*** englishtown rental 6/10*****

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-10-2011, 09:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2013 f250 6.7 diesel
Originally Posted by propain
Money races and the lack of any 3rd party oversight committee on the track never ends well.

Soon as you add money to the equation everyone becomes dishonest.
+1.. That's why I never take the "tuner" car as an example of real world results
Old 06-10-2011, 09:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
R35 GT-R, EvoX
Money races and the lack of any 3rd party oversight committee on the track never ends well.

Soon as you add money to the equation everyone becomes dishonest.
Hey man it's all good. I heard some rumors about an E55 with a big shot and a ton of work. I thought maybe that was Loco's car and he was willing to run heads up for some dough. It's not him and he isn't a sneaky street racer like that so it's all good

I do hear that a Corvette is challenging some people though so we may have to see what's up with him when we get there.

Tomorrow should be fun
Old 06-10-2011, 09:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2013 f250 6.7 diesel
Yea def, not loco. He's a good guy just looking to go down the track I'll bet loco though. 1 beer if, on the 5th hot lap I beat your time, so we both race 4 times in a row no cool downs then that 5th run is the money one..
Old 06-10-2011, 09:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R35 GT-R, EvoX
Originally Posted by dodger63
Yea def, not loco. He's a good guy just looking to go down the track I'll bet loco though. 1 beer if, on the 5th hot lap I beat your time, so we both race 4 times in a row no cool downs then that 5th run is the money one..
HUSTLIN'

Old 06-10-2011, 10:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts
Anything W/4Wheels
Originally Posted by ItalianStallion
Understood. Some people will run at the track on a "low boost" setting or not use the bottle, then post up their passes when in reality they can shave half a second off that ET if needed.
wow so you were on the bottle on this run huh?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUTtIPlycIo
Old 06-10-2011, 10:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R35 GT-R, EvoX
Originally Posted by mthis
No, I repeated time and time again (as shown in the youtube comments lol) that I never had a bottle. I did use Nitrous in my CLK and my Z06. Never on the CTS-V. We didn't run for money that night, just for fun. After I blew the motor in my Z06 I vowed to never use spray again.

That Caddy was pulley, intake, and tune ONLY. Even the exhaust was stock.

No replacement for boosted displacement bro The fact is that my car was faster than yours that night.

BTW, not sure I ever posted this but it ran an 11.8@119 at Island Dragway while heatsoaked. Never ran it properly at the track. The 11.8 was actually a good ET considering I was one of the few people at the time to even run 11's in the CTS-V. Not 10's and even 9's are no problem with that platform.

Last edited by ItalianStallion; 06-10-2011 at 10:23 AM.
Old 06-10-2011, 10:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
See Sig
Hey man it's all good. I heard some rumors about an E55 with a big shot and a ton of work. I thought maybe that was Loco's car and he was willing to run heads up for some dough. It's not him and he isn't a sneaky street racer like that so it's all good

I do hear that a Corvette is challenging some people though so we may have to see what's up with him when we get there.

Tomorrow should be fun

All good, I was just sayin it gets ugly. Run what you brung of course and see who wins. No worries there, this isnt stock car racing. NOS inspections are the only thing needed. That bottle changes everything.

As long as I know the odds are even or close to it I would race for a bit of change. Nothing serious. Ive done $20-$50 a run. Its good because the other guy might have the faster car but my reaction might beat them on the tree. Makes things more exciting than just slips.

For me I would race someone like Jon. I know hes tune only and no NOS. I would have a blast putting down $20 a run all day with him. It makes it more exciting than just racing for 10th's. Bring in the tree and driver error loses races even though you might be 2-3 10th's faster.

Last edited by propain; 06-10-2011 at 10:37 AM.
Old 06-10-2011, 10:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R35 GT-R, EvoX
All good, I was just sayin it gets ugly. Run what you brung of course and see who wins. No worries there, this isnt stock car racing. NOS inspections are the only thing needed. That bottle changes everything.

As long as I know the odds are even or close to it I would race for a bit of change. Nothing serious. Ive done $20-$50 a run. Its good because the other guy might have the faster car but my reaction might beat them on the tree. Makes things more exciting than just slips.

For me I would race someone like Jon. I know hes tune only and no NOS. I would have a blast putting down $20 a run all day with him. It makes it more exciting than just racing for 10th's. Bring in the tree and driver error loses races even though you might be 2-3th's faster.
Bingo exactly bro. It's all good.

Who is Jon? The invincible C63 guru?
Old 06-10-2011, 10:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2013 f250 6.7 diesel
So Propain you wanna jump in last minute?
Old 06-10-2011, 10:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
That sure does look like a NOS shot.. It was close to even and then.. pooofff... gone..

If he says no though there is nothing you can do about it unless you badger him to death like we did at the beach with a GTO. The guy beat Jon's C63 pretty bad and we came back to park and the guy swore up and down no NOS. We sat there and debated there was no way his car was that fast. Finally after 10 mins you saw a little smirk on his face and that was it.. He caved and fessed up.
Old 06-10-2011, 10:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R35 GT-R, EvoX
That sure does look like a NOS shot.. It was close to even and then.. pooofff... gone..

