Sponsored by:

brake pads

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-21-2011, 08:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 C63, 2014 E63
Question brake pads

how many miles did you guys replace your brakes . . . mines been squeeking and i have 12000 miles on the car
Old 05-21-2011, 10:07 PM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
E63S
I believe a degree of brake squeal is pretty common with the standard brake set up in the C63. I therefore would have thought this less likely to be a symptom of worn brakes - more likely that worn pads would trigger a warning light via the pad sensor before they had worn down to the backing plates and thus squealing like crazy. Easiest thing to do is to have a look at the pads and see how much they are worn. If they are not that worn you could try some of the remedies for brake squeal - from blasting out brake dust with air gun to slamming on the brakes a few times when reversing at speed - do a search on here as there are quite a few posts on noisy/squealing brakes.
Life of brake pads, like rear tyres, will vary enormously depending on how you drive and how much track time you are doing. I would think for example that 12000 mostly highway miles and no track days is probably a little bit premature to have worn out a set of pads. On the other hand I am sure cars that see plenty of time on the track could go through a set of pads in only a few thousand miles.