Evosport (advice needed)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-23-2011, 03:58 PM
Super Moderator Alumni

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Audi A5 Sportback + Cannondale Prophet
Originally Posted by dodger63
Well I asked my wife were we stayed, explained why and she yelled at me for saying I had a bad experience., obviously she's Greek and very proud of her home country! Hahaha
Oh gosh... I can just picture that conversation.
Old 05-23-2011, 04:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
MB
Originally Posted by Nola
I'll try to move this to another thread so we can continue talking about lousy resorts and not get in the way of the roast.

brb.
This is not a roast in the colloquial sense. Why must you trivialize the OP's alleged experience?
Old 05-23-2011, 04:07 PM
Super Moderator Alumni

Audi A5 Sportback + Cannondale Prophet
Originally Posted by SonnyakaPig
This is not a roast in the colloquial sense. Why must you trivialize the OP's alleged experience?
Got carried away with my emotions. Sorry for that. Good thing I moved the line to a new thread.
Old 05-23-2011, 04:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MB
Originally Posted by boschk
Did you really finish your post with a sales message? You've not earned that at this point. People are very forgiving, when you do the right thing and are open and honest about what happened.
+1

At the same time, what else can he really say? He has a business to run.
Old 05-23-2011, 04:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MB
Originally Posted by Nola
Got carried away with my emotions. Sorry for that. Good thing I moved the line to a new thread.
Happens to the best of us.
Old 05-23-2011, 04:17 PM

Current: 2011 W212 Previous: 2008 W211 2006 550 2001 Rover 1997 W210
Originally Posted by brad @ evosport
Kenneth (and all interested)

I am sorry for the less than timely service and support.

As we committed to you, your refund will be processed as stated in email and IM.

For anyone else interested, there will be no or very limited delays for any of our products at this point and moving forward.

Thanks
Brad
Shouldn't processing someone refund be as easy as posting in the forums?

Shouldn't it say that "Your refund has been processed and credited back to your account?"

WOW...
Old 05-23-2011, 05:00 PM

C63 AMG
Why is UNNAMED a sponsor on this forum still?

MHP got booted and in light of all the problems over the last year why has the owners of this site said enough is enough

The mbworld community is too good to keep going thru this.

This guy posted a while ago about this and evosport said the same thing.

We have the whole wiestech, same sponsor, unnamed forum member (part time complainer part time evosport favorite customer)(just call him the battered spouse of the relationship) the jalopink story their public knowledge now company investor prospectus and the simple fact that in the end it takes lighting up the forums to get evosport to atleast act like they are gonna do the past due thing and refund him.

Going thru major changes like evosport claims to have gone thru they should not be sponsors when going thru it if what ever "it" is. Otherwise we are just further pushing the hustlin of a board member. once they have regrouped and regained the level of respect and business ethics this board should demand then they should be allowed back in only when they meet the high standards of this community.

Last edited by generalhh; 05-23-2011 at 05:21 PM.
Old 05-23-2011, 07:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
AMG
Originally Posted by generalhh
Why is UNNAMED a sponsor on this forum still?

MHP got booted and in light of all the problems over the last year why has the owners of this site said enough is enough

The mbworld community is too good to keep going thru this.

This guy posted a while ago about this and evosport said the same thing.

We have the whole wiestech, same sponsor, unnamed forum member (part time complainer part time evosport favorite customer)(just call him the battered spouse of the relationship) the jalopink story their public knowledge now company investor prospectus and the simple fact that in the end it takes lighting up the forums to get evosport to atleast act like they are gonna do the past due thing and refund him.

Going thru major changes like evosport claims to have gone thru they should not be sponsors when going thru it if what ever "it" is. Otherwise we are just further pushing the hustlin of a board member. once they have regrouped and regained the level of respect and business ethics this board should demand then they should be allowed back in only when they meet the high standards of this community.
+1
Old 05-23-2011, 09:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 101 Likes on 50 Posts
09 C63
This site definately needs a fix. I got harrassed, false allegations made towards me and court procedings from Wayne Besanko, owner of Powerchip, who then didn't show up to court. I recieved a probation from this site because I spoke about it and posted the garbage WB was rambling on about. Businesses that act in this way (as powerchip did with me and as Evosport has been doing) do not deserve the recognition this site gives them. There are alot of users who speak out about this yet nothing gets done.

