Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Eurocharged C63 AMG Flash - $749.99!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-01-2011, 01:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GT3
He was in a JB4 tuned 135i. He used to have a fully modded 335i but now is playing with the 135i. I had been in the car a while back and its super quick especially when he runs it on I think he said 17psi(map5). I actually was a little concerned But he kept saying how he has never been beat by a C63 so I figured it was time. He was so confident he said he wanted to video tape it. I of course said "you should" I destroyed him from the dig and then he wanted hwy rolls. He even put it on map 5 and I took the camera man No luck, I pulled him every time by quite a bit. He is a good guy but like all of us hates losing Im so happy with this tune its ridiculous. It pulls solid to 180 with not one hiccup. All those runs were done with a full tank of gas and spare tire etc all in place btw. Only mod is tune and cf hood. I have since then removed the trunk junk and the Braille battery should be here any day. The tune changes everything about this car and I cant speak highly enough about it. 100% the best mod I have ever done to any car. It is so much more enjoyable now. My hat is off to Jerry.

Here is the vid...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ud8zHTDZCMk

Last edited by Most-Wanted; 04-01-2011 at 01:28 PM.
Old 04-01-2011, 01:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'16 GTS Solar
Man...I have been so tempted to hop on this but I'm paranoid about voiding my warranty :-/
Old 04-01-2011, 02:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63, Grigio Medio E46 M3
Originally Posted by BK63amg
Man...I have been so tempted to hop on this but I'm paranoid about voiding my warranty :-/
Only voids the warranty, if the tune itself was the cause of whatever issue comes up. Than they have to prove that the tune did it.
Old 04-01-2011, 02:21 PM

GT3
Just find a decent dealer thats understanding. My service advisor knows my car is tuned. I went and took him for a ride. He even tells the tech to talk with him before they do any updates to the ecu and he always uses one tech that knows my cars. The voiding warranty is a difficult debate. Only you can judge your situation. Jerry I believe can also flash it back stock if you needed to bring it in for a warranty job. I never leave any of my cars stock so it's a risk I am always willing to take. Bottom line is they need to prove the tune is at fault. In most cases they will do the first claim as a courtesy even if they feel otherwise. They will make you sign something that clears them from future occurrences. Been there done that most important thing is to enjoy your car.
Old 04-01-2011, 02:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'16 GTS Solar
Originally Posted by Most-Wanted
Just find a decent dealer thats understanding. My service advisor knows my car is tuned. I went and took him for a ride. He even tells the tech to talk with him before they do any updates to the ecu and he always uses one tech that knows my cars. The voiding warranty is a difficult debate. Only you can judge your situation. Jerry I believe can also flash it back stock if you needed to bring it in for a warranty job. I never leave any of my cars stock so it's a risk I am always willing to take. Bottom line is they need to prove the tune is at fault. In most cases they will do the first claim as a courtesy even if they feel otherwise. They will make you sign something that clears them from future occurrences. Been there done that most important thing is to enjoy your car.
I agree that it is ideal to find a dealer that is understanding, however, I had a warranty issue like this with my Infiniti several years ago. I had an intake and exhaust on my car - the engine was known for oil consumption issues...I had some pinging and knocking over the course of a week but at the time, wasn't knowledgeable enough to bring the car in immediately. Long and short is I was driving home one night (not even pushing it, and I heard some weird noises, next thing I know I smelling burning and hear a pop.

Engine blown, lose all power to the car (steering, brakes, etc.) and plow thru a toll booth plaza. Thankfully, nobody was injured. Have car towed to dealer the next day, they tell me that I voided my warranty with intake and exhaust because they "probably" overworked my engine causing failure.

I know this is BS and they know this is BS - the service advisor even told me that had I removed the intake/exhaust before bringing the car in, they would have honored my warranty, but that because of the modifications, it had been voided. Could I have taken the issue further with corporate and getting a lawyer? Probably, but I did not have the time or patience required - I paid my comprehensive deductable and got a new engine...

I just don't want to be stuck in a similar situation if God-forbid, I experience some kind of mechanical failure and the dealer tries to blame the tune. I'm still traumatized...

Apologies to Jerry didnt mean to thread jack...inspite of this all, I'm still dying for a tune!
Old 04-01-2011, 03:03 PM

2009 C63, 2.5 Suby RS, Evo 8
They will void the warranty only if you tell them or somehow they can prove that the ecu was the cause like the rest have mentioned. Most of the time they can't tell. If something bad were to happen, just overnight the ecu to Jerry and flash it back to stock. Much easier than removing exhaust or intake mods.
Old 04-01-2011, 03:27 PM

E350, W140 S, C63, G55, 420SEL, Prius, Dune Buggy, Ducati
What do I need to send and where is it located on the car? Tools to remove?
Old 04-01-2011, 05:35 PM

GT3
Originally Posted by sprfrkr
What do I need to send and where is it located on the car? Tools to remove?
No tools needed. If your facing the car it is on the left side underneath a plastic box up by the firewall/windshield. There are 3 metal clips holding it in place. Below it is the ecu. It sits in three grommets so all you have to do is pull it out of the grommets and there are two ecu plugs. There is a fastner on each. Just slide the fastner and it actually will push the plug off the ecu. Very easy and straight forward. Get with Jerry. I sent him mine Tuesday and he received it Wed. He flashed it and put it right back in for over night and I had it before 10:30am on Thurs.
Old 04-02-2011, 11:11 AM

2010 Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG
Hello I just got my 2010 C63 AMG and i dont know much about tuning on gas cars (had a Spartan tuned diesel) any way does mercedas still cover warranty work after the car has been tuned? and how does tuning affect the dependability of this car? can the stock ECU tune be put back on it?. My friend just had his crosfire tuned here in Florida by yall and he is very happy with it so I am wanting to have mine done too.
Old 04-06-2011, 08:52 AM

