Looking for advice about potentially scandelous MB dealership

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-17-2011, 12:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
MB
Originally Posted by YYZ-E55
First off, they're going to fix it with a "back alley" paintjob - a mobile guy comes around and sprays the bumper. I'm not saying this is bad (they actually do a good job from what I've seen), but the reality is you're talking about a $300 repair MAX.

Now, if it takes you an entire day to travel to/from the dealership, and you're a lawyer, I'm going to have to assume that you're pulling in more than $37.50/hour (based on an 8 hour day), and that's not factoring in fuel, wear and tear, etc., to travel four hours round-trip to this dealership (heck, in a C 63, that's a tank of gas!). So while I understand and respect your frustration, is it really worth the hassle?

As for the CLK 63 owner's manual; I'm sorry, that's just being downright petty. A minor oversight at best, not a malicious act. Sure, they should've replaced it sooner, but come on. You can get all the info from the manual online!

Get the bumper repaired locally for around $300 and cut your losses. Attribute this as a lesson learned - inspect the car carefully before taking delivery, especially for a long-distance transaction.
You make excellent points. Thanks for your feedback.

But, I disagree with the part I put in bold.
Old 02-17-2011, 01:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
2016 C63 S
I had to get my bumper sprayed when a Denali rocked me....it was $400....

If they wont fix it, fix it yourself and get them to credit your Service "B"
Old 02-17-2011, 01:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'14 911S (garage queen) '13 X3 (family hauler)
Originally Posted by callmiro
I had to get my bumper sprayed when a Denali rocked me....it was $400....

If they wont fix it, fix it yourself and get them to credit your Service "B"

Best sig on MBW right now
I love pet humor
You just made my day
Old 02-17-2011, 01:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MB
Originally Posted by black-clk500

Best sig on MBW right now
I love pet humor
You just made my day
It is funny. haha

@callmiro,

Thanks for the advice. I didn't know how much it would cost, so that's good to know it isn't astronomical.
Old 02-17-2011, 02:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
2016 C63 S
Originally Posted by SonnyakaPig
It is funny. haha

@callmiro,

Thanks for the advice. I didn't know how much it would cost, so that's good to know it isn't astronomical.

Yah...it's not too crazy....for $400 they took the whole bumper off and re-did to match.....

No matter what, after you close off on this, i would switch dealerships because they should never get another penny
Old 02-17-2011, 03:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MB
Originally Posted by callmiro
Yah...it's not too crazy....for $400 they took the whole bumper off and re-did to match.....

No matter what, after you close off on this, i would switch dealerships because they should never get another penny
Agreed. I vowed to never purchase anything from them again. And it's odd to me, because I really was a good customer.
Old 02-18-2011, 01:12 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
GT2 C63 and yo sister
who are they, nothing will change until we know who they are
Old 02-18-2011, 02:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MB
Originally Posted by Dark_Knight
who are they, nothing will change until we know who they are
I completely understand where you're coming from. But, I want to wait until I see how they will handle this situation.

I've called MBUSA. So far, they say they will call me back within 24 hours, but they seem unhelpful so far. They said this has to do with a dealership and there's nothing they can tell me about the CPO status of my car. Okay, so I'm waiting to hear from them.

I've called the used car sales manager at the subject dealership, and he is not calling me back.

I've called the dealership general manager and so far no call back. But, I just called him yesterday, so that's understandable. Maybe he'll call by next week some time.

I will update this thread. And eventually I would like to expose the dealership, regardless of the outcome. If they do right by me I will tell you all how they followed through on their promise. If they snub me, I'll tell you.
Old 02-18-2011, 03:40 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
'14 ML350 GONE-'12 GL450/'10 E550/'10 ML350/'09 C300/'07 ML350/'03 E320
Understand that the dealer is far away but if you talk to the management face to face, I'm sure it will get resolved right away as you are a repeat customer, over the phone will just frustrate you. I've had 2 contracts that had a mistake in my favor and some clerical issue, the finance guys called me repeatedly so I can resign the correct contracts, but when they made a mistake with my registration, it took about 2 months for them to correct, finally when it got to the GM, problem was solved.
Old 02-18-2011, 03:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MB
Originally Posted by park423
Understand that the dealer is far away but if you talk to the management face to face, I'm sure it will get resolved right away as you are a repeat customer, over the phone will just frustrate you. I've had 2 contracts that had a mistake in my favor and some clerical issue, the finance guys called me repeatedly so I can resign the correct contracts, but when they made a mistake with my registration, it took about 2 months for them to correct, finally when it got to the GM, problem was solved.
Yeah, that's always interesting how often they contact you when they want your help.

Just to clarify, I was not a repeat customer. I only purchased 1 car from them. But, I was a good customer, in that I came as promised to purchase the car and regarding the car that I traded in, I actually effected the sale for them by dealing with the new buyer on my own time. And I provided post-sale aid by helping the new buyer when the dealership was blowing him off.
Old 02-18-2011, 04:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MB
Just an update:

Spoke with a very nice MBUSA case manager and they told me that they would contact the dealership in question and see what they can find out.