H
Old 05-23-2011, 11:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2001 E55 - 2008 CLS63 -2016 F-150
Have seen complaints about this company for almost a year .. How is it ppl are still sending payments when there has been evidence of this fraudulent actions from a Site Sponser that continues to advertize and deceive this community . That shyt shouldnt be allowed , if your somone gettin the run round around for a year i feel bad for ya , if you just ordered , you should of done the research and cant feel bad for ya ..

to SPONSER in question ..
That was lame @$$ reply REAL TALK !!! .. if you were a real bussiness man you woulda posted a refund receipt with corresponding numbers to OP .. Thats only way you will save your face n company . just sayin..
Old 05-23-2011, 11:25 PM
Super Moderator

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
GMC - Miata - Trek - P-Car
Originally Posted by RNS-11Z
This site definately needs a fix. I got harrassed, false allegations made towards me and court procedings from Wayne Besanko, owner of Powerchip, who then didn't show up to court. I recieved a probation from this site because I spoke about it and posted the garbage WB was rambling on about. Businesses that act in this way (as powerchip did with me and as Evosport has been doing) do not deserve the recognition this site gives them. There are alot of users who speak out about this yet nothing gets done.

H
There has indeed been a curiously incestuous relationship between Powerchip and evosport in the past. They are, however, two separate and distinct entities.

Several here have previously taken Wayne Besanko’s Powerchip to task for questionable business practices and forum demeanor.
A cursory search of MBW (including my posts) will confirm as much.

It’s probably appropriate that those details be shared in another thread.

https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...seriously.html
https://mbworld.org/forums/engine-pe...sale-used.html
Old 05-24-2011, 03:37 AM

CL203
Am also face to this situation.

I purchased Evopack1 for my SLK32 since October 2010, after wire transfer i sent ECU to evosport for programing the staff said to me that all process will be done in 7days.

But i got my ECU back in Feb 2011, now still waiting for pulley set.

What The !!!

Last edited by project6; 05-24-2011 at 04:36 AM. Reason: Wrong Typing
Old 05-24-2011, 07:38 AM

C63 AMG
"MBWorld is not a consumer advocate. I've said so before. Caveat Emptor. " -NOLA mbworld moderator. (both publicly and privately)

This was part of the message I got from the mods.

My actions have been deemed by them to be not helpful to the community and that I am stalking by posting lots of reponses and starting a thread about my real issue. Transparacy. (we all know their is no ownership ties between sponsor and forum the question is will this group be free to discuss the many issues about this vendor without felling push to keep quite.

Let be clear I do not aim to stalk. I'm a real man and a real friend.

I won't sit by idle while time after time the same things keep happening to our members.

You know the story about the people that did not care what happened to other but them when they came for them their was no one left to help them.

Let it be known I don't wish this sponsor/vendor anything bad. I do wish that members get treated better by vendors and especially sponsors. And most importantly the integrity of this forum be kept.

I think where I was wrong in believing that this site was consumer advocacy for MB fans. I though a core part of community social sites were the unbiased sharing of options with people that share similar interest.

As I have been clearly told by NOLA (in this thread and in PM talk and what the mods have told everyone else ruffling the feathers.( even doger and others ellude to their issues)

MBworld is not an advocacy site and we all should beware.

I will end here and depending on how this situation pans out I may push the issue of this site staying true to members and continue to to be a true friend and not the punk that let's his friend get sucka punched in a bar. I may get roughed up but never doubt menstanding by your side

I have tried to keep this clear my post are more about MBworld and what the standards of this community should be. and the fact that we the membership feel slighted by how our sponsor is treating us. This has passed the level of a few isolated incidents. The actions of this vendor evidenced by this and dozens of other threads speak for themselves.

If we don't stand for ourselves who will?

Last edited by generalhh; 05-24-2011 at 08:15 AM.
Old 05-24-2011, 08:31 AM

2006 SLK 200 R171
A forum such as this is only of use... if it has members. If this forum protects sponsors who do not treat their customers properly... I for one have no wish or desire to endorse or support such a forum with my membership. Do I want to be a part of a forum which operates in that way? There are many other forums available for owners...

