C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

KLEEMANN C63 headers for $995!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-22-2011, 06:04 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C63 AMG Coupe P31
Originally Posted by Sincity
With K2 on a C63, you need to cut and weld onto the stock downpipe. Not sure if anyone has cut and clamped them on yet.
I asked this question to the shop and they said that the cutting and welding is a cinch and they can convert it back to stock. as for cutting and clamping.....I dont see any reason why you couldnt do this. Its just a matter of doing it
Old 03-22-2011, 07:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'09 C63 Performance Package - Steel Grey/Sahara Biege
Observation: As someone who's been craving a set of headers but kept out of the market due to price, according to the time stamps on the threads it took less then 4 hours for Kleeman to sell all of their available sets.

Seems we found the "fly off the shelves" price point.
Old 03-22-2011, 07:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
2016 C63 S
That's an awesome price for a great mod....

Now if the other manufacturers joined suit and got off the whole "cost of R&D and development" high horse, we would have long tubes and mid pipes for $2000/set...and imagine how many they would sell across the 63 platform

There has been more R&D and development in these threads and Super's sticky post

I think everyone is was past the point of believing that a set of headers should cost $8000
Old 03-22-2011, 07:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2013 f250 6.7 diesel
It's like everything else there getting rid of there old inventory to make room for the new model.

Originally Posted by callmiro
That's an awesome price for a great mod....

Now if the other manufacturers joined suit and got off the whole "cost of R&D and development" high horse, we would have long tubes and mid pipes for $2000/set...and imagine how many they would sell across the 63 platform

There has been more R&D and development in these threads and Super's sticky post

I think everyone is was past the point of believing that a set of headers should cost $8000
Old 03-22-2011, 08:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
2016 C63 S
Originally Posted by dodger63
It's like everything else there getting rid of there old inventory to make room for the new model.
Totally get it...

But it just proves that a good price point moves volume....and gets more of your product on more cars

Plus over 2400 views on a 1 day post

Last edited by callmiro; 03-22-2011 at 08:10 PM.
Old 03-22-2011, 08:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2013 f250 6.7 diesel
Originally Posted by callmiro
Totally get it...

But it just proves that a good price point moves volume....and gets more of your product on more cars
It just shows that people that spend 60-70,000 on a AMG cause it's handbuilt this and that, when they go to upgrade it to get more power that the cheaper the better. Idk for me proven results are more valuable then a cheaper price point, but who am I!
Old 03-22-2011, 09:22 PM

C63 AMG Coupe P31
It just shows that people that spend 60-70,000 on a AMG cause it's handbuilt this and that, when they go to upgrade it to get more power that the cheaper the better. Idk for me proven results are more valuable then a cheaper price point, but who am I!
LOL, dodger. Im getting the impression that this thread has touched a nerve with you.

I really wasnt going to modify my car when I bought it but with the discounted prices I have found on this site....Ive been talked into it. Im by no means trying to break your 1/4 mile record. In fact, I will probably never even have my car on a drag strip. I just wanted to buy some toys for the car, have fun with them and I couldnt resist the price.

Some of us dont want headers on our cars, even if they are superior in hp gains. But I do think that the MB headers are priced a bit high. Alot of people on this site dont have to worry about money so I believe thats a big reason they are so expensive. If I was turning my car into a race car, I would get the MHP headers but I can speak for alot of people in saying "We dont want a race car" just a few simple modifications that are fun to do
Old 03-22-2011, 09:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2013 f250 6.7 diesel
It kinda does cause people steer people in the wrong direction on this forum.. I'll but out now, but if it was me buying that log style manifold and spending $1,000 to install idk I just really feel that someone that's not serious about huge power could find a better mod not friendly and easier to instal? That's all sorry

Originally Posted by CELLryuu
LOL, dodger. Im getting the impression that this thread has touched a nerve with you.

I really wasnt going to modify my car when I bought it but with the discounted prices I have found on this site....Ive been talked into it. Im by no means trying to break your 1/4 mile record. In fact, I will probably never even have my car on a drag strip. I just wanted to buy some toys for the car, have fun with them and I couldnt resist the price.

