*SIGH* another ticket.... or 3.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-17-2011, 03:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
'15 E63S wagon
Originally Posted by Oliverk
um, it has nothing to do with being a model citizen. I speed all the time, but I know that if i get caught, I'm screwed.

you seem to not understand that 16mph over is a 4 point ticket and what most cops would consider "more than a little over the speed limit"

oh and

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVnplh7gnlU
classic
Old 03-17-2011, 10:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 381 Likes on 237 Posts
2010 Irridium Silver MB C63 AMG Sedan
Um yeah, when you start a thread with "**sigh**", you are looking for sympathy. Now I kind of feel stupid for showing you sympathy and feeling your pain with the attitude and cockiness you have been showing....so don't act like a tough guy saying you were not looking for any sympathy. I consider myself a good hearted person but I can't stand a snide, ungrateful person especially when you extend the olive branch to them....

Last edited by ZephyrAMG; 03-17-2011 at 10:30 AM.
Old 03-17-2011, 02:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
MB
Originally Posted by jvanbrecht
Jammers of any kind are illegal, this has nothing to do with state or county laws. Use of jamming equipment is a violation of Federal law, and will get you into serious trouble.
I'm not trying to be rude, I'm just curious, what kind of federal law prohibits laser jammers?

Off the top of my head -- and I'm not saying this is the case -- it seems individual States would want to have the final say about what traffic-related laws are in force in their respective territory.
Old 03-17-2011, 02:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
MB
Originally Posted by jvanbrecht
Drawde, this sometimes works, sometimes does not.. What you can do is ask for a continuance, maybe twice, in many cases, odds are when you do show up to your court case, the officer may not. It is worth a try.. works in VA and MD (don't know anyone in DC who has tried).

In general, when officers write out tickets, they have a specific day in traffic court (or 2 days) for each officer. The back end computer systems automatically determine the date they put on the ticket. However, when you request a continuance, in many cases the next court date may not be one of the default ones identified for that officer, which would require him to remove himself from active patrol to attend court. Sometimes the officers don't show, resulting in a dismissal of all charges.

It's an option, it may or may not work, and it may also **** off the officer if he does decide to show up to court

I still maintain, you should fix the problems with your car, especially before you show up to court (as someone else said), show up with the receipts, and the judge will most likely drop the charges on those violations. But do remember what I said previously, a history of these charges will show up, the more times you get a ticket for the same thing (plate and tint), the more likely the judge will come down on you harshly...
Very sound advice.