Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 C63-Edition1
true
Old 07-24-2013, 08:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 92 Likes on 81 Posts
C63 AMG
Originally Posted by Diabolis
Man... here goes another ambulance chaser I'll never buy anything from. Nice post, Titan. At the very least you could have tried to help the guy out by confirming some part numbers instead of just blatantly advertising your stuff. Bravo.
Probably so but it's not a big issue with me. The advice is good though for a best first impression! That said, I visited their site and their "guaranteed to fit and work" TPMS are $39-$44 each. Damn good price and IMO a welcome addition to the roster of sponsors.
Old 07-24-2013, 08:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 793 Likes on 545 Posts
W204 C63 Coupe, W166 ML350 BlueTEC, 928GT, C5 Z06 & IS300 race cars, EQE 4Matic+ on order
Originally Posted by Vise_
Hmm... now that I think about it based on your comments it may be an issue with the reset/initialization. I do not get an error message when first starting up, it actually says 'Tire Monitor Active' but it does not give me a PSI reading. Its only after driving for a bit (15-20mins or longer) that it pops up the error message.

Anyone else out there running a set of wheels without TPMS monitors in a TPMS equipped car? Would be interested to see if there is a different error message.
Doubtful - AFAIK there is no reset procedure on the car for new TPMS sensors. It automatically picks them up.

MB changed something with the 2012 facelift on the C63 - the "normal" cars (that used to use those TPMS sensors) now use the ABS sensors instead to determine if a wheel is turning faster than the others (which it would if you have a flat). The TPMS was an automatic add-on on the Canadian C63 APX cars.

I do think it's a mismatched sensor (part #) issue for a couple of reasons. I have three sets of MB wheels - I ordered the car with every single option except for the factory 19s because I knew I'd be getting a set of forged wheels afterwards so it came with the five double-spoke 18s. I also got a promo from MB for taking delivery in January, which was a free set of winter wheels and tires for the C63, which were four of the old-style C63 front rims with Pirelli Scorpions. I had them put on the snows right away, and got the same "no TPMS detected" warning you are talking about. Called my sales rep and she had me bring the car back the next day, and I watched the tech dismount the tires, pull out the TPMS sensors and replace them with a new set from the parts department. They worked perfectly afterwards.

Then, I bought a used set of forged wheels and tires from someone here that were on an older (pre-facelift) C63 and had TPMS sensors. My car wouldn't pick them up, but the guy I got them from assured me they worked fine on his car just a weeks prior to that, which I have no reason to doubt. So, I dismounted the tires and pulled out the TPMS sensors, and the part numbers on those were the same ones that you have. Called MB to find out what they cost, found out they are a lot cheaper than I was expecting (Tire Rack was selling aftermarket ones that were more expensive) and I went to to MB to buy a set. Parts guy asked about the VIN and the ones I got had the different part numbers I gave you (I specifically inquired about this as I had one of the old ones with me - he said they were different and he assured me that the ones I am getting are the right ones for my car). Mounted them on the rims, put the tires back on and sure enough they all came up automatically again. No reset procedure and no "TPMS not detected" warning. Lastly, I took the OEM Contis off the OEM 18s (was going to put a set of R-comps for some track fun), and the sensor part numbers were the same with the ones I bought from MB.

It just sounds like too many coincidences to be simply bad luck (four new sensors being bad on the winters & four working sensors all dying in a week), plus the part numbers from two sets of wheels that I saw myself and work fine being the same w/ each other but different from what you have.
Old 07-24-2013, 09:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 92 Likes on 81 Posts
C63 AMG
[QUOTE=Diabolis;5724952]
MB changed something with the 2012 facelift on the C63 - the "normal" cars (that used to use those TPMS sensors) now use the ABS sensors instead to determine if a wheel is turning faster than the others (which it would if you have a flat). The TPMS was an automatic add-on on the Canadian C63 APX cars.
[QUOTE]
^ Really? The ABS approach is outdated and inferior to the direct TPMS approach. I had the ABS-based system on two cars and it was both prone to falsing and in the case of rapid deflation, lagging well behind real-time tire conditions. Cheaper for MB to implement and service, definitely. Better for the end user, definitely not. IMHO.
Old 07-24-2013, 10:24 PM

2005 C320 Coupe | 2002 IS300
Hmm... now that I think about it based on your comments it may be an issue with the reset/initialization. I do not get an error message when first starting up, it actually says 'Tire Monitor Active' but it does not give me a PSI reading. Its only after driving for a bit (15-20mins or longer) that it pops up the error message.

