C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Eurocharged / RacingBrake Rotor Introductory Special

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-27-2011, 05:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
was just wondering if you can provide any stopping distance comparison for these racing brakes and oem brakes?
Old 06-27-2011, 05:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 porsche 996 turbo
i have a set of the r/b rotors for the front for a custom build im doing on my slk32. i posted pics of the rotors on the e55 forum. once i made payment the rotors took less than a week to arrive.

yooker the reason for the open slot was the market called for it. more open slot rotors sold than anything else so tey build what the market wants. i was luckey enough to get mine in slotted and drilled before they made the decision
Old 06-27-2011, 06:26 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

c63
Originally Posted by badu
was just wondering if you can provide any stopping distance comparison for these racing brakes and oem brakes?
Unfortunately we do not. Our C63 did not stay stock for very long after we picked it up nearly 3 years ago.(Brakes among other things)

I can say that in stock (p30) form I was very impressed with that way the car stopped on the street. Then I put on a few track days and soon realized it came up short under track conditions. The stock rotors in both 1pc and 2pc are pretty good but weight and heat dissipation were issues. The OEM pads could not handle the stress and heat of tracking and caused excess pad deposit and from that caused hotspots and warping.

Over a 2.5 year search and testing this ultimately led us to RacingBrake as what we feel is the best priced, best built and best engineered rotor we can buy for the C63. Add any premium track pad to the mix and you got a winner. (semi metallic are best suited to the BR Rotor hardness) There really are not too many pad choices available for the c63. Chief63 is running Hawk DTC-60 Front and Raysbestos st43 Rear with good success. Personally I have found the Endless ME20 compound front and rear to be a great track pad set up as well as a Daily Driver. Huge stopping power and very rotor friendly. Acceptable dust and noise (always a factor in performance pads)

We are a dealer for Endless Pads and Fluids in Canada . Please PM or email us (sales@eurocharged.ca) for pricing and delivery times.

Bottom line is that once fitted with a better, lighter rotor and appropriate pads the C63's stopping power is substantially increased.

I hope this helps

Last edited by sales@eurocharged.ca; 06-27-2011 at 06:31 PM.
Old 06-28-2011, 05:04 PM

AMG C63
Eurocharged RacingBrake Roters

Hello All,

Newbie Cormid here, I've been reading the posts for awhile and want to says thanks for all your insight and expertise. I'm making the switch to racing brake rotors as I am tracking my car more frequently at Road America. My brembo performance pack rotors only lasted me a total of 8000 miles, 600 of which were on the track. The rotors are cracked around the holes. Ive picked up some Porterfield pads. I'll post how they hold up this fall.

Cormid

Originally Posted by Eurocharged
This will be our official order list. First in first shipped.

Pricing once this promotion is over will be based our costs and expenses getting these first sets to market. We will continue to be as aggressive as possible. For now, Complete Sets (Fronts and Rears) are expected to increase to $2325.00 + shipping for Canada and US 48 but depending on how we do in this promo we may cover shipping in future as well.

1) BerBer63
2) Cormid
3)
4)
5)
7)
8)
9)
10)
Old 06-28-2011, 06:07 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

c63
Originally Posted by Cormid
Hello All,

Newbie Cormid here, I've been reading the posts for awhile and want to says thanks for all your insight and expertise. I'm making the switch to racing brake rotors as I am tracking my car more frequently at Road America. My brembo performance pack rotors only lasted me a total of 8000 miles, 600 of which were on the track. The rotors are cracked around the holes. Ive picked up some Porterfield pads. I'll post how they hold up this fall.

Cormid
Thanks for the order Cormid. Please check you PM for further details..

Which Porterfield pads did you get??
Old 06-28-2011, 07:00 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

c63
RacingBrake Promotion Order List

This will be our official order list. First in first shipped.

Pricing once this promotion is over will be based our costs and expenses getting these first sets to market. We will continue to be as aggressive as possible. For now, Complete Sets (Fronts and Rears) are expected to increase to $2325.00 + shipping for Canada and US 48 but depending on how we do in this promo we may cover shipping in future as well.

1) BerBer63
2) Cormid (Paid)
3)
4)
5)
7)
8)
9)
10)

Last edited by sales@eurocharged.ca; 06-28-2011 at 07:26 PM.
Old 06-28-2011, 10:36 PM

AMG C63
porterfield pads

I got the porterfield r4-s pads. But, I am seriously considering Endless ME20
pads because Road America is such a high speed track. There are two corners with entry speed of 143 mph (and my C63 is stock 451 hp, so far.)
Old 06-28-2011, 10:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C63
I notice the rotors have alot less meat on them when compared to the OEM rotors which justifies the weight savings.
Doesn't less material = faster wear? Can we expect these to last as long as OEM rotors?

Last edited by _AMG_; 06-28-2011 at 10:50 PM.
Old 06-28-2011, 11:12 PM

C63
from what i read... the rotors are made of a harder material (iron ?) then the OEM rotor,

so i'm sure the rotors will be tough and long lasting
Old 09-13-2011, 05:02 PM
SPONSOR

Received 129 Likes on 92 Posts
C63S
While I'm cleaning house.....

