Sponsored by:

Drove a 2011 Maserati Granturismo S

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-29-2011, 11:29 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2009 C63 AMG / 2007 BMW 130i M Sport
Originally Posted by coladin
Well, your comments have proved otherwise, that you are not ignorant to know how fast the car is...or did you research it after?

The interior is typical Corvette, I agree, but as far as driving experience, it has a ride unbecoming of a supercar on the street, I found it quite comfortable considering it has 636bhp or whatever it is. I like the HUD a lot. I wish more cars had it. On the road it doesn't stand out but it can munch on almost all takers whether on the track or light to light.

I would go with a CLS63 instead of a GranTurismo S. 109000CAD for a brand new car, dealer in your city, intoxicating V8, tough to beat...or save abundle and get the C63 AMG coupe.
Hahah.. I remembered it was Jeremy's favourite of a determined year and knew it was fast in Nurb. But I had the clear memory that it was slower than the Porsche GT2 and the Viper there. I even remember reading about it and thinking "I need a porsche GT2"...

As for the GranTurismo, if you want a luxury coupé that could be considered exotic, I'd go DB9. But that is not a rational choice. It is completely partial and passionate. I just love the AMs. If you don't mind losing rear seats, Vantage and Audi R8 are nicer too.

Maybe I'm comparing cars which the price tag is quite different for you guys. Keep in mind that I'm comparing them based on their price tag in Brazil, not america.
Old 06-29-2011, 09:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
SLS Irridium silver,2014 GL350 BT Irridium, 2015 White Dodge RAM Hemi Quad
Originally Posted by Swiftler
Question: You looking strictly coupe or saloon? Also is your C63 a toy or a family car?

I'm sensing that you are interested in coupe but don't want to give up the performance on the C63? I think the current generation 997 Turbo or Turbo S is the options you can think about.
Hey Swiftler, your spidey senses are pretty good. This car is a toy and not a daily driver, so with that being stated a coupe with seats in the rear would be good, if there are no seats in the rear I wont sweat it too much. As far as Porsche goes, I know that both these cars are great performers, but the flat 6 isnt going to cut it. I am not a fan of that sound anylonger. I love the sound and torque of most 8 cylinders. The V8 from AMG seems to get me excited. I either stick with the new C63 coupe, maybe the new C Black Series, the new CLS63 or really splurge with a SLS. I am all over the map with this.