Old 02-25-2011, 09:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 A8L, 2002 996TT X50, 2009 X5
Originally Posted by propain
Wow. Faster than mthis car on 91.
You mean quicker.

DD GT3 RD,

Congrats on the quick times to you and Jeremy. Were they inclines or declines? And, do you know the percentages?
Old 02-25-2011, 09:07 PM

'11 C63 w/ P31
Originally Posted by dodger63
Maybe
no? im sorry, i thought I recalled you saying that, maybe it was a discussion with andy on a diff forum...he was saying for vbox runs best to start in 3rd and that the times recorded from 1/4 mile wouldnt be as good cause the 2-3 shift
Old 02-25-2011, 09:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 A8L, 2002 996TT X50, 2009 X5
Originally Posted by _AMG_
8.58 is a very solid time!!
9.87 is also very quick for a stock C63.
Were these runs done on a leveled road or was there a slight incline or decline?

My buddy recently did A 60-130 in his 997 TT, with meth injection, Catless exhaust and Protomotive tune, (stock turbos) he got a 6.7.
His EVOMS 800hp 996TT is at 5.7 seconds. That car is BRUTAL!!!
Yeah, the quickest verified 60-130 times are pretty astounding. UGR TT Gallardo, 3.5 seconds. Switzer-modified R35 GT-R, 3.8 seconds. Several of the mega-HP 996/997 turbo builds are in the low 4's. It's almost mind-warping how fast that must be.
Old 02-25-2011, 09:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 61 Likes on 52 Posts
Steel Grey Metallic C63!!
Somehow, this has the makings to become a OE Tune vs. MHP issue.
Old 02-25-2011, 09:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2013 f250 6.7 diesel
You guys comparing all the time, there are way to many variables to compare, you take the tuners car himself! There is no way to compare, tire size can give an advantage? Everything is a variable! Weather weight? 1,000s of things. Enjoy your purchases that's the best thing to do..
Old 02-25-2011, 10:14 PM

'11 C63 w/ P31
You guys comparing all the time, there are way to many variables to compare, you take the tuners car himself! There is no way to compare, tire size can give an advantage? Everything is a variable! Weather weight? 1,000s of things. Enjoy your purchases that's the best thing to do..
exactly, different days, east coast and west coast, seats in and seats out, cf hood? so many things...

I also came from having an M3 and it was just constant bickering about who is better and trash talking on other companies on the forum.

It should all be done in a friendly manner. Obviously tuners want to try and beat other tuners times...but it should be done in a classy way. There is no need to trash talk. MHP makes some of the best products and have laid down the best times in the 1/4 and 60-130. I cant speak for Jeremy, but imo he was glad to be amongst there company in the vbox times. I know they have the top dragtimes spots as well, so its good to be in the company of some of the best. Just shows he is very capable and great at his job, as well as a true enthusiast. Its just motivation to get out there and run more!

This isnt the ****ing Highlander where

Old 02-25-2011, 10:15 PM

'11 C63 w/ P31
Originally Posted by c32AMG-DTM
You mean quicker.

DD GT3 RD,

Congrats on the quick times to you and Jeremy. Were they inclines or declines? And, do you know the percentages?
thanks! Not sure, I think around 0.6% decline...its shows the decline slope on the graph but I dont know how to read it.
Old 02-25-2011, 10:19 PM

'11 C63 w/ P31
Originally Posted by GHAZAN
^^^ if you know so much about OE, how bout you post pricing? forgot to say please...
No idea, try calling them.
Old 02-25-2011, 10:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2013 f250 6.7 diesel
Yea I agree, it doesn't seem to be rocket science, take out the restrictions on this monster motor.. Make big power that can eat almost every car on the road.. We should all applaud ourselves on making a good decision in the cars we bought.. And let the tuners fight each other.
Old 02-25-2011, 11:22 PM

C63 AMG
Congrats! to everyone that's even hitting 8 seconds+.
Old 02-26-2011, 12:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
See Sig
Thats racing dude. Without comparing whos faster or quicker there is no reason to race.

Its like others saying you currently dont hold the top spot because there are to many variables to compare with anyone slower than you. Being #1 means everyone is going to compare to you and compete with you. It goes with the teritory.
Old 02-26-2011, 01:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2013 f250 6.7 diesel
Thats racing dude. Without comparing whos faster or quicker there is no reason to race.

