C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

Big help needed with my issue guys! Suggestions please...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-01-2011, 06:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63 AMG
Big help needed with my issue guys! Suggestions please...

hey guys hope all is well!! I took my car few weeks back to the dealer kuz I got my check engine light on so they checked it and said the throttle boddies weren't working well! So they changed that under warranty and took the car and when I go full throttle ay high revs the car kinda clogs or gets heavy so took it back and they checked it out and turns out my primary cats are blocked from the inside! I have the kleeman k2 manifolds and the cats off course now the kleeman cats are the ones blocked, what I need is a solution to get rid of the primary cats and 2nd cats so I don't have this problem again because it happend to me last year aswell and kleeman replaced the cats under warranty! So my question is what is the best solution for me to get rid of the primarys and the 2nd cats, and I'm sure I must gain some hp which I am really looking forward to! And one last thing I don't want any cels thrown on my dash!? So guys what should I do! Thanks and would really appreciate your help with the best cheapest solution, and do you think I should custom make the exhaust from the kleeman manifolds to the resonators!?? Thanks again...
Old 05-01-2011, 06:26 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C63 AMG Coupe P31
has anyone given you a reason for the cats clogging up?

I would just have a custom exhaust made up from the manifold on back if I was you. Thats probably going to be your cheapest route, depending on how bad the muffler shop wants to bend you over.
Old 05-01-2011, 11:34 AM

C63 AMG
Ok but it won't show any cel and won't have any issues with performance right!? And will I add any extra power!?
Old 05-01-2011, 11:41 AM

C63 AMG
And u knownhow dealers
are like they saw the kleeman cats and there like yeah because it's not original lol! so now I'm thinking of takin them primarys out and an x pipe for the 2nd cats!

:O:| !!QUOTE=white_beast;4651841hey guys hope all is well!! I took my car few weeks back to the dealer kuz I got my check engine light on so they checked it and said the throttle boddies weren't working well! So they changed that under warranty and took the car and when I go full throttle ay high revs the car kinda clogs or gets heavy so took it back and they checked it out and turns out my primary cats are blocked from the inside! I have the kleeman k2 manifolds and the cats off course now the kleeman cats are the ones blocked, what I need is a solution to get rid of the primary cats and 2nd cats so I don't have this problem again because it happend to me last year aswell and kleeman replaced the cats under warranty! So my question is what is the best solution for me to get rid of the primarys and the 2nd cats, and I'm sure I must gain some hp which I am really looking forward to! And one last thing I don't want any cels thrown on my dash!? So guys what should I do! Thanks and would really appreciate your help with the best cheapest solution, and do you think I should custom make the exhaust from the kleeman manifolds to the resonators!?? Thanks again...[/QUOTE]
Old 05-01-2011, 11:54 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C63 AMG Coupe P31
well, how long ago did you have the cats replaced under warranty? and did you inspect them when they were taken off the first time?

as for the cel, i believe if the muffler shop fabricated in a port for the o2 censors you should be ok. could someone please confirm this? but you probably wont be passing any emissions tests anytime soon after that.
Old 05-01-2011, 02:02 PM

C63 AMG
About a year ago and yes I did inspect them they were seriously clogged from the inside! So I'll fabricate the o2 sensor's port and I should be ok!!? And how about performance wise how will that be?? Emission test over here in the middle east they're not really fussy about it! But mostly about the car being loud! so how is a primary cat delete straight pipe with xpipe for the 2nd cats sound like!?
Old 05-01-2011, 05:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 431 Likes on 354 Posts
2012 C63;1971 280SE 3.5(Sold);2023 EQS 450 SUV 4 Matic (Wife's)
It will likely be quite loud without any cats or so I have read. Too loud, not sure but it will sound good.

You will also need to have the rear O2 set to "not reporting" in the tune or they may set a SEL without primary cats.

Should be a noticeable gain in power with the cats removed and might need a tune adjustment to avoid a lean condition at higher rpms.
Old 05-01-2011, 06:06 PM

c350
So you have kleeman headers, why not do a primary cat delete? Lil louder but your problems gone and for super cheap.
Old 05-03-2011, 12:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C63 AMG
I I were you I would order a pair of 100 cell high flow metal cats from mil specs.com and be done with it. A clogged cat is robbing you tons of power and messing with your o2 readings a lot, in fact, your gas milegae must be very poor but you probably don't care since you get the gas at a few cents a galon (*******!!) J/K.

Try what I said, they are well known HFC for performance applications and they are easy to install/weld.