Sponsored by:

In need of urgent help!!! Please!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-25-2011, 04:52 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
2008 CLS63 AMG
In need of urgent help!!! Please!!

Hey guys, so my car started doing this sound upon cold start ups. Like this : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YeUx-_rRpeU

This is for a 63 motor btw.

They said it was faulty cam adjusters at first when it occurred for the first time. Well they fixed all 4 adjusters and 2,000 miles later it started to happen again.It was at the dealer for 2 full weeks and they couldn't re create that sound. HMM. And the sound occurs several times a day when I have the car. They contacted MB and sent them a sound file. They also tested the cam adjusters and everything came back green and nothing was found wrong with the adjusters. I trust that the tech installed everything correctly. The dealer cant re create the sound but the day I pick it up, I heard it. For some odd reason i dont think its the cam adjusters making that sound. Tonight, i started the car while the engine was still very warm. Can you guess what I heard again? The same darn sound. Could it be possible that the throttle body could be making this sound? Maybe one of the rivets has become loose. Please any help would be great! This is a very annoying occurrence with this car. I just want to get this resolved.

Last edited by dacls63amg; 06-25-2011 at 06:09 AM.