C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bad idea to replace PS2 rears with PSS or A/S tires?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-05-2011, 05:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63
Bad idea to replace PS2 rears with PSS or A/S tires?

Had MO spec Michelin Pilot Sport PS2 all around, rears are now gone. Fronts look new.

With PS3 and Pilot Super Sports now available, I don't want to invest in older tech PS2 again. PSS are getting fantastic reviews.

Can I mix the PS2 fronts with new PSS in the rear without adverse effects? Was also considering a compromise high performance A/S tire, I imagine that's even a greater difference from PS2 to PSS.

Old 06-05-2011, 06:37 PM

c63 amg
i have PSS on my rears and am getting my PS2's on the front because my brother changed to PSS all around and is giving me his front Ps2's that have 500 miles on them. Im getting them changed on june 9th so i could give u an answer on my feedback. im not sure if theres any adverse effects excpet for the ps2s not being as good as the PSS but im not sure
Old 06-05-2011, 07:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C63
You can mix the PS2 with PSS in the rear but I would go with Michellin PSS all around to take maximum advantage of the tires.
Old 06-05-2011, 07:33 PM

C63
I thought there could be an imbalance having different tire attributes front and rear. Maybe one end is more or less grippy, breaks traction differently, etc

Not like people don't get a flat and throw on another brand altogether and putter along. Hopefully not on these cars...
Old 06-05-2011, 11:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
AMG GLC63. Audi R8
Originally Posted by Questions
Had MO spec Michelin Pilot Sport PS2 all around, rears are now gone. Fronts look new.

With PS3 and Pilot Super Sports now available, I don't want to invest in older tech PS2 again. PSS are getting fantastic reviews.

Can I mix the PS2 fronts with new PSS in the rear without adverse effects? Was also considering a compromise high performance A/S tire, I imagine that's even a greater difference from PS2 to PSS.

No big deal. Easy to mix esp with the same manufacturer with the upgraded tire.