Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Comparing the Nissan GT-R with the C63

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-16-2011, 06:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
UGR TT Lambo
I have a couple of complaints about the GT-R, just from the brief experience I've had with them..

1. Door handles - wtf? I actually dislike the GTR door handles. They're just awkward and feel cheap. Maybe it'd take some getting used to but getting in one my first time, I noticed this immediately.

2. The seats were definitely higher up than most performance cars but my main complaint was the cloth. Why can't it just be leather all around? Again, felt kind of cheap to me.

The 08-11 C63 models definitely needed some improvement in the interior but I feel like their interior is definitely a step up from the GT-R. More of a sporty luxury feel rather than just a bare bones performance car like the GTR.

- GTR wins in performance/practicality though with AWD.
- C63 nicer interior
- GTR looks slightly better but both look amazing.
- C63 and GTR both sound good so that's really hard to choose one over the other. I may be partial to the C63 though.. something ominous about a V8 luxury car.

With all that being said.... At this moment in time, I'd buy a 2012 C63 Coupe over any GTR. I've always loved the GTR but holy cow.. they've really stepped it up on the interior and the looks with the new models. Perfect mix of class and an aggressive sporty look. Blah.. drooling just talking about it.
Old 11-16-2011, 06:45 PM

C63 AMG
Ahhhh, Brett. The Oscars will miss u...
+1 He's trying to bait a response...
Old 11-28-2011, 10:24 PM

Mercedes C63 amg, Bmw X5,
Originally Posted by _AMG_
So just because its a Nissan means its garbage?
I'm sorry to break it to you but the GT-R puts most super cars to shame.
Did I say I care if it does? I am just saying Nissan is piece of crap. And it looks, feels and is like that in almost every single way -- TO ME.

Originally Posted by gthal

If owning a "badge" and the "perceived" status it brings is what you need to feel good about yourself then all the power to you. Me, I don't care who makes a car as I primarily care about how the car performs. Whether you like the GTR or not, it easily outperforms our cars in pretty much every measureable way. I have no problem someone not liking a car (I wouldn't buy a GTR either as I don't like the interior and I need more practicality) but not liking a car because it`s a Nissan is a little silly IMO. But, hey, if perceived status is what floats your boat, who am I to say that`s wrong
You are right to a degree... I like owning a badge. But I will tell you, that you are full of ****e if you think I am going to believe that you dont care who makes the car, but only how it performs? You have a mercedes and a bimmer and your saying that...HAHA come on man dont be bulls...ing me. If that was really true you wouldnt be driving what you drive. Its not as if you couldnt buy something better for less money...like tuned impreza or whatever....

Originally Posted by shchow
Heck, if Hyundai made a car with 600hp and ran the 'Ring in under 7:50, I would get it. Call me gay...
You mate ....I am afraid I cant even call you gay...how low can you go man??...not much lower then you already r willing to go, trust me=)

Originally Posted by IAA-C63
I buy cars, not badges. If Kia decides to build a great car, I'll consider getting one. Likewise, if MB goes downhill, I'll never buy one again.
HAHA. I hope KIA builds a really good car, one that you will enjoy much more then MB. Meanwhile I m gonna stick with MB...to hell if I wouldnt rather drive 1980 MB then any kia on the market right now.
Old 11-28-2011, 10:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'16 GTS Solar
^^^^ignorance epitomized.
Old 11-28-2011, 10:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2012 C63 coupe
Originally Posted by Djovovic63
You are right to a degree... I like owning a badge. But I will tell you, that you are full of ****e if you think I am going to believe that you dont care who makes the car, but only how it performs? You have a mercedes and a bimmer and your saying that...HAHA come on man dont be bulls...ing me. If that was really true you wouldnt be driving what you drive. Its not as if you couldnt buy something better for less money...like tuned impreza or whatever....
I own a Hyundai now (it's an SUV) and my car before the BMW was an Infiniti G37 (had two of them). I buy cars that I like from a looks and performance perspective and I honestly don't care about brand all that much. I was looking at the new Mustang GT too but couldn't get over the interior. It just so happens I like the performance, looks and interior of the M3 and now a C63. My point is that if you can't get past the Nissan "badge" relative to the GT-R, that is a little sad because there is no one who would condem you for driving a lowly "Nissan" GT-R As a matter of fact, you would likely get MUCH more positive attention than from driving a C63 if that is what mattered.
Old 11-28-2011, 11:24 PM

I actually realize that I would turn more heads with GTR. But it sure wouldnt turn my head. I was being a little bit sarcastic, but in general I do like having a car that performs well and is built with nice interior, but at the end of the day it also matters a lot whether its a Mercedes or Nissan.
Old 11-29-2011, 10:03 AM

'11 C63, '22 GLS 63, Porsