Sponsored by:

possible problem?? help please! **PICS**

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-09-2011, 06:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
12 c63 AMG, 06 audi a8, 04 bmw
possible problem?? help please! **PICS**

hey guys, a couple of days ago i posted a thread that was about engine oil..basically, i went to get a 1000k mile oil change after the break in, and the dealer didnt put enough oil which caused a message to pop up on my screen stating to check engine oil at next refuel.

today, i bought two quarts of oil and put them in the car..what i didnt know, is that my dad put a quart of oil in last night, which means we both put in 3 quarts of oil AFTER i got the oil change from the dealership..ive read how the engine can get damaged if you exceed the limit, and to be honest..im freaking out..do you guys think i should take it to the dealer??? i have some pics attatched so you can see the dipstick..any feed back would be greatly appreciated..
Attached Thumbnails possible problem?? help please!  **PICS**-photo-4-.jpg   possible problem?? help please!  **PICS**-photo-7-.jpg   possible problem?? help please!  **PICS**-photo-5-.jpg  
Old 11-09-2011, 07:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 61 Likes on 52 Posts
Steel Grey Metallic C63!!
Originally Posted by 63amgnyc
hey guys, a couple of days ago i posted a thread that was about engine oil..basically, i went to get a 1000k mile oil change after the break in, and the dealer didnt put enough oil which caused a message to pop up on my screen stating to check engine oil at next refuel.

today, i bought two quarts of oil and put them in the car..what i didnt know, is that my dad put a quart of oil in last night, which means we both put in 3 quarts of oil AFTER i got the oil change from the dealership..ive read how the engine can get damaged if you exceed the limit, and to be honest..im freaking out..do you guys think i should take it to the dealer??? i have some pics attatched so you can see the dipstick..any feed back would be greatly appreciated..
Your dipstick don't appear to be showing that you overfilled. I only see it slightly past the second red bar. If that's where it is, you need a tad more. If you really did overfill, just buy an extractor and suck out some of the oil. Where in NYC are you located? If you're by me, I'll help you extract the excess.
Old 11-09-2011, 07:07 PM

Jeff, remember steve who came to meet you by bowne park to buy your '10? ...its me..lol..i was in greece for like 4 months i had to stay there for a while..back home now
Old 11-09-2011, 08:25 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2015 C63S E1 (sold 2012 C63 AMG Sedan (Premium & APX)) & 09 C300 Sport 4Matic
Take it to the dealer and tell them the story. I wouldn't take a chance with a brand new engine.

They can drain it and refill with the same oil to the correct level.
Old 11-09-2011, 10:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
MB

@63amgnyc,

I also had an oil change recently and I believe the dealership overfilled.

I am having some issues with the car and I was wondering if you are having any of these issues as well? For instance, when drive part throttle (less than 2000 rpms, my engine will make a very constant and annoying fluttering sound. It's hard to explain but it doesn't sound like exhaust and it doesn't sound like that high pitch whine that our cars make all the time when you press on the gas.

Also, my car feels like it is a little less powerful and it has a different sounding idle.

Is your engine making any different sounds when you're driving part throttle since you overfilled?
Old 11-09-2011, 11:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C63
Drain some of the oil out and you'll be good to go.
Old 11-10-2011, 06:11 AM

sonny, this happened last night so I havent driven it yet. when I take it out today I'll let you know if the car is running any differently. there's no message that lights up in your car saying you overfilled ?... also, have you drained the excess oil. ?
Old 11-10-2011, 06:26 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2008 C63 ,2009 SL 63 AMG, 2011 SLS AMG

The message you are getting is "check engine oil Level", which means two things, either the oil level is low or the level is high, Why did you assume that it was low and added two quarts?

since you added two and your father added one, totaling three quarts and the message is still on, i'm pretty damn sure the level was high from the start and you just made it worse my friend.

Take it back to the retard that added the oil and threaten him and ask him for a future discount. Just dont punch him (what I would do)
Old 11-10-2011, 07:01 AM

C63
1)Stop freaking out, its not good for you, this car is meant to bring joy to you...
2)I think your photos make it hard to see the level. Is it just over the top marker? Thats hardly over filling it man. I woudnt bother sucking any out unless it was an inch over the top. Being new your car is going to burn through a pile of oil anyway so it will drop down pretty quick.
3)Your car is not going to run any different from the oil level being a bit over the mark.
4)When are you checking it? If you check it right after you shut it down, the level will show lower until more oil drains back down into the sump. If you check it in the morning after sitting all night it will look higher. The dealer told me to let it sit for about 5 minutes after running and then check it. I personally like to see the level as close to what running conditions are as possible so I check it right after shutdown. In other words, depending on when an owner checks his oil, he may see a different reading than another owner does. Either way the engine will be happy.
5) If it makes you feel better just run it back to the dealer and let them f--k with it.
Old 11-10-2011, 07:15 AM

C63
I just remembered that when I get oil changes done, the dealer usually underfills it which pisses me off.
I just right now looked back through previous work orders and noticed that sometimes they put in 8 litres, sometimes 10 and sometimes 9. It looks like the dipstick at the dealership can't read the dipstick either...
Old 11-10-2011, 08:44 AM

Jacob, the dealer didn't put enough oil from the beginning, I'm going to take it back to the dealer and take your advice trying not to punch him (lol)... and multispeed, im going to just take it to the dealer today and see what's up.. they'll probably drain the oil
Old 11-10-2011, 09:38 AM

C-GAGL Heavy
Excess oil can cause dammage, as has been said pull some out. The dealer should have NOT left you needing more oil, that's there problem and they will fix it.
Old 11-10-2011, 11:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
MB
sonny, this happened last night so I havent driven it yet. when I take it out today I'll let you know if the car is running any differently. there's no message that lights up in your car saying you overfilled ?... also, have you drained the excess oil. ?
Thank you.

No, no message has appeared on my car. I'm starting to think my problem isn't oil related and maybe it has to do with some vacuum solenoid that may be loose or stuck open in the back of the engine. Maybe some hose is loose. I'll find out soon.
Old 11-10-2011, 11:20 AM

sonny, I drove my car this morning to work and really didn't notice anything different, nor has any light appeared. I'm going to take it to the dealership anyways just to be sure. I hope all gets resolved with your car!