If he says no though there is nothing you can do about it unless you badger him to death like we did at the beach with a GTO. The guy beat Jon's C63 pretty bad and we came back to park and the guy swore up and down no NOS. We sat there and debated there was no way his car was that fast. Finally after 10 mins you saw a little smirk on his face and that was it.. He caved and fessed up.
This debate has been going on for a year lol...

I downshifted (into 2nd I think), went on the honk but didn't floor it because I wanted to keep traction. When it shifted into the next gear that's when I went WOT.

Traction + 700+-bhp = toasted AMG

Oldgixxer was there and so were a bunch of others who knew my exact setup. I was on 93 octane and did NOT use Nitrous or Meth or any power adders other than the pulley kit, intake, and tune.
Old 06-10-2011, 10:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
P-Carro

Tomorrow should be fun

Only spray in my car is meth, the car you are referring to was trying to hustle me at E-town close to 2 years ago and he was already running 10's ..That would be a white car with a complete facelift

Unless there's another one roaming around around..

See ya'll there
Old 06-10-2011, 10:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
Bingo exactly bro. It's all good.

Who is Jon? The invincible C63 guru?

Jon and I are rivals since day one on this forum. He swore his car was faster and a factory freak. We have the same car im 2010 though and the same tune.

He was served by me a few times and now im trying to get him to go heads up with me at the track.
Old 06-10-2011, 10:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig

I downshifted (into 2nd I think), went on the honk but didn't floor it because I wanted to keep traction. When it shifted into the next gear that's when I went WOT.

Oldgixxer was there and so were a bunch of others who knew my exact setup. I was on 93 octane and did NOT use Nitrous or Meth or any power adders other than the pulley kit, intake, and tune.
Thats why I love cars...

The CTSV modded is no joke. Nice kill. I think the CTSV is my next car after I pay off my C63 next year. I passed up buying one in 2009 when I got my 09 C63. Im happy with my C63 and im going to keep it buy I think I need a CTSV to go mod crazy with. Much cheaper! lol
Old 06-10-2011, 10:59 AM

P-Carro

Thought you'd never ask You are on for a beer and it better be
Dos Xs l

WOW you are a slick SOAB!! Hot-lapping 5 times When have you seen me go more than 2 or 3 times in a row?? you beat me already....
Old 06-10-2011, 11:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
Unless its this AMG...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkNaZrWzCdQ

Old 06-10-2011, 11:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
So Propain you wanna jump in last minute?
Daaaamn youuu!! You know I want to!

Id love to brother but I got standing plans for this weekend. If things fall through ill call ya.
Old 06-10-2011, 11:07 AM

P-Carro

I think i challenged that CTS thru one of the guys who was present that night..but it never happened then my motor went..

Last edited by LOCO 05' E55; 06-10-2011 at 11:20 AM.
Old 06-10-2011, 11:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R35 GT-R, EvoX
Originally Posted by LOCO 05' E55
I think i challenged that CTS thru one of the guys who was present that night..but it never happened then my motor went..
I've been challenged a few times by an E55 with my CTS-V and my GT-R but it never materialized. Your motor went!?!?!?

Yeah...I can't even come back with anything for this bro lol. That car is OUT

Thats why I love cars...

The CTSV modded is no joke. Nice kill. I think the CTSV is my next car after I pay off my C63 next year. I passed up buying one in 2009 when I got my 09 C63. Im happy with my C63 and im going to keep it buy I think I need a CTSV to go mod crazy with. Much cheaper! lol
I was going to do some crazy stroker kit for the M5 but after pricing it up I found out I could sell my M5, get a brand new CTS-V for just a bit more, and invest less than $2k and be just as fast lol. American cars are the greatest bang for your buck in the modding game. Euro cars are awesome stock and lightly tuned but when you start pushing passed that the money gets crazy and adds up very quickly.
Old 06-10-2011, 12:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Anything W/4Wheels
No, I repeated time and time again (as shown in the youtube comments lol) that I never had a bottle. I did use Nitrous in my CLK and my Z06. Never on the CTS-V. We didn't run for money that night, just for fun. After I blew the motor in my Z06 I vowed to never use spray again.

That Caddy was pulley, intake, and tune ONLY. Even the exhaust was stock.

No replacement for boosted displacement bro The fact is that my car was faster than yours that night.

BTW, not sure I ever posted this but it ran an 11.8@119 at Island Dragway while heatsoaked. Never ran it properly at the track. The 11.8 was actually a good ET considering I was one of the few people at the time to even run 11's in the CTS-V. Not 10's and even 9's are no problem with that platform.
Lmao. I knew that would hit a nerv . See you at Etown
Btw that's not my car on the video
Old 06-10-2011, 12:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R35 GT-R, EvoX
Lmao. I knew that would hit a nerv . See you at Etown
Btw that's not my car on the video

Lol see you there dude!
Old 06-10-2011, 01:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2013 f250 6.7 diesel
Hey can't we all just get along, there will be zero fighting at the track...
Old 06-10-2011, 02:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
Hey can't we all just get along, there will be zero fighting at the track...

Thats it! Im calling Goni!
Old 06-10-2011, 02:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Anything W/4Wheels
Thats it! Im calling Goni!
Lmao im going to call him see if he wants to come.
Old 06-10-2011, 03:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2012 CTS-V
Just got an email. It looks like the event is still on even though the
weather looks marginal for tomorrow. Meeting in Edgewater at 3PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: *** englishtown rental 6/10*****