Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-06-2011, 04:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 384 Likes on 343 Posts
2014 E63 AMGs, 2015 F-150 Lariat, 2010 Porsche C4S
Tire replacement after Roadside Jack Woes

Hi again,

In another post I mentioned that as part of my nightmarish intro to using the MB jack, I had to replace both rear tires. All that were available in Tucson on the weekend were Pirelli P Zero Nero. At $401 out the door the price was right, but I'm very, very concerned about performance.

On my usual route to the airport this morning, I took a couple of curves at a speed that with the old Michelins would do nothing to make me concerned. Well it was quite different today. I thought I was going to lose control and the dashboard warning was going nuts until I got straightened around.

Is it possible these tires could be this bad (different), or should I be looking for another cause. FYI, I re-checked torque and set to 96 ft. lbs. per manual.

Thanks again for all you help!
Old 09-06-2011, 06:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
MB
Maybe they're not so bad? Perhaps they were pretty new and still kind of slippery? I don't know... I've never tried them.
Old 09-07-2011, 07:49 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
2012 E350 4matic
when i installed my Yoko Avids on the rear i got the same reaction on a long left handed sweeping turn. after a couple hundred miles it hasnt happened again in that turn. id say while your new tire choice is def. a harder compound, some of the slipping and dash notification is due to the tire still being new and not scrubbed in.