Anyone else out there running a set of wheels without TPMS monitors in a TPMS equipped car? Would be interested to see if there is a different error message.
My situation is similar as I bought the same part# to put on my OEM 19 Multi-Spokes since only the 18's are available here in NA for my 2013 Coupe and I didn't switch those TPMS over. I've driven twice and got the same message as you 'Tire Monitor Active' then the error msg pops up after driving a while. I'm hoping after a few more drives it will finally recognize...if not I guess I'll be going to get the new part# suggested in the above post.
Old 07-24-2013, 10:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W204 C63 Coupe, W166 ML350 BlueTEC, 928GT, C5 Z06 & IS300 race cars, EQE 4Matic+ on order
Originally Posted by bhamg
^ Really? The ABS approach is outdated and inferior to the direct TPMS approach. I had the ABS-based system on two cars and it was both prone to falsing and in the case of rapid deflation, lagging well behind real-time tire conditions. Cheaper for MB to implement and service, definitely. Better for the end user, definitely not. IMHO.
Correct on all counts, so I suspect price had a lot to do with it. I just double-checked the brochure and equipment ordering guide for my car (Canadian 2013 Coupe), and yes, it says in both that the tire pressure monitoring system is part of the AMG Performance Package. The Canadian options are somewhat different from the US cars (and I have no idea about ROW vehicles), but aside from color there were only THREE options that I could choose: performance package (APX - which here includes the LSD and the AMG sport suspension), the premium package (PP - all convenience and comfort features + premium audio features bundled together), and CF mirrors (the rest of the CF trim came as part of the APX). At the very least I am glad they made it easy and decided to err on the side of performance.

EDIT: Make that four options - the fourth being the multi-spoke 19" wheels, which I didn't like (IMHO they just didn't look right on the car, plus I wanted something lighter, stronger and wider).

Last edited by Diabolis; 07-24-2013 at 10:44 PM.
Old 07-25-2013, 03:28 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

TITANTPMS
Originally Posted by creaminz
Okay so I put on new wheels on my brothers C63 today with New bought TPMS from Tirerack. I follow the instruction and try to reset it through steering column, after Resetting, display shows "TPMS Active" however I still see that orange tpms warning symbol on the cluster?

I checked all four tire pressure. Front: R 40 / L 39, Rear: R 44 / L 42

19x8.5 Front with Hankook V12 245-35-19
19x10 Rear with Hankook V12 275-30-19

Factory recommends tire pressure to be 49psi. Does this apply to aftermarket wheel/tire setup as well? Inflating these Hankook V12 to 49psi is bit non-sense to me, no?

I searched and someone mentioned about there's procedure how to reset TPMS on Tire Rack website but couldn't find it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
The TPMS has to do with the cars protocols (YEAR - MAKE - MODEL) not the tire or wheel size. If your tire placard says 35psi then thats what the TPMS requires to learn the new ID's +/- a few PSI. To find out what sensor you need (part # or Mhz 315 or 433) call the stealership with your VIN: Here is the relearn for most newer Mercedes.

Relearn New Sensor Ids.
Ensure all tires are inflated to the pressure listed on the tire placard. Vehicle must be driven for at least 10 minutes, while maintaining speed above 15 mph in order for system to learn new sensor IDs. If spare tire sensor ID is being programmed, a properly formatted scan tool is necessary.

