C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Brake pads.. where to get the various brands question.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-07-2011 | 09:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2017 Mini Cooper S Clubman ALL4 - British Racing Green
Brake pads.. where to get the various brands question.

There have been plenty of threads on what pads to get for whatever application.. but outside of stock, EBC.. where the hell do you get the other brands (for folks in the US).

For example, I am looking at getting the Dixcel pads, part number 115 1839 (rear) and 111 1291 (front), but I cannot for the life of me find the item outside of the Dixcel website.. I have found 1 company that ships online and lists prices in USD, but its a japanese company, and the parts they stock are mostly for Subs and Mitso's...

So.. the question is.. where do I get them (either the M or Premium series.. I have not decided on which ones I want specificially...)

Other then the 3 brands I listed (Dixcel, OEM and EBC), who else makes decent pads for our cars.... (I could go search.. but I will admit.. I am slightly lazy), and more importantly... where can they be purchased...
Old 04-07-2011 | 01:34 PM
Banned

07 RS4 sold, R53 Cooper S, 2008 Cayman S, 2012 GTR
https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...alled-now.html
Old 04-07-2011 | 01:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2017 Mini Cooper S Clubman ALL4 - British Racing Green
Interesting, those appear to be similar to the dixcel ones.. in fact.. the web site, while different visually, appears to have almost an identical information layout as the Dixcel site... Do I suspect that they are the same company (or at least an american company licensing the technology or resale partner???)

I noticed that the endless premium pads do not appear to have the same initial abrasive surface that the dixcel counterparts have to potentially level out the rotors slightly. Mine are not warped, or have excessive wear, but there is some slight surface wear..
Old 04-07-2011 | 06:42 PM

Mercedes C63 amg, Bmw X5,
I need to get a pair of front brake pads too. But I dont know from where to get them in Europe...If I go with OEM mercedes brake pads, they are going to cost me 560$(400Eur) no labor inculded. Now I honestly think thats a RIP OFF! I wish someone could tell me where to get cheaper brake pads without sacrificing performance.