Today, I got to drive a...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-21-2011, 09:46 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2008 C63
Today, I got to drive a...

2011 Toyota Matrix base model.

I'm in BC on business, and just wanted to rent the cheapest thing that would get me to whistler and back on my free-day. Every once in a while, I second-guess myself as to whether or not I should be spending as much as I do on my C63. It's a ridiculously expensive hobby, and sometimes I lose sight of just how much joy it brings me.

Nevertheless, one day in a cheap, ball-less, ugly, econo-box, suv-minivan combination, and I have a newfound confidence in my very expensive hobby.

Thought I'd share this, as I know not everyone on this forum buys their C63 with their pocket change/dividend payout/tax return/small part of bonus.

(btw. saw a nice white c63 on Cambie at West broadway. Asian dude. If you're on here, nice car!)
Old 02-21-2011, 09:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Muskoka_AMG
(btw. saw a nice white c63 on Cambie at West broadway. Asian dude. If you're on here, nice car!)
Just about every (slightly exaggerated but you get the idea) C63 you see in Vancouver is driven by an Asian dude or his GF.
Old 02-21-2011, 10:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'15 E63S wagon
This is the "Swagger Wagon," yes? Sounds like a great way to recalibrate your "my car is a bada$$" sensor.

Sounds like you're living thin to drive the C63...scary stuff. Keep the warranty current and extend it if you plan to keep it after the factory one expires, or you'll be screwed.
Old 02-21-2011, 10:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
MB
OP, I've experienced what you're talking about in regards to missing the heck out of my C63 when I have to drive something crappy.

I get back into my car and I say, "thank G-d." I really love driving my car that much.

Back in 2001 I drove a Geo Metro with no power steering for six weeks as a rental. That wasn't pleasant.
Old 02-21-2011, 10:28 PM

2008 C63
Originally Posted by VCA_AMG
This is the "Swagger Wagon," yes? Sounds like a great way to recalibrate your "my car is a bada$$" sensor.

Sounds like you're living thin to drive the C63...scary stuff. Keep the warranty current and extend it if you plan to keep it after the factory one expires, or you'll be screwed.
I wouldn't call it "living thin" as I boarded Whistler today, and will be doing Lake Louise next weekend. However, I imagine much "thinner" than most on these boards.

There seems to be some deep pockets on these boards (or atleast e-deep pockets).
Old 02-22-2011, 02:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 C63
Originally Posted by Muskoka_AMG
I wouldn't call it "living thin" as I boarded Whistler today, and will be doing Lake Louise next weekend. However, I imagine much "thinner" than most on these boards.

There seems to be some deep pockets on these boards (or atleast e-deep pockets).
Definitely not deep pockets here, but if you love it you make it work.