If you need more help please feel free to call. FYI make sure the old sensors are not in or around the car when doing this.
Old 07-25-2013, 03:42 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

TITANTPMS
Originally Posted by Penthouse Party
My new 2012 C63 just arrived at the dealer. I was talking about the TPMS (tire pressure monitoring system), not the tire pressure warning system. I've got an aftremarket set of wheels, wanted the dealer to install them for me, was asked for the sensors' individual numbers to key in in the computer in order to recognise and make them with the onboard computer.

Can anyone please help??? Otherwise, I might have to take the tires off and check the numbers on the sensors. Another cost to take the tires off and re-mount & re-balance them...
All you have to do is take the wheels with the TPMS to a tire shop and have the ID's read with a scan tool. They will be able to give you the ID's. The dealer should have a scan tool as well to do this.
Old 07-25-2013, 03:47 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

TITANTPMS
Originally Posted by anthony02tolson
Mine work and i have no light but now it wont read the individual tire pressure for each tire. I dont know whats going on or how to get that back. Im about to just put the stock oem sensors back on. Irritating.. I paid extra for the tpms with my aftermarket wheels just for this reason.
Try letting about 25% of the air out of each tire. Let sit for 5 min or more then reinflate to what the tire placard indicates. Then drive the car for a bit. That should fix the problem. Ps make sure the old sensors are not in or around the car when doing this.
Old 07-25-2013, 04:03 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

TITANTPMS

Depending on if you have the correct part # for your TPMS. The car will go into the learn mode looking for the stored ID's or new ID's. If the cars ecu doesnt recognise and or store the ID's after about 20 mins of this you will get the error message because it is not finding the correct info. The one thing to know is just because you car might be a IEsticker 2012) it could be using 2011 or even 2013 parts. The only true way to find out is by the VIN: and the production date. With that info you should have no problems finding the correct part.

Try deflating the tire 25% and then reinflate to what the tire placard stats. this should fix the problem if you have the correct part # as per your VIN: and production date.
Old 07-25-2013, 04:09 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

TITANTPMS
Man... here goes another ambulance chaser I'll never buy anything from. Nice post, Titan. At the very least you could have tried to help the guy out by confirming some part numbers instead of just blatantly advertising your stuff. Bravo.
Sorry for the first post on here being about what I could offer and not addressing the problem. I think you will find the answers to all the questions/problems asked now. I'm here to help with all TPMS issues. Definitely not an ambulance chaser. Thank you for your time!!!
Old 07-25-2013, 04:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Jon @ TitanTPMS: This kind of constructive reply is indeed much better and IMHO exactly what will get you more customers in the end, in contrast to your earlier post which was just bad advertising when none was called for.

Having said that, the replies you posted are to questions that were asked two years ago. Just saying that your input now is indeed valuable and appreciated, but you are probably wasting your time and energy answering old questions (the thread was dead for some time and resurrected a couple of days ago by Vise).

Regards,
Doug

EDIT: I see you now addressed Vise's issue (the recent one).

Last edited by Diabolis; 07-25-2013 at 04:18 PM.
Old 07-25-2013, 04:45 PM

2013 C63 AMG, 2013 B250
Originally Posted by TitanTPMS
Depending on if you have the correct part # for your TPMS. The car will go into the learn mode looking for the stored ID's or new ID's. If the cars ecu doesnt recognise and or store the ID's after about 20 mins of this you will get the error message because it is not finding the correct info. The one thing to know is just because you car might be a IEsticker 2012) it could be using 2011 or even 2013 parts. The only true way to find out is by the VIN: and the production date. With that info you should have no problems finding the correct part.

Try deflating the tire 25% and then reinflate to what the tire placard stats. this should fix the problem if you have the correct part # as per your VIN: and production date.
Thanks, going to give this a try. I didn't think about matching the tire pressure to what the placard says. I still think it might be the wrong part number but at least this is something to try... just wish I had a compressor in my garage to refill the tires.
Old 07-25-2013, 05:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Thanks, going to give this a try. I didn't think about matching the tire pressure to what the placard says. I still think it might be the wrong part number but at least this is something to try... just wish I had a compressor in my garage to refill the tires.
You can get one at any Crappy Tire store for under $30 (they run off the 12V lighter socket). They'll do in a pinch just fine.