cracked several of them over the course of 3 years.)

Any suggestions or advice would be appreciated. I really envy you west coast and southern guys with smooth roads and no snow - NYC has got to have some of the worst roads in the country.

LOL...You're in the same boat as I am. Did you get a chance to experience the huge craters on the brooklyn bound side of the Brooklyn Bridge yet? That would really rock your rims! If you're running 19's, I think you can run 40 profile fronts and 35 rears. Keep in mind that running that size will definitely throw off your speedo.