Sponsored by:

ride to conquer cancer!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-13-2011, 10:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 C63
ride to conquer cancer!

As you might or might not know, I am registered for the ride to Conquer Cancer.* This EPIC ride is happening on June 11/12, 2011.* (5 weekends from now!!!)* It is comprised of a 200km bicycle ride from Toronto to Niagara falls.* And all of the money raised is put towards the fight to end cancer!* A goal all of us hope to achieve in our lifetime!* You can read up more about the ride at:* http://to11.conquercancer.ca/site/PageServer?pagename=to11_homepage
In order for me to ride in this event, I need to raise $2,500 in sponsorship money!* I am way down at only $580.* Every little helps, so if you can support my efforts to push pedal a bike to Niagara falls, I would greatly appreciate it!
If you click on this link below, it will take you to my sponsorship page where the donations can be made.* Thanks in advance for your support!!* Let's just pray for a good tail wind and no hills!*

Please feel free to forward this email to anyone you think would like to support this effort.
Click this link.
http://tinyurl.com/fbto2011

Thanks so much
Deepak
Old 05-14-2011, 12:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
2017 Mini Cooper S Clubman ALL4 - British Racing Green
I wish you the best of luch. I may be doing the MS100 (Multiple Sclerosis) and the Diabetes races in June (I think.. I need to check my calendar).

Towards the end of the year I am doing 2 actual races (no relation to a charity), Seagull Century and SM100 (both 100 mile races, the SM being a 100 mile mountain bike race)
Old 05-14-2011, 01:41 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'11 C63, '22 GLS 63, Porsches, M3, M4
I don't know the specifics of Ride to Conquer Cancer, and I don't doubt the good intentions of the poster, but I have to say that cancer research is generally not underfunded. I have quite a bit of experience in dealing with cancer, including founding and moderating a cancer forum with more than 600 members and more than 11,000 messages posted to date, not to mention losing my dear mother to cancer. One thing I've learned is that plenty of money is poured into cancer research and treatment, but the problem is that it's largely wasted by a cancer establishment geared more towards profits and incomes, rather than prevention and patient outcomes. If I could find a truly worthy cancer foundation/charity, I'd gladly contribute time and money to it but, sadly, I've yet to find one ...