Next question:
How does a member delete their profile and cancel membership of a forum??
There doesn't appear to be an option for that...

Last edited by julsM; 05-24-2011 at 08:34 AM.
Old 05-24-2011, 09:04 AM

AMG
Mods keep telling us they have no relations with sponsors but they just can't stop allowing them to make sh*t over buyers/members of this forum......

Why can't mods ban sponsors as simply as they ban users ?
Oh well , they did with MHP...... Any coincidence ?
Old 05-24-2011, 09:06 AM

C63 AMG
what is happening here is more of a cooperate culture of this board to emphasize sponsors over members. Look into what internet brands sells to their customers (sponsors) a captive audience totally under IBs control. only when jalopnik pickup the big story did people even get a little action.

One day we will learn. Money runs the world. MBworld is no different.

Last edited by generalhh; 05-24-2011 at 12:36 PM.
Old 05-24-2011, 10:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2009 c63, 2010 E63
Originally Posted by julsM

Next question:
How does a member delete their profile and cancel membership of a forum??
There doesn't appear to be an option for that...
Simple, just don't log on anymore.
Old 05-24-2011, 10:46 AM

2012 E63 PP, 2012 Ferrari 458, 2012 Boxster S
I can confirm that Evosport (Brad) emailed me yesterday with a promise that the refund is being handled by their CFO. I'm not sure what that means in terms of timing but I would imagine that a wire transfer is a relative simple process...

In addition to this Brad has offered me a free Pulley which is a nice gesture but I will withhold my final judgement until I see the money returned to my account.

Once again thanks for all the support expressed in this thread.

Ken
Old 05-24-2011, 10:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2009 c63, 2010 E63
After this whole debacle, one would think the vendor would refund the money right away. It kind of sucks, that he didn't take some sort of action until it was made public.
Old 05-24-2011, 11:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
Originally Posted by KEMA
I can confirm that Evosport (Brad) emailed me yesterday with a promise that the refund is being handled by their CFO. I'm not sure what that means in terms of timing but I would imagine that a wire transfer is a relative simple process...

In addition to this Brad has offered me a free Pulley which is a nice gesture but I will withhold my final judgement until I see the money returned to my account.

Ken
You get your money back thats good. You also get a free pulley.. the same pulley you ordered 6 months ago... lol.

Keep us updated.
Old 05-24-2011, 11:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2013 f250 6.7 diesel
Originally Posted by KEMA

Ken

How long of a wait for the pulley
Old 05-24-2011, 12:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
360 Modena TT
Originally Posted by dodger63
How long of a wait for the pulley
the pulley and the refund check are in the same box
Old 05-24-2011, 01:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
MBUSA
how long does it take to collect 90000 pennies?

Last edited by GHAZAN; 05-24-2011 at 01:27 PM.
Old 05-24-2011, 02:09 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

everything
We are going to make some announcements next month about changes we are making, stay tuned for an official announcement

Last edited by Powerchip; 05-24-2011 at 07:01 PM.
Old 05-24-2011, 02:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
Originally Posted by Powerchip

It's a shame that a personal feud for some reason has our company's name on it. One man had a rather epic internet moment and for some reason that means the company he was apart of has bad business practices? It's the equivalent of blaming the state of california for arnold cheating on his wife. The two have no correlation
No such thing as personal when your a business. So if Bill Gates goes on a mad tirade you dont think this reflects bad on Microsoft?

Just like Evosport needs to take its lumps for its bad business practices so will powerchip for Wayne's rediculous outburst against another sponsor and members of this forum. You have to be very carful in selecting the voice of your company. One wrong statement and it can be disasterous.

Good moving getting him out the door though, that announcement should have come a long time ago. Things like that restore confidence in a company.

Good luck to the OP getting his money back. This isnt a lynching. If it was petty or the first time something like this went on with Evosport it would be forgiven quickly. Sadly its not.

The market is sparse though. Due to the lack of a lot of competition people like us have no choice but to use questionable sponsors due to lack of choices.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Evosport (advice needed)