Sponsored by:

Tune question for C63

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-07-2011, 08:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
See Sig
Cant hurt talking to Dad's. Keith knows much about the platform and has paved the way for many of us. I see him talking you into headers though.. LOL.

These tuners should really give us all free tunes for life for being sales reps for them. LOL.
Old 07-08-2011, 05:45 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2008 C63 ,2009 SL 63 AMG, 2011 SLS AMG
Originally Posted by propain

You will get zero gains on the track removing only the secondary cats. Its a huge waste of time. Stop giving bad information if you don't know.
I removed my secondary cats after removing the primary cats. I DO KNOW THAT THERE WERE GAINS.

Have you removed your cats before?

this is my 63 by the way in case you havent seen it
https://mbworld.org/forums/sl55-amg-...d-project.html

I know what I'm talking about

Last edited by jacob502; 07-08-2011 at 05:53 AM.
Old 07-08-2011, 09:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
Originally Posted by jacob502
I removed my secondary cats after removing the primary cats. I DO KNOW THAT THERE WERE GAINS.

Have you removed your cats before?

this is my 63 by the way in case you havent seen it
https://mbworld.org/forums/sl55-amg-...d-project.html

I know what I'm talking about
Prove the gains. Why would you leave your secondary cats on if you removed your primary cats? Sounds stupid.

You made a dumb statement, now man up and deal with it. You asked someone else if I was right because you had no clue and I was. Now just let it go.
Old 07-08-2011, 10:30 AM
Banned

Prove the gains. Why would you leave your secondary cats on if you removed your primary cats? Sounds stupid.

You made a dumb statement, now man up and deal with it. You asked someone else if I was right because you had no clue and I was. Now just let it go.
Hey dumbass,

I initially had a primary cat deleate while leaving the secondary cats. I then installed a straight pipe from caragraphics cancelling out the secondary cats before I had my MBH headers. the car was quicker. The reason I left the secondary cats was to pass the emmison test. Since now I have the straight bolt on pipe, I can always put back my stock exhust for emmision tests. I was man enough to tell you that you were right about the horsepower gains from the secondary cat deleate, because I told you that I had thought both the primary and secondary cats had equal amount of cats. I asked you a question, did you have your secondary cats deleated???....I assume not...So just let it go.....and dont give bad information when you dont know what you are talking about and stop acting like a dumbass

Last edited by jacob502; 07-08-2011 at 10:35 AM.
Old 07-08-2011, 10:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
Hey dumbass,

I initially had a primary cat deleate while leaving the secondary cats. I then installed a straight pipe from caragraphics cancelling out the secondary cats before I had my MBH headers. the car was quicker. The reason I left the secondary cats was to pass the emmison test. Since now I have the straight bolt on pipe, I can always put back my stock exhust for emmision tests. I was man enough to tell you that you were right about the horsepower gains from the secondary cat deleate, because I told you that I had thought both the primary and secondary cats had equal amount of cats. I asked you a question, did you have your secondary cats deleated???....I assume not...So just let it go.....and dont give bad information when you dont know what you are talking about and stop acting like a dumbass
Like I said.. prove it. You are a clueless idiot and have been caught BSing on this forum many many times. You may have a short term memory but I dont.

How about you just go back to your forum and stop trolling the C63 forum with bad information dumbass. buh bye...
Old 07-08-2011, 11:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2016 G550
Old 07-08-2011, 11:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
Originally Posted by enochroot
Im sure he is burning up google right now looking for some proof.

Of course it wont be his car.. just like every arguement he has ever had.. never a slip.. never a video on the track.. never a dyno chart.. yet he claims so much...

Hes taking to long though.. im getting bored.
Old 07-08-2011, 01:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2012 CTS-V
Originally Posted by hhughes1
I just switched to an MHP v3 from the Kleemann tune that I have had for more than 2 years. I have many hours of seat time driving at various track events and I know my car very well. That said I can tell you that MHP's claims to improve the shifting are for real. The difference to me was so pronounced that it actually felt as if the tranny had been switched.
I had the same feeling when I switched to MHP too. I know my car
well and with 200+ runs at the track under my belt I knew immediately
the shifting response was greatly improved.
Old 07-08-2011, 01:40 PM
Banned

Im sure he is burning up google right now looking for some proof.

Of course it wont be his car.. just like every arguement he has ever had.. never a slip.. never a video on the track.. never a dyno chart.. yet he claims so much...

Hes taking to long though.. im getting bored.
I dont need to prove anything to a dumbass like yourself. In additon, I never stated that I saw gains on the dyno from the secondary cat deleate, but I am sure that gains are there. and I never said I tested this matter on track.