Its like others saying you currently dont hold the top spot because there are to many variables to compare with anyone slower than you. Being #1 means everyone is going to compare to you and compete with you. It goes with the teritory.
Yes exactly it's racing. But line 2 cars next to each other and that's racing not what Joe smo in Texas did compared to someone in Idaho. Comparing over the computer is not racing.. Line up and go my the best man win.. Allot of people are harping over tunes I'm sure they are all good
Old 02-26-2011, 02:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 64 Likes on 46 Posts
CLS63 PP
nice Times.. but Dodger is right...Without 2 cars next to each other in the same conditions, comparisions are useless...Everybody to Timmayfest!!!
Old 02-26-2011, 04:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
Originally Posted by KLR CLS
nice Times.. but Dodger is right...Without 2 cars next to each other in the same conditions, comparisions are useless...Everybody to Timmayfest!!!
Yes exactly it's racing. But line 2 cars next to each other and that's racing not what Joe smo in Texas did compared to someone in Idaho. Comparing over the computer is not racing.. Line up and go my the best man win.. Allot of people are harping over tunes I'm sure they are all good
I agree. We are not "racing" each other. We are racing a clock. Thats why many prefer street racing. It adds real world conditions all around. Until we start lining up side by side and using the tree we are just going for times.

When you go for times there will always be different conditions so therefor I guess you cant proclaim to be the quickest or fastest ever unless its same time, same day, same track, same tires, same tire wear, same weight driver.... ect ect.... Im being sarcastic of course because I do think those times can still stand.

This is nothing to do with tune vs tune. Like Mike said, they are all good and all unlock big power in the C63. Its just how fast or quick everyone is going and recording those numbers. If the numbers are worthless to compare to each other than I guess making any kind of list of what car does what is useless. A real race as Mike said adds another variable however... Driver error, and that's what makes racing a sport and a world apart from only chasing numbers.

Last edited by propain; 02-26-2011 at 04:03 PM.
Old 02-27-2011, 01:32 AM

'11 C63 w/ P31
Originally Posted by emericr
Where are you getting your comparo numbers from?
I find hard to believe that we would be 1 second faster than an F50/997TT and 2.5 seconds faster than a GTR/GT500.
Something does not look right.
found this as well...

9.99 - Divexxtreme / stock 2010 GT

and divexxtreme has tons of runs under his belt, he has the fastest recorded stock Z06 run as well...

7.86 - Divexxtreme / Stock C6 Z06 / 2-shifts

so he is really good at these runs and best he got in his GTR stock was 9.99... but I think with a tune exhaust and some minor mods he is near 7sec flat

pretty cool a C63 w/ p31 is faster than the GTR, untill the new model is out
Old 02-27-2011, 01:49 AM

C63 AMG
DD you planning on getting headers?
Old 02-27-2011, 02:03 AM

'11 C63 w/ P31
Originally Posted by PistolWhipC63
DD you planning on getting headers?
I dont, Ive spent a lot of money on my last few cars...will just get a tune.
Although I know myself and I get the itch!!!! So if I do mod the exhaust, maybe just try the Gintani headers on stock exhaust or just their exhaust with no headers.

But I also would love to see if I ran the same set up as jeremy if my car would be stronger or not
Old 02-27-2011, 05:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2013 f250 6.7 diesel
I think you are confused about the lists and what they mean? It puts a baseline let's call it on the potential of wht this car can do with certain mods? Everytime I look at a new car in a magazine or whatever first thing I look at is performance, 0-60 1/4 mile handling, does that mean I could get that particular car to do those times, no/maybe it just gives you a basis to compare, a tuned headered c63 mthis can run 11.9 in good weather, does that mean every tuned headered c63 has the potential to do that yes 100% will they most likely not, the list and comparisons are only that, my car seems to pull a high 10.0 every run on the track at 130+, every c63 has it in it..

Off subject. At Sebring these cars dads, hhughes and mine are complete complete animals, seems like between the 3 of us down here at the track running at this Porsche club event are surprising many people, this isn't labeled as a (race) but obviously coming out of a turn in the straightaway and having to let off with a TT Porsche or zo6 in front of you is a great feeling. Needless to say I think all c63s should be tuned and headered

I agree. We are not "racing" each other. We are racing a clock. Thats why many prefer street racing. It adds real world conditions all around. Until we start lining up side by side and using the tree we are just going for times.

When you go for times there will always be different conditions so therefor I guess you cant proclaim to be the quickest or fastest ever unless its same time, same day, same track, same tires, same tire wear, same weight driver.... ect ect.... Im being sarcastic of course because I do think those times can still stand.

This is nothing to do with tune vs tune. Like Mike said, they are all good and all unlock big power in the C63. Its just how fast or quick everyone is going and recording those numbers. If the numbers are worthless to compare to each other than I guess making any kind of list of what car does what is useless. A real race as Mike said adds another variable however... Driver error, and that's what makes racing a sport and a world apart from only chasing numbers.
Old 02-27-2011, 09:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
I think you are confused about the lists and what they mean? It puts a baseline let's call it on the potential of wht this car can do with certain mods? Everytime I look at a new car in a magazine or whatever first thing I look at is performance, 0-60 1/4 mile handling, does that mean I could get that particular car to do those times, no/maybe it just gives you a basis to compare, a tuned headered c63 mthis can run 11.9 in good weather, does that mean every tuned headered c63 has the potential to do that yes 100% will they most likely not, the list and comparisons are only that, my car seems to pull a high 10.0 every run on the track at 130+, every c63 has it in it..

