87.88%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

2011 c63 vs 2012 c63 lease

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-31-2011, 08:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 C63 Black Series
This was an extremely entertaining thread to read....

A few of my takeaways, maybe disagreements with some of the comments.

1) the trunk money on the 2010 cars wasnt just a "good deal", it was remarkable. I know people were getting near $15k off MSRP. Its one of my great car regrets in life not taking advantage of that. I decided to purchase a different route, and I am now in the market for a lightly used C63 AMG. Looking back at what a discount that was, wish I would have taken advantage. In this case, comparing that kind of deal to an MSRP lease is apples and oranges.

2) Which leads me to the next point. There is no absolute rule about lease vs. buy in terms of which is better. It all comes down to the factors/inputs into the equation. If you get a killer deal on a buy at low interest rate and compare that to a normal lease, of course better to buy. If you take a lease with a great money factor, high residual, good deal off the lot, and assume only 24 months ownership, that might be better. It is a waste of time to debate which is better, it totally depends on the terms.
Old 07-31-2011, 09:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
See Sig
Originally Posted by jtrichel
This was an extremely entertaining thread to read....

A few of my takeaways, maybe disagreements with some of the comments.

1) the trunk money on the 2010 cars wasnt just a "good deal", it was remarkable. I know people were getting near $15k off MSRP. Its one of my great car regrets in life not taking advantage of that. I decided to purchase a different route, and I am now in the market for a lightly used C63 AMG. Looking back at what a discount that was, wish I would have taken advantage. In this case, comparing that kind of deal to an MSRP lease is apples and oranges.

2) Which leads me to the next point. There is no absolute rule about lease vs. buy in terms of which is better. It all comes down to the factors/inputs into the equation. If you get a killer deal on a buy at low interest rate and compare that to a normal lease, of course better to buy. If you take a lease with a great money factor, high residual, good deal off the lot, and assume only 24 months ownership, that might be better. It is a waste of time to debate which is better, it totally depends on the terms.
That is the only time a lease is better. Enjoy your Toyota though because those are the cars that depreciate like that.

The moment however you put money down on lease it becomes a worse deal.

The trunk money was amazing, I agree! People who paid MSRP missed out for sure. There is always a deal though. In 2009 before I got the C63 I had a code for GMS pricing for a CTSV. It would have saved me about 10K off MSRP. I went with the C63 instead. As stated above I NEVER pay MSRP for a car.