I had the secondary cats deleated on my SL63 and I felt the gain, you dont want to believe it, go slam your head 100 times against the wall. There are alot of threads on this forum that discuss this issue about the secondary cat deleate and gains. you idiot, they are catalytic converters, they restrict the airflow, ofcourse there will be gains if you remove them. you keep proving that you are a lousy stupid freak. I dont google sh*it to prove something, thats propabley what you do.

have fun with your fake tune only ET

you need to lighten up man and calm down. I started a civil discussion, and you turned it into hell. really, you got noting, you still havent answered my question about you deleating your secondary cats.

I proved that I did, now its your turn moron
Old 07-08-2011, 01:43 PM
Banned

Like I said.. prove it. You are a clueless idiot and have been caught BSing on this forum many many times. You may have a short term memory but I dont.

How about you just go back to your forum and stop trolling the C63 forum with bad information dumbass. buh bye...
how about you go tie yourself on an empty highway and get run by a 30 ton truck runing at 100MPH
Old 07-08-2011, 02:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig

You think I hit a nerve??

Your original statement was to remove the secondary cats and resonators and he will gain 20 rwhp. Your wealth of experience working on your 63 really shows...

Back on topic...

Removing the cats and putting in a xpipe will give you about 5-10 at most rwhp and it will save you some weight. Probably about 8 pounds. Overall not a bad mod but the only real gain you will get is sound. If your going to go with that much effort might as well remove the primary cats... then you might as well put on some headers as well...
Old 07-08-2011, 02:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
Originally Posted by PetroC63
I had the same feeling when I switched to MHP too. I know my car
well and with 200+ runs at the track under my belt I knew immediately
the shifting response was greatly improved.

MHP was the right choice for you for sure! Cant wait to throw on the headers in the fall and see what it can do!
Old 07-08-2011, 04:16 PM

335i
Removing the cats and putting in a xpipe will give you about 5-10 at most rwhp and it will save you some weight. Probably about 8 pounds. Overall not a bad mod but the only real gain you will get is sound. If your going to go with that much effort might as well remove the primary cats... then you might as well put on some headers as well...
Why is it that no one makes a mid section or xpipe that deletes the primary cats or replaces them with hfc’s but leaves the secondaries like all the M3 aftermarket midsections/xpipes? It’s clearly the better option. If you just delete the entire mid section without doing headers or a full exhaust it sounds at least on youtube very raspy and…bad
Old 07-08-2011, 04:29 PM
Banned

You think I hit a nerve??

Your original statement was to remove the secondary cats and resonators and he will gain 20 rwhp. Your wealth of experience working on your 63 really shows...

Back on topic...

didnt you say there was no gain at all??
Old 07-08-2011, 07:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
didnt you say there was no gain at all??
I said no real gain. You know. The kind that counts. The one on the track or the street. If your looking to change the sound of car then go for it. Secondary delete will translate to pratically nothing on the track.

Prove me wrong. No butt Dyno. No Dyno. Track results. A tune only vs a tune only with an xpipe.
Old 07-08-2011, 07:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

02 CLK 55 AMG,09 C63 loaded with P30
Bottomline-Prim cats are the real bottle neck.
Old 07-08-2011, 09:40 PM
Unk

C63
Completely random question I am as ignorant as it comes to tuning and I was looking at the OE website and it says that a bdm modification (whatever that means) will give you an increase in hp from base 451 to tuned 538 is that for real? What does it even mean? Sorry for the probably dumb question this is not my strongest domain lol
Old 07-10-2011, 01:45 AM

2006 E55
Originally Posted by jblackthorne
Why is it that no one makes a mid section or xpipe that deletes the primary cats or replaces them with hfc’s but leaves the secondaries like all the M3 aftermarket midsections/xpipes? It’s clearly the better option. If you just delete the entire mid section without doing headers or a full exhaust it sounds at least on youtube very raspy and…bad
Being that I have to test things before I believe anyone......I can tell you there is a slight gain in hp/tq by removing the rear cats.. HOWEVER I had an X Pipe fabricated and installed in its place. MHP headers are beautiful and after hearing several such configurations... they are all pretty loud. Too loud for my taste and knowing law enforcement, I am not in the mood to attract attention. I am really happy with the sound, the car still has some class and hauls *** just fine. Its not a low 11's car but it feels like it can run a strong 12 or maybe a bit quicker. For the street thats plenty fast to get me in trouble in California.

Attached is a dyno sheet showing stock vs X Pipe....vs tune.
Same dyno....stock vs X pipe 2 weeks apart at same time of day.
Tune dyno run looks lean but actually its around 12.8 at wot. Tail pipe sniffer had to be off.