Sponsored by:

Is this normal?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-13-2011, 01:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 C63 P31
Originally Posted by mac911
Just so you guys know, the 5w40 Mobil 1 Formula M is less rich in additives than the Mobil 1 0w40. I've ran oil analysis to see this.

The M1 0w40 is what the factory uses for AMGs (regular Mercedes get a Shell believe it or not).

Every Porsche leaves factory with 0w40 Mobil 1 even most race Porsches.

0w40 Mobil 1 goes BEYOND Mercedes requirements because it meets so many major manufacturer specs. The 5w40 Formula M is more tailored to just squeak by the Mercedes specs.

I take in the 0w40 myself. Probably more significant to do so if you take your oil to the full 10,000 a year.
Thank you for bringing this thread back on topic , and thanks for this info. It is good to know. Next time, I'll specifically ask for 0w-40, or just get my oil change done at an independent shop. I got my first oil change at 3900 miles and expect to get the next one in another 4k or so miles.

As far as the stupid vibration is concerned, I may have to get used to it . Hopefully, it will go away and not result in the engine blowing up .

For my SoCal neighbors with C63s: I'd love to get together with you guys sometime and compare our cars and discuss issues (if you have any). I may have to feel this vibration in your cars to get over it . I have a feeling most "normal" people won't notice it. I just happen to be over sensitive to these things!
Old 05-13-2011, 03:35 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2008 C63 ,2009 SL 63 AMG, 2011 SLS AMG
Originally Posted by vmx128
Thank you for bringing this thread back on topic , and thanks for this info. It is good to know. Next time, I'll specifically ask for 0w-40, or just get my oil change done at an independent shop. I got my first oil change at 3900 miles and expect to get the next one in another 4k or so miles.

As far as the stupid vibration is concerned, I may have to get used to it . Hopefully, it will go away and not result in the engine blowing up .

For my SoCal neighbors with C63s: I'd love to get together with you guys sometime and compare our cars and discuss issues (if you have any). I may have to feel this vibration in your cars to get over it . I have a feeling most "normal" people won't notice it. I just happen to be over sensitive to these things!
Did you ask them how much the idle vavle cost?