I've got an extra set of these Racing Brake front rotors here that I need to unload. Buy the rotors for $1198 plus shipping and I will throw in a Eurocharged V3 Tune for free.

1 set available! PM for details!
Old 09-14-2011, 02:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'16 GTS Solar
Originally Posted by Jerry@Eurocharged

I've got an extra set of these Racing Brake front rotors here that I need to unload. Buy the rotors for $1198 plus shipping and I will throw in a Eurocharged V3 Tune for free.

Incredible bargain right here...had this been offered last month, I would have been all over it!
Old 09-14-2011, 02:58 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2008 C63
If anyone wants to split the cost, and needs a tune, I'll go half on the brakes.
Old 09-15-2011, 04:01 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2021 Taycan Turbo, 2018 Radical SR3, 2021 Lincoln Aviator
Definetely interested this spring. My Evosport rotors are just getting killed right now. One daily event at Calabogie and they were alreading starting to crack (they were new!). Not very good.

The non drilled rotors you have should do much better.

take care
Old 09-16-2011, 03:40 PM
SPONSOR

Received 129 Likes on 92 Posts
C63S
Originally Posted by Jerry@Eurocharged

SOLD
Old 09-16-2011, 03:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2013 Chevy 427 Torch Red
Originally Posted by chief63
Definetely interested this spring. My Evosport rotors are just getting killed right now. One daily event at Calabogie and they were alreading starting to crack (they were new!). Not very good.

The non drilled rotors you have should do much better.

take care
I have these up front and spent 3 track days paired with Hawk DTC 70 pads. Absolutely no visible wear on the rotors whatsoever. Back on the street with a new set of oem pads and zero squeaks. I am very very impressed just wish my Hankook slicks had held up so well.
Old 09-16-2011, 04:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63
Ok im gonna ask this one more time.....

I notice the rotors have alot less meat on them when compared to the OEM rotors which justifies the weight savings.
Doesn't less material = faster wear? Can we expect these to last as long as OEM rotors?
Old 09-16-2011, 04:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts
C63 AMG
Originally Posted by _AMG_

How does having less material have anything to do with the speed at which it will wear?

OE rotors are very thick, but that doesn't mean they last longer. They are good for only a few mm of wear and then they are trash according to mercedes. 33mm on the front and 24mm on the rear, anything under that is trashed.

So having more material doesn't really have much to do with the life time of the rotor or wear.. More to do with strength, but that also depends on the materials used, etc.
Old 09-16-2011, 04:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63
Originally Posted by Merc63
How does having less material have anything to do with the speed at which it will wear?

OE rotors are very thick, but that doesn't mean they last longer. They are good for only a few mm of wear and then they are trash according to mercedes. 33mm on the front and 24mm on the rear, anything under that is trashed.

So having more material doesn't really have much to do with the life time of the rotor or wear.. More to do with strength, but that also depends on the materials used, etc.

Its common sense....

The more material something has the longer it takes to wear, this all depends on the compounds used to make the product.
Ill give you a good example, sand down a thick piece of wood, it will take longer to wear down. sand down a thinner piece of wood it will wear faster.
Old 09-16-2011, 05:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
2009 C63
Its common sense....

The more material something has the longer it takes to wear, this all depends on the compounds used to make the product.
Ill give you a good example, sand down a thick piece of wood, it will take longer to wear down. sand down a thinner piece of wood it will wear faster.
Depends on the type of wood. Evosport rotors are the same way, how else do you save that much weight excluding different hats.
Old 09-16-2011, 05:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63
Originally Posted by BerBer63
Depends on the type of wood. Evosport rotors are the same way, how else do you save that much weight excluding different hats.
Evosport rotors are lighter for one simple reason....less material=less weight (excluding hats)

No one is saying the rotors aren't light.
I asked Eurocharged if they're rotors will last as long as OEM rotors, still haven't gotten a response.

Last edited by _AMG_; 09-16-2011 at 05:12 PM.
Old 09-16-2011, 09:32 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

c63

Under identical conditions the RB rotors should last as long as OEM. The RB rotors are a harder steel (Alloyed Iron) and heat treated before machining that delivers better performance and longer life. Even with less mass.
Old 09-16-2011, 09:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63
Under identical conditions the RB rotors should last as long as OEM. The RB rotors are a harder steel (Alloyed Iron) and heat treated before machining that delivers better performance and longer life. Even with less mass.
Thanks for the clarification.
Old 09-17-2011, 08:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2013 Chevy 427 Torch Red
I expect them to last longer than the stock drilled rotors. My oems needed to be replaced due to the splinter cracks that were surrounding all of the holes. This happened much sooner than any issues relating to rotor thickness. I don't know if the street only cars are seeing the same thing but the RB rotors hold up to substantial track abuse very well.
Old 03-02-2013, 08:08 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
S55 AMG
Nothing like pulling an old thread back to life (sorry), but would these fit on an 2003 S55?
Old 03-02-2013, 01:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

EuroCharged 2012 C63 BS Coupè
Sorry. RB does not currently offer anything for the '03 S55. You may want to connect with RB directly to see if they have anything in the works>>

http://www.racingbrake.com

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Eurocharged / RacingBrake Rotor Introductory Special