Some of us dont want headers on our cars, even if they are superior in hp gains. But I do think that the MB headers are priced a bit high. Alot of people on this site dont have to worry about money so I believe thats a big reason they are so expensive. If I was turning my car into a race car, I would get the MHP headers but I can speak for alot of people in saying "We dont want a race car" just a few simple modifications that are fun to do
Old 03-23-2011, 12:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
It kinda does cause people steer people in the wrong direction on this forum.. I'll but out now, but if it was me buying that log style manifold and spending $1,000 to install idk I just really feel that someone that's not serious about huge power could find a better mod not friendly and easier to instal? That's all sorry
Not really. Not everyone here has the budget or the intention to build the rawest/fastest C63. Don't forget that Kleemann has sold many of these in the mid $2k price point so I am VERY happy to get them for little over $1k shipped. Isn't $1k about the price that FMU wanted for their DPs? With DPs and stock manifolds, you are still left with the restrictive OEM primary pipe diameter. What would be really interesting is DPs made to be used with the K2 manifolds.

Plus, I don't think I can live with the noise factor of LTs. And to make them headers pass smog, you have to spend close to $4k for a set of headers with primary cats. IIRC, bhamg told me that his primary cats cost him about 20 whp (he'll have to correct me if I'm wrong) in conjunction with his MBH headers which puts it pretty close in power with K2. It's all about compromise.

Isn't installation around $500-$600?

Originally Posted by CELLryuu
Dodger is just a hardcore enthusiast in a good way. He has shown us what can be done with our C63.

Last edited by Sincity; 03-23-2011 at 12:49 AM.
Old 03-23-2011, 01:15 AM

C63 AMG Coupe P31

Isn't installation around $500-$600?
Mine is going to be $750

Dodger is just a hardcore enthusiast in a good way. He has shown us what can be done with our C63.
Old 03-23-2011, 12:53 PM
63c

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2009 c63 + 2017 coupe c63 edition1
well i dont want to start this !! "goodluck"
Old 03-23-2011, 02:40 PM

'09 C63 Performance Package - Steel Grey/Sahara Biege
What would be really interesting is DPs made to be used with the K2 manifolds.
Yeah, what would be even more interesting would be to put the k2 manifolds with the DPs and then a 100 octane tune.

Whenever the Kleeman LTHs come out, it would be interesting to see their results when mated to a more aggressive tune.

Last edited by clktoc63; 03-23-2011 at 03:18 PM. Reason: Clarity
Old 03-23-2011, 02:50 PM

'11 C63 w/ P31
Give up ...some people mod just to mod, some people mod just to part there car at a car meet and never drive it, let alone fast or on any type of track. I know guys who have put blowers on their car, roll bars, race suspension, big brake kits and never ever need or use them. I just dont get it!

This is something people like you and I will never get.
Old 03-23-2011, 03:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by clktoc63
Yeah, what would be even more interesting would be to put the k2 manifolds with the DPs and then a 100 octane tune.

Whenever the Kleeman LTHs come out, it would be interesting to see their results when mated to a less conservative tune.
Like Vath?

Originally Posted by DD GT3 RD
Give up ...some people mod just to mod, some people mod just to part there car at a car meet and never drive it, let alone fast or on any type of track. I know guys who have put blowers on their car, roll bars, race suspension, big brake kits and never ever need or use them. I just dont get it!

This is something people like you and I will never get.
Sounds like me. I probably have the lowest mileage C63 amongst the active members in this forum. In almost 2 years of ownership, I just barely hit 3k miles recently.
Attached Thumbnails KLEEMANN C63 headers for 5!!-vaeth_fk_manifolds.jpg  
Old 03-23-2011, 03:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MB
Like Vath?