I was very pleased and grateful for the understanding and patience shown to me by the case manager.

MBUSA is .

I should know more by next week.
Old 02-20-2011, 03:12 AM

2012 C63 AMG BS, 2010 DUCATI 1198S
I understand how you would like to go about the situation, but keep in mind, other MB world members such as myself live in SoCal. If there is a SoCal MB dealer that is providing bad customer service, regardless of wether they fix it or not, shouldn't other members be informed so they don't support that dealer?

I thought the point of an online community such as this one, would be to give advice, share experiences, and help out other members based on a common interest.

There are only so many MB dealers in SoCal (Carlsbad, Escondido, San Diego, etc). Eventually, another member will learn the hard way about the dealer you're reffering to. If you had to get MBUSA involved, then it's pretty clear that this dealer isn't doing their part. If we knew who they were, we could exercise a little caution if that's the dealer that we bring business to.

You've been very polite and proffesional in the manner you're handling this, and that's respectable, but look at how the stealership responded. A$$hole's finish first. My two cents.
Old 02-20-2011, 03:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MBUSA
Originally Posted by NellyRod
I understand how you would like to go about the situation, but keep in mind, other MB world members such as myself live in SoCal. If there is a SoCal MB dealer that is providing bad customer service, regardless of wether they fix it or not, shouldn't other members be informed so they don't support that dealer?

I thought the point of an online community such as this one, would be to give advice, share experiences, and help out other members based on a common interest.

There are only so many MB dealers in SoCal (Carlsbad, Escondido, San Diego, etc). Eventually, another member will learn the hard way about the dealer you're reffering to. If you had to get MBUSA involved, then it's pretty clear that this dealer isn't doing their part. If we knew who they were, we could exercise a little caution if that's the dealer that we bring business to.

You've been very polite and proffesional in the manner you're handling this, and that's respectable, but look at how the stealership responded. A$$hole's finish first. My two cents.
quite the contrary here....couple rules.
1. member is guilty till proven innocent
2. sponsor is innocent till proven guilty
3. save sponsor face first, then check your *** second and online community what did you say???
4. lots of sponsor groupie/clicks here, pick your poison, i mean you are giving them your money might as well bend over for them too

follow those and you will be a premiere contributing member in no time. Aynone that spends enough time around here knows this is true...

Last edited by GHAZAN; 02-20-2011 at 03:25 AM.
Old 02-20-2011, 10:31 AM

2012 C63 AMG BS, 2010 DUCATI 1198S
Originally Posted by GHAZAN
quite the contrary here....couple rules.
1. member is guilty till proven innocent
2. sponsor is innocent till proven guilty
3. save sponsor face first, then check your *** second and online community what did you say???
4. lots of sponsor groupie/clicks here, pick your poison, i mean you are giving them your money might as well bend over for them too

follow those and you will be a premiere contributing member in no time. Aynone that spends enough time around here knows this is true...
I'm starting to see this, and it's a damn shame, it really is. Regardless, a dealership is not a sponsor as far as I'm aware. I'm sure they'll find plenty of other victims even if we don't support them. Might as well save our members the drama right?
Old 02-20-2011, 11:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 432 Likes on 355 Posts
2012 C63;1971 280SE 3.5(Sold);2023 EQS 450 SUV 4 Matic (Wife's)
Originally Posted by SonnyakaPig
Just an update:

Spoke with a very nice MBUSA case manager and they told me that they would contact the dealership in question and see what they can find out.

I was very pleased and grateful for the understanding and patience shown to me by the case manager.

MBUSA is .

I should know more by next week.
Wishing you luck with this situation and hoping your patience is rewarded.
Old 02-20-2011, 11:40 AM

GT2 C63 and yo sister
Im sure MBUSA wont be happy wit a franchisee selling CPO'd cars with ghetto paint, one of the ways to keep the value of the CPO car is in some ways its like a new car, this behavior defeats the purpose, is it just me or does it seem to others that is it difficult to deal with all dealers in SoCal
Old 02-20-2011, 03:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MB
I would be a hypocrite if I were to disagree with the point previously made that this is an online community and we are here to share experiences. I want to know about others' experiences so that I can learn from them. In that vein I agree that those who would like to know which dealer is giving me the run-around deserves to know.

I really am stressed about this situation (when I think about it) and people are right that regardless of what this dealership does from here on out, they really showed their true colors in their dealings with me.

The dealership is W.I. Simonson in Santa Monica. And honestly, if I they won't make good on their promise, I will survive and my car will still be a blast to drive and I will get it painted eventually (would suck to have to pay for it, but whatever).

My honest opinion is this: regardless of how they handle my situation from here on out, I would never recommend that someone purchase a used car from them again. YMMV.
Old 02-20-2011, 03:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MB
Originally Posted by Mort
Wishing you luck with this situation and hoping your patience is rewarded.
Thank you for the support!