C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why do bad things happen to good people?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-31-2011, 04:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2024 EQE 43 AMG SUV
Because this was more of a test for the C63 to come. I've ordered the exterior CF package on the estate and i wanted to see in person what it would look like...remotely.
Old 05-31-2011, 12:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
360 Modena TT
Originally Posted by danlnyclhoe
what do you mean "face" of the taillights? Completely off topic, just wondering lol.

I'm glad these kind of experiences haven't happened to me...yet...I don't know what I would do, but I'm sure I would end up in jail haha
the actual red and clear lens of the taillights can be seperated from the plastic housing with just a firm tug . the older GT tailights had these louvers on the lenses and most people want the LX taillights without the louvers ( looks cleaner ) .
Old 05-31-2011, 02:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 113 Likes on 93 Posts
The best or nothing
Originally Posted by Jycke
So, to make it short, i yesterday vinyled the back "spoiler" on my E63 with carbon fiber di-noc. It looked awesome. Then me and a friend went to a café near the beach, and when i got back some d!ck had torn up the vinyl. One reason why i'm probably never going to vinyl my car...man this p!sses me of. Now i have to go through the trouble of removing it.

I guess i'm not the only one with similar experiences, having read threads about people keying their cars etc...had to vent

Thank you, and good night
Speaking about vyniling your car ... do you know this story?

MAYBE
There is a Taoist story of an old farmer who had worked his crops for many years. One day his horse ran away. Upon hearing the news, his neighbors came to visit. “Such bad luck,” they said sympathetically.

“Maybe,” the farmer replied.

The next morning the horse returned, bringing with it three other wild horses. “How wonderful,” the neighbors exclaimed.

“Maybe,” replied the old man.

The following day, his son tried to ride one of the untamed horses, was thrown, and broke his leg. The neighbors again came to offer their sympathy on his misfortune.

“Maybe,” answered the farmer.

The day after, military officials came to the village to draft young men into the army. Seeing that the son’s leg was broken, they passed him by. The neighbors congratulated the farmer on how well things had turned out.

“Maybe,” said the farmer.
Old 05-31-2011, 05:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2024 EQE 43 AMG SUV
A good story. Makes one think if there is any such thing as good or bad..it just is. Anyway, that's a philosophical issue on its own.

I went to the vinyling place again today and they took the vinyl off and gave me a refund. Dunno why, i just wanted to get it fixed but they said that it wouldn't last anyway. Nice people. Thinking about vinyling my C63 matte white when it comes.
Old 05-31-2011, 05:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 113 Likes on 93 Posts
The best or nothing
A good story. Makes one think if there is any such thing as good or bad..it just is. Anyway, that's a philosophical issue on its own.

I went to the vinyling place again today and they took the vinyl off and gave me a refund. Dunno why, i just wanted to get it fixed but they said that it wouldn't last anyway. Nice people. Thinking about vinyling my C63 matte white when it comes.
That's a very nice ending of your story - I wouldn't expect it and I'm happy for you! Nice people.
Good luck with your car and post some pictures later!
Old 05-31-2011, 06:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2024 EQE 43 AMG SUV
Originally Posted by Armadillo888
That's a very nice ending of your story - I wouldn't expect it and I'm happy for you! Nice people.
Good luck with your car and post some pictures later!
As soon as i get it, i will. Too bad the dealership is gonna use it for a few months before But economically it makes very much sense to do it.

The S65 has to be a sweet ride There is one for sale in finland atm but i'm not gonna put down 150k € for a 3 year old car.
Old 06-01-2011, 06:18 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
M156
Alright, welcome At least you picked the right time of year to come here. I always feel sorry for the poor Japanese who arrive here in november when it's cold and raining and the days are short.
Thanks. Any suggestions what to do at night time? I have three days.
Old 06-01-2011, 06:20 AM

M156
Originally Posted by tasho3
I'm currently studying to become a Architect as well at University of Illinois at Chicago
Good luck. So many sleepless nights. Sometimes I think if it's worth it. I want to visit Chicago this summer to see Mies's buildings.
Old 06-01-2011, 12:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
2014 C63 Sedan
Originally Posted by C.Z. 55
Good luck. So many sleepless nights. Sometimes I think if it's worth it. I want to visit Chicago this summer to see Mies's buildings.
thank you, and yes, too many sleepless nights. Chicago is a great City to visit, and luckily we have quite a few of Mies's buildings here. And Milwaukee is not that far to visit Calatrava's Museum, its quite EPIC. I have been there 3 times already and every time it amuses me.
Old 06-02-2011, 07:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2024 EQE 43 AMG SUV
Originally Posted by C.Z. 55
Thanks. Any suggestions what to do at night time? I have three days.
Well if we start with the night life you should definitely try out A21 (Annankatu 21) in Helsinki. It got picked as the worlds best cocktail bar in 2008 or something. They really know how to make drinks.

Since you're studying architecture you might be interested to see a church that's built into the ground ( http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...ion_kirkko.png ).

Just tell me what you're interested in and i can give you a few tips.
Old 06-04-2011, 12:57 PM

M156
Thanks for the tips, A21 looks very cool from their website. You can recommend some other bars/lounges and clubs. I like electronic music but not strong as trance/extacy music.

The church looks very interesting, I think our professors made a schedule about which sites and buildings to visit.
Old 06-04-2011, 01:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2024 EQE 43 AMG SUV
Well i'm not that much into the electronic scene so i'm not an expert, but Ahjo might have something during your time here. It's also a nice bar and has dj's visiting from all over the world. When will you arrive?
Old 06-05-2011, 11:13 AM

M156
I will be there on the 15th.
Old 06-07-2011, 02:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2024 EQE 43 AMG SUV
Welcome
Old 06-08-2011, 01:52 AM

w203
Well it is a fact and true that bad things happen to good people and it is a true reality. It all depends on faith and destiny.