Sounds like me. I probably have the lowest mileage C63 amongst the active members in this forum. In almost 2 years of ownership, I just barely hit 3k miles recently.
I think I might just have mileage envy. Take a road trip once you get the exhaust work done. jk
Old 03-23-2011, 04:39 PM
63c

2009 c63 + 2017 coupe c63 edition1
OHHH GAD, some ppl dont know this its manifolds not headers well give you 2too5Hp with ECU add 30 to 40 that all.

*i did try all this Manifolds and ecu its ; ; what a waste of money
Old 03-23-2011, 05:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

^ I think we are all aware that these are log manifolds and not tube headers and they produce nowhere the power of tube headers without cats. Your 2-5 hp claim is a bit on the low side. Superlubricity had PLM log exhaust manifolds mated to stock DPs/cats and netted over 10 WHP.
Old 03-23-2011, 06:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MB
Originally Posted by 63c
OHHH GAD, some ppl dont know this its manifolds not headers well give you 2too5Hp with ECU add 30 to 40 that all.

It's customary to describe even log manifolds as headers. When used that way, specificity is lacking, but the point still gets across, and most of the time people don't even bat an eye.
Old 03-23-2011, 06:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 66 Likes on 49 Posts
'08 C63 Estate
How is that even possible? That gives an avg of 4miles a day.

I seem to be on the other end of the spectrum...
Just over two years and I will hit 120'000km next week.
Old 03-23-2011, 06:54 PM

C63 AMG Coupe P31
Originally Posted by olszowa12

Im there with you SinCity, I just figured up my mileage and im at 20 miles a day and the C63 is my daily driver. I live next to a village so its easier for me to just walk then drive 300 feet lol. There will be some weeks where the car doesnt leave the garage for 4 days. I make up for lost time though when I get her out on the highway
Old 03-23-2011, 06:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
MBUSA
And they are all probably worth the same used +/- a few...who you saving it for your kid? lol
Old 03-23-2011, 07:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MB
Originally Posted by GHAZAN
And they are all probably worth the same used +/- a few...who you saving it for your kid? lol
Not laughing at you, Sincity, I just thought that was funny.
Old 03-23-2011, 07:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by olszowa12

I guess I was wrong. I haven't even hit 3k miles yet! Proof of Life style (paper from yesterday):

Sonny: No prob . It does seem weird that I hardly have any mileage. I wanted the car so bad and when I got it, it just sits in the garage while I pay insurance on it every 6 mos. I need to drive it more often on our LA runs. Problem is that the seats make my sciatica act up on any drive over 2 hrs.

Ghazan: We don't have kids nor do we plan to have any so it would probably go to the niece or my best friend's son.

I just measured the inner diameter of the primary Kleemann pipe and it is 2.32" vs 1.849" OEM as measured by Superlubricity.
Attached Thumbnails KLEEMANN C63 headers for 5!!-img_1769.jpg  

Last edited by Sincity; 03-23-2011 at 07:43 PM.
Old 03-23-2011, 07:33 PM

2012 E63 PP, 2012 Ferrari 458, 2012 Boxster S
Originally Posted by 63c

OK... time for your meds.

As documented in my dyne chart above a Kleemann tune and manifolds/headers will net you close to 70 hp at the wheels.

LTHs can produce upwards of 100 hp +

Nobody is claiming it's identical power gains just that it's a very price competitive alternative.

Ken
Old 03-23-2011, 08:50 PM

C63 AMG Coupe P31
I just measured the inner diameter of the primary Kleemann pipe and it is 2.32" vs 1.849" OEM as measured by Superlubricity.
I got mine today but I had them mailed to the tuning shop, so I dont get to see them until my appointment. On top of that, we had to push the install date back a week oh well, thats life.

And I scheduled the dyno also for a before and after.

Edit: btw, I just found out that the dyno is a Side-by-Side Duelling Mustang Dynamometer that can simulate drag races. That sounds like fun.

Here is a link to a picture of it. Check out the christmas tree in the middle

http://www.autoscope.net/motorsports/dynamometer/

Last edited by CELLryuu; 03-23-2011 at 08:58 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: KLEEMANN C63 headers for $995!!