Sponsored by:

2012 C63 Order Information

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-22-2011, 06:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63 Coupe Edition 1
Originally Posted by VaclavSV
Hi Guys. This thread is wicked for ordering information! (Thanks Cali!) And plus all of you make the wait that little bit more bearable with your information! Im from Toronto and put the deposit down back in march then picked options in may. In Canada the options list is different as there are only a few packages to choose from. This was the email I got from the dealer:

Hi Sajun,
I hope everything is fine at your end. We have ordered the C63 2012 for you with the following specifications and packages:-
The exterior colour is Obsidian Black Metallic with Black Leather Interior and has Premium Package, Performance Package and Dark Ash Wood Trim.

Would my dealer be able to tell me the production date now? Also I saw the option of illuminated door sills which sounds awesome but that wasn’t an option for me! Is this because Im in Canada or because my dealer didn’t go through everything with me? Also the performance package here refers to the power upgrade, LSD, brakes etc… does that mean my car should be ok with the parts allocated, would suck to show up on delivery and have one with out that option! Im thinking of emailing him, he said beginning of September the car should be here but Im curious and want to make sure hes on top of things. haha
You're welcome, it is great to hear people are finding it useful. The dealer may not know the date yet. The ordering system seems to have a few factors when assigning build dates and I'm by no means an expert, this is my first MB and I'm trying to work it out as I go along! One factor is the allocation of builds per country and per dealer. The other is if a given build date can process the options you have selected, if it can't then you wait for the next available and it checks again. If your options could be entered in the system then you should be ok and it is just a waiting game to get a production date that supports the options you want.

The dealer may give you the choice to drop an option for an early date that is available but the choice should be yours to decide if you want to wait.

Last edited by CaliSun; 06-22-2011 at 06:06 PM.
Old 06-22-2011, 06:04 PM

C63 Coupe Edition 1
Originally Posted by Sheka
I'm sorry for interupting, i'm a new user. I have a question for you guys and if you know something about it please tell me!

I heard that Mercedes Benz gonna give up off making a new series of C63 AMG and that the bigest engine of a new c-class will be the from C55??????
Welcome Sheka!

mercedes is sticking with the 6.2L V8 in the C63 for the 2012 refresh so it seems safe till a new verion is launched years from now. AMG has been using twin turbo V8's in many new models but not the C class so far.
Old 06-22-2011, 06:07 PM

Mercedes-Benz 190D and Jeep Cherokee
Old 06-23-2011, 07:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
2013 G63 AMG
Originally Posted by Sheka
I'm sorry for interupting, i'm a new user. I have a question for you guys and if you know something about it please tell me!

I heard that Mercedes Benz gonna give up off making a new series of C63 AMG and that the bigest engine of a new c-class will be the from C55??????
This information is completely false!
Old 06-23-2011, 09:04 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
M5 Jahre Edition S, KTM 1290R Super Duke ,C63 AMG 2011[Gone],A45 AMG 2013, MV Agusta 750 [2000]
P******* O**

Hi to you all

Just had my local MB dealer advising me of build details on the new C63, I opted for all the extras inc PP30 & Diamond White Metalic,whilst I knew there was problem's obtaining paint some 6 months ago they accepted the order.

Now im beiing told I can have the Car Sept with all the extras but not the colour? If I wait for the colour end of Sept they will not put the PP30 on the car as they are to stop all factory build for this extra?][No longer avail]

Any of you guys heard about the PP30 being stopped in Europe.
Old 06-23-2011, 10:41 PM

C63 Coupe Edition 1
Originally Posted by 974AGK
Hi to you all

Just had my local MB dealer advising me of build details on the new C63, I opted for all the extras inc PP30 & Diamond White Metalic,whilst I knew there was problem's obtaining paint some 6 months ago they accepted the order.

