C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

Is the C63 BS worth the price ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-08-2011, 01:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1997 Ferrari F355 Berlinetta, 2014 Mercedes Benz ML 350, 2008 MB C63 AMG (deceased), 2009 MB C63 AMG
Patriek,
In reading thru the thread, this is what I understand you are looking for: a great/perfect daily driver. You obviously have great taste in your "fun rosso" cars so picking a dd that can give you some excitement can be a challenge. Picking the perfect dd depends on a lot of factors. Since you will be taking your dd to work, what is it that you do and how does other coworkers and clients perceptions of the car impact your business. In my line of work as a physician, porsche, AMG, or M car is the most exotic car that can be respectfully pulled off. Secondly, do you have a wife and kids? I needed a car with at least 2 large back seats to fit my 2 child car seats. Thirdly, do you transport any work material, machinery, or product in the dd? I often need a decent trunk to transport some medical diagnostic machinery. Looking at all these factors, my "realistic" choices were M3, M5, E63, C63, RS5, Panamera, CTS V, ISF. After driving most of these, the C63 won out considering utility, price, exclusivity, and most importantly-fun factor. To me a CLK black or C63 Black would not enter into the equation for a daily driver. Same for any 911 variant, GTR, Evora, S 63, SL 63, or 750il for various reasons. The C63 is a wonderful fun daily driver, if you don't mind paying a premium for fuel and tires. With a tune, the C63 will have black series power. The black series does have wider rear wheelwells which should fit more appropriate rims and tires than the C63's. This may be the most significant benefit in the new C 63 black. However, this advantage is likely most apparent when on the track or speeding around some backroads. For those purposes get back into either of your Ferraris. Keep in mind with an easy "tune" a C63 will be able to dust your F430, let alone your 348 in a straight drag-race. And you would still be able to use it as a nonpretentious practical work commuter and kids school transporter. Hows that for the perfect daily driver. To answer your original question without knowing the answers to some of the info asked above, I can only guess if the Black is $40k worth it over the normal C63. My educated guess would be "No.". But it really is worth what you are willing to pay for it.
Old 08-08-2011, 06:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 62 Likes on 43 Posts
C63 BS, GLA45
Originally Posted by PATRIEK
Maybe some other question ;
how does the CLK BS compares to the CLK63 ?
Originally Posted by SMP
How do they compare? Depends on the country. CLK63 coupe never made it to the US, only the girly convertible. Not a fair comparison to a CLK63 BS.
The C209 CLK55 Coupe AMG made it here, good friend of mine owns one and I helped him modify it extensively so I had a lot of seat time in it. The difference in handling compared to the CLK63 BS was night and day, huge huge gap. Stock for stock, it's like comparing a C63 to a B200. Just talking about handling feel and cornering speeds.