Off subject. At Sebring these cars dads, hhughes and mine are complete complete animals, seems like between the 3 of us down here at the track running at this Porsche club event are surprising many people, this isn't labeled as a (race) but obviously coming out of a turn in the straightaway and having to let off with a TT Porsche or zo6 in front of you is a great feeling. Needless to say I think all c63s should be tuned and headered
I'm not confused about the list or what it means, I know its a baseline. I don't take it as law. Just potential. When I shop for cars or parts for cars I look at the overall potential based on what people have achieved with them. Most people wont see those numbers, I agree, but its nice to know the potential is there.

OE's car running quicker than Mthis's car in this instance tells people that a tuned + race exhaust C63 can potentially be quicker or just as quick as that tune + header. "Potentially" and under the right conditions. That gives people more choices and more piece of mind when making a purchase they want to be happy with.

Good stuff about Sebring! I agree about the tune + header in the C63. I wish for us daily drivers it wouldn't void the warranty or it would have been done by many already.

Last edited by propain; 02-27-2011 at 09:40 AM.
Old 02-27-2011, 09:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2013 f250 6.7 diesel
A tune voids the warranty much faster then headers or exhust,

The (race) exhust they have basically does what the long tube headers do remove the bottle neck in the system. You cannot compare thr OE tuned exhust car to mthis car.. They should in real life prob almost have the same power.. Again we are taking the tuner himselves car I like Jeremy and what he's doing is great but I would take that with a grain of salt.. We need more independent results from different cars..

I'm not confused about the list or what it means, I know its a baseline. I don't take it as law. Just potential. When I shop for cars or parts for cars I look at the overall potential based on what people have achieved with them. Most people wont see those numbers, I agree, but its nice to know the potential is there.

OE's car running quicker than Mthis's car in this instance tells people that a tuned + race exhaust C63 from OE tuning can potentially be quicker or just as quick as that tune + header. "Potentially" and under the right conditions. That gives people more choices and more piece of mind when making a purchase they want to be happy with.

Good stuff about Sebring! I agree about the tune + header in the C63. I wish for us daily drivers it wouldn't void the warranty or it would have been done by many already.
Old 02-27-2011, 10:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
A tune voids the warranty much faster then headers or exhust,

The (race) exhust they have basically does what the long tube headers do remove the bottle neck in the system. You cannot compare thr OE tuned exhust car to mthis car.. They should in real life prob almost have the same power.. Again we are taking the tuner himselves car I like Jeremy and what he's doing is great but I would take that with a grain of salt.. We need more independent results from different cars..

The tune can easily be reversed before bringing it to the shop. I don't think anyone would want to replace their stock exhaust every time something goes wrong with the car.

"You cannot compare the OE tuned exhaust car to Mthis Car"

Why?

"Again we are taking the tuner himselves car I like Jeremy and what he's doing is great but I would take that with a grain of salt"

Why? You have said this multiple times and I wondering why. Are you saying he is doing something shady to manipulate the results in his favor to sell tunes or show results that are not to be expected from another car with the "same" setup.
Old 02-27-2011, 10:37 AM

Supercharged E92 M3
8.58 sec on a 60-130 is a crazy time!

nice JOB
Old 02-27-2011, 10:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts
Anything W/4Wheels
The tune can easily be reversed before bringing it to the shop. I don't think anyone would want to replace their stock exhaust every time something goes wrong with the car.

"You cannot compare the OE tuned exhaust car to Mthis Car"

Why?

"Again we are taking the tuner himselves car I like Jeremy and what he's doing is great but I would take that with a grain of salt"

Why? You have said this multiple times and I wondering why. Are you saying he is doing something shady to manipulate the results in his favor to sell tunes or show results that are not to be expected from another car with the "same" setup.
i think mike is thinking about there downpipe with full exhaust system not ther headers
Old 02-27-2011, 10:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
Originally Posted by mthis
i think mike is thinking about there downpipe with full exhaust system not ther headers
Ahh, are you just running headers with cat deletes or full race exhaust now?
Old 02-27-2011, 11:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts
Anything W/4Wheels
Ahh, are you just running headers with cat deletes or full race exhaust now?
no race exhaust, you crazy i cant drive that every day.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Vbox 60-130 OE Tune C63 w/ Gintani Headers + Full Exhaust vs Stock C63 w/ P31