Now im beiing told I can have the Car Sept with all the extras but not the colour? If I wait for the colour end of Sept they will not put the PP30 on the car as they are to stop all factory build for this extra?][No longer avail]

I don't know what the PP30 package is, sorry.
Old 06-24-2011, 02:07 AM

M5 Jahre Edition S, KTM 1290R Super Duke ,C63 AMG 2011[Gone],A45 AMG 2013, MV Agusta 750 [2000]
Whoops! Meant PP31 ( performance Pack)
unsure also why European market
Doesn't get the keyless go
Option or remote boot closing.
Old 06-24-2011, 11:32 AM

2016 G550
Whoops! Meant PP31 ( performance Pack)
unsure also why European market
Doesn't get the keyless go
Option or remote boot closing.
And why don't we get the option to order the estate in the US?
I'd gladly trade keyless go for the estate.

I've not heard anything about P31 option unavailable in the European market.
I know Jycke has a 2012 C63 estate with P30 ordered.
(P30 in Europe = P31 in the US?)
Old 06-24-2011, 11:43 AM

C63 Coupe Edition 1
I went and met with a new dealer yesterday in San Jose. He was the sales manager and a really helpful guy. He showed me all the screens in the order process and how they move through the phases and how the color coding of each car goes from green when the order is picked up but not in production to yellow to red when it gets locked for production. He also showed me another system where they see see which decades in the production cycle lack parts for particilar options by model. He showed me the list and there was no decades listed for the C class for any option pack so it looks like the parts allocation is good for every decade.

He also gave me two free passes for the Palo Alto Concours d'Elegance this weekend. The dealership has a display there and he showed me a red 2012 SLK they will be debuting there, it looks great in person! He also enters his DB5 in the judging so I can't wait to check that out.
Old 06-24-2011, 11:48 AM

C63 Coupe Edition 1
Originally Posted by enochroot
And why don't we get the option to order the estate in the US?
I'd gladly trade keyless go for the estate.

I've not heard anything about P31 option unavailable in the European market.
I know Jycke has a 2012 C63 estate with P30 ordered.
(P30 in Europe = P31 in the US?)
I've never understood that either, just because someone needs the space of a wagon they don't want to give up on life and buy an aweful car!
Old 06-24-2011, 12:01 PM

2016 G550
Originally Posted by CaliSun
I went and met with a new dealer yesterday in San Jose. He was the sales manager and a really helpful guy. He showed me all the screens in the order process and how they move through the phases and how the color coding of each car goes from green when the order is picked up but not in production to yellow to red when it gets locked for production. He also showed me another system where they see see which decades in the production cycle lack parts for particilar options by model. He showed me the list and there was no decades listed for the C class for any option pack so it looks like the parts allocation is good for every decade.

He also gave me two free passes for the Palo Alto Concours d'Elegance this weekend. The dealership has a display there and he showed me a red 2012 SLK they will be debuting there, it looks great in person! He also enters his DB5 in the judging so I can't wait to check that out.
I believe the inventory system is called Netstar, I've tortured my guy and spent way to much time looking at that screen.

Unless you see your car on that screen, it's not really ordered.

Make them give you a print out of your order if you think they are screwing around.

Mine's been green for months now better be red next week!
Old 06-24-2011, 12:07 PM

C63 Coupe Edition 1
He explained that part too, just doing the entery means nothing till it gets picked up by the factory and even then it's just an estimated date assigned.

I put my order in with him and will cancel the one with my first dealer and get my deposit back. I think the first guy screwed up my order by not having the P31 on ifor months and then lied to my face to cover it up when the system wouldn't let him add it.
Old 06-25-2011, 03:04 AM

BMW M3 2010
Hi to you all

My dealer called me and told me my Diamond white didnt go in... I went in today and for some reason its in again now... maybe you can keep bugging them on it and it will go in?
Old 06-25-2011, 03:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2012 C63 AMG Black Series
Originally Posted by CaliSun
You're welcome, it is great to hear people are finding it useful. The dealer may not know the date yet. The ordering system seems to have a few factors when assigning build dates and I'm by no means an expert, this is my first MB and I'm trying to work it out as I go along! One factor is the allocation of builds per country and per dealer. The other is if a given build date can process the options you have selected, if it can't then you wait for the next available and it checks again. If your options could be entered in the system then you should be ok and it is just a waiting game to get a production date that supports the options you want.

