Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2013 f250 6.7 diesel
If I never heard the word dyno again in my life I think I'd be happy
Old 05-25-2011, 03:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2012 CTS-V
Originally Posted by xtyper
Yes, I agree, it would be ideal to have a matched combo. But I'm hesitant to go with the MBH/DynoComp package for the reason you point out, that there is very limited independent experiences out there with the setup.

At this point I've pretty much narrowed it down to two options:
1) MHP Stage 2 Package (headers, catless mids, v3 CDT tune)
2) MBH headers, catless resonated mids, Kleemann tune

Noise levels and package prices equal, I would go Option 1 no doubt. But since Option 1 will actually cost me about $1500 more and be louder, I'm currently leaning toward Option 2.
Understood.

I've heard M-this' car at Atco and it was pretty close in sound to mine,
maybe slightly louder. dodger's car is much louder because he has the
full race exhaust.
Old 05-25-2011, 03:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2012 CTS-V
Originally Posted by dodger63
If I never heard the word dyno again in my life I think I'd be happy
They can be useful if you're doing a before and after to document
any gains but I would take track results over dyno results any
day of the week.
Old 05-25-2011, 04:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2013 E63 AMG
Originally Posted by Pertplus
Hmm, maybe I should dyno my car with the MBH headers and Powerchip Stage 2 tune that I got from ACG and see the results.....
Please do!!! It would certainly help me make up my mind.
Old 05-25-2011, 04:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Long tube headers on a C63 is almost a must.... the car just LOVES headers (and tune) and I don't think you'll be disappointed with the results regardless of who you pick
Old 05-25-2011, 05:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2013 f250 6.7 diesel
Originally Posted by MB_Forever
Long tube headers on a C63 is almost a must.... the car just LOVES headers (and tune) and I don't think you'll be disappointed with the results regardless of who you pick
+2 regardless which headers , true headers are a must..
Old 05-25-2011, 07:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 75 Likes on 50 Posts
Hyperion's Candy-Coated 4 x 4
I probably will just for curiosity's sake, but I havent had my car for a while (sold my stock wheels and tires before the HREs were ready because the buyer really wanted them asap and I didnt want to turn away "a bird in the hand for two in the bush" as they say - ie, turn a solid buyer away for a potential one in the future) so I want to drive around for and then after I go back to ACG for the Revosport bumper in June, I will get the...dun dun dun....yes, you guessed it, the dyno (that was for dodger)....

I do agree that with the headers and ecu tune, the car moves like a cheetah pouncing on an antelope...when I drive that car I feel like I am roaming the highway looking for prey. That being said, I dont race people (nor look for them) and know the car isnt faster than everything out there, but the headers were a major upgrade and would definitely endorse you getting them...Also, the sound that the Akrapovic exhaust provides in conjunction with the headers is, in my opinion, the icing on the cake!!
Old 05-25-2011, 09:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2013 f250 6.7 diesel
I probably will just for curiosity's sake, but I havent had my car for a while (sold my stock wheels and tires before the HREs were ready because the buyer really wanted them asap and I didnt want to turn away "a bird in the hand for two in the bush" as they say - ie, turn a solid buyer away for a potential one in the future) so I want to drive around for and then after I go back to ACG for the Revosport bumper in June, I will get the...dun dun dun....yes, you guessed it, the dyno (that was for dodger)....

I do agree that with the headers and ecu tune, the car moves like a cheetah pouncing on an antelope...when I drive that car I feel like I am roaming the highway looking for prey. That being said, I dont race people (nor look for them) and know the car isnt faster than everything out there, but the headers were a major upgrade and would definitely endorse you getting them...Also, the sound that the Akrapovic exhaust provides in conjunction with the headers is, in my opinion, the icing on the cake!!
Urghhhhh
Old 05-25-2011, 09:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2013 f250 6.7 diesel

Urghhhhh
Old 05-25-2011, 11:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 75 Likes on 50 Posts
Hyperion's Candy-Coated 4 x 4
Originally Posted by dodger63
Urghhhhh
So nice you had to say it twice?
Old 05-26-2011, 02:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2013 f250 6.7 diesel