2009 C63, 2.5 Suby RS, Evo 8
Just got mine back yesterday and the car feels great. Notices a huge gain from mid range to top. The car drives more smoothly and throttle response is better. Jerry got me the ecu back pretty quick. Would've been quicker if USPS did their job. Anyhow, I'm happy with the tune, this deal is a very good deal. I can't justify paying more than 1k for a mail flash. My advice for others is to jump on this and get your car tuned! I've driven a lot of fast cars and right now the car feels like a high 11s or low 12s depending on conditions. I'll take it to the track soon and see how she'll do. If I can trap around 119mph, I'll be happy. That should put the car to around high 300's whp.
Old 04-06-2011, 01:46 PM

2009 C63 AMG
Got mine today - thanks Jerry.

Around town I don't notice much except some improved throttle response. I can't tell if that's from the tune or simply a result of the ECU being reset since I had not reset it since buying the car used.

At WOT, it's most certainly noticeable. The shifts are also firmer and overall the car feels great. All I did before installing the ECU was to put a bit of silicone to seal up the ECU. I saw a thread in the W204 C-Class area where a guy's ECU got some water in it after at it was opened up for a tune, so I figured I may as well do it as a precaution. I thought I had tire wear issues before the tune. Oops.

Great bang for the buck and awesome service. I sent the ECU Monday, and got it back at 9:45 AM on Wednesday.
Old 04-06-2011, 03:17 PM

C63
Originally Posted by Most-Wanted
Yikes, what a beat down
Old 04-06-2011, 04:18 PM

10 C63
Originally Posted by SPE3D
Just got mine back yesterday and the car feels great. Notices a huge gain from mid range to top. The car drives more smoothly and throttle response is better. Jerry got me the ecu back pretty quick. Would've been quicker if USPS did their job. Anyhow, I'm happy with the tune, this deal is a very good deal. I can't justify paying more than 1k for a mail flash. My advice for others is to jump on this and get your car tuned! I've driven a lot of fast cars and right now the car feels like a high 11s or low 12s depending on conditions. I'll take it to the track soon and see how she'll do. If I can trap around 119mph, I'll be happy. That should put the car to around high 300's whp.
Yo Mase is that you?? Can you help me remove the ECU? I think I'm going to get the tune!!
Old 04-06-2011, 05:36 PM

C63
Originally Posted by pdjafari
Yo Mase is that you?? Can you help me remove the ECU? I think I'm going to get the tune!!
It really is easy and it is childs play compared to the 335. You don't even need any tools.
Old 04-06-2011, 05:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 432 Likes on 355 Posts
2012 C63;1971 280SE 3.5(Sold);2023 EQS 450 SUV 4 Matic (Wife's)
Get hold of Jerry and he will be happy to send you instructions to remove the ECU.
Old 04-06-2011, 06:52 PM

2009 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by pdjafari
To remove the ECU is very easy.

1. Open the hood.
2. Facing the engine compartment, locate the black air plenum located behind the right strut tower.
3. The air plenum has three clips. One on each side, and one located in the middle. Unclip them and lift the air plenum up and slightly forward to remove.
4. This will expose the ECU and it's associated wiring harness. There are two multi-pin connectors which must be removed. To do this, carefully grab onto the engine harness for one of the connectors and lift the wiring up towards you so that it's coming out of the ECU connector nice and straight. With your other hand, reach under the harness and you'll feel a movable portion of the connector. Pull the connector outwards (the large one goes towards the engine, the small one goes towards the fender). As you slide it outwards, the connector will be forced off the ECU. If you find the sliding piece won't move very far, it's most likely contacting the harness which is why I state to lift it up a bit go give clearance so the connector release mechanism can slide past and below the engine harness for either connector. Repeat for the other connector.
5. The ECU sits on it's bracket using four mounting legs which are held in place through rubber grommets. Simply lift the ECU straight up from it's associated bracket and the feet will pop right out of the rubber grommets.
6. Pack the ECU very securely and safely for shipping.

I can't see removing the ECU taking more than five minutes for the average person. If you're still working on it 30 minutes later, chances are you don't need a tune.

Once you get it back...
Old 04-06-2011, 06:54 PM

10 C63
Originally Posted by all8up
It really is easy and it is childs play compared to the 335. You don't even need any tools.
Hmm, in that case I'll go for it. I did a BBK on my 335 and a JB3 I should hope to handle this then!!
Old 05-03-2011, 06:51 PM

Received 23 Likes on 5 Posts
C63 Black Series, Magno Alanite Grey
Am I late to the game here ? Was hoping this special is still on......

Mr Jerry ?
Old 05-03-2011, 07:13 PM
SPONSOR

Received 129 Likes on 92 Posts
C63S
Faraz - Long time no talk!

Let's touch base tomorrow....I'll call you.

Originally Posted by Faraz
Am I late to the game here ? Was hoping this special is still on......

Mr Jerry ?
Old 05-10-2011, 11:23 PM

C63 2011
Pm sent
Old 05-13-2011, 12:21 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2014 991s, 2015 macan turbo, 2018 c63s
So price is still 750?
Old 05-13-2011, 01:51 PM

2019 Audi TT RS, 2020 BMW X3M Competition
I guess I'm late to the game too but definitely interested if it's still $750!
Old 05-13-2011, 09:55 PM

2008 C63 AMG
Hell I'm a newbie here, just got my car Thursday. But if it's still 750, PM me the instructions. If you're in Houston, send me directions and I'll just swing by.

Last edited by niceguyyy01; 05-13-2011 at 10:02 PM.