The dealer may give you the choice to drop an option for an early date that is available but the choice should be yours to decide if you want to wait.
I followed up with my dealer and this is what they sent back...
From the looks of it a late july production date still yields an early september delivery for canada.
Attached Thumbnails 2012 C63 Order Information-picture-1.jpg   2012 C63 Order Information-picture-2.jpg  
Old 06-26-2011, 10:13 AM

C
Has anyone in Canada been able to get an order confirmed or any dates? I ordered a C350 Coupe but I imagine they will all come at the same time...
Old 06-28-2011, 04:56 AM

Sorted

Yehaaaaa!

That's confirmation of perfomamce pack and carbon mirrors + lane assisst easy park etc and the most important metallic brilliant white now in the queue for building.
My only grumble is they dont do the 6 disc cd multiplay now on any command system until further developments.[Single disc only]
Going to do the factory collect
Cheers
Eck
Old 06-30-2011, 10:45 PM

c63 amg 2008 sold 2012 c63 coupe
Originally Posted by GuOD
Has anyone in Canada been able to get an order confirmed or any dates? I ordered a C350 Coupe but I imagine they will all come at the same time...
ordered a c63 coupe edition 1 build date in july should be here late august
Old 06-30-2011, 10:50 PM

c63 amg 2008 sold 2012 c63 coupe
hi guys , I'm new here ! I'm having buyers remorse ...I oredered c63 coupe edition 1 in Canada ( dont know if its the same in us or europe ) but its fully loaded and it comes ONLY in matte black .after reading in this forum I'm not sure about the colour anymore , is it really a lot of maintenance ? ( I live in Canada winter is pretty harsh here ) excuse my english
Old 06-30-2011, 11:30 PM

C
Originally Posted by chyno
hi guys , I'm new here ! I'm having buyers remorse ...I oredered c63 coupe edition 1 in Canada ( dont know if its the same in us or europe ) but its fully loaded and it comes ONLY in matte black .after reading in this forum I'm not sure about the colour anymore , is it really a lot of maintenance ? ( I live in Canada winter is pretty harsh here ) excuse my english
I was considering the matte black car but I wouldn't get it if the car is driven in winter. Regular paint is hard enough to keep clean.
Old 07-01-2011, 12:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts
2013 C63 AMG P31, 2014 GMC Sierra (6.2)
Originally Posted by chyno
Solution: Don't drive it in the winter. Get a second vehicle - a beater if necessary!
Old 07-05-2011, 07:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2024 EQE 43 AMG SUV
I got a mail from my dealer saying that the car should be ready july 17th and in the country at the end of july!!!
Old 07-05-2011, 08:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
2011 P31 C63 2015 CLA45
Jyke, what country? If it's the U.S. it will take longer than 2 weeks. My car was built on Dec. 10, 2010, and arrived at dealership in Houston Jan 24, 2011, 1.5 months after. I've seen many that only took 3 weeks or less from Germany to their dealership. I was pissed, but in the end, it was worth it.
Old 07-05-2011, 08:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2024 EQE 43 AMG SUV
Finland. They drive up from Bremen to Rostock where they take the ferry to Hanko in southern Finland. From there it's only 1 1/2 hours to Helsinki. (google maps if you're interested )
Old 07-05-2011, 11:38 AM

C63 Coupe Edition 1
That's awesome Jycke! Make sure to have your camera ready!!
Old 07-05-2011, 12:39 PM

2016 G550
Jycke, will you be able to take delivery by the end of July, or do they hold on to it until the "official" release?

Here in the US my dealer thinks the car might be here as soon as the end of the month too, but they will keep it locked up in the local shipping port until Mercedes officially announces the car in the US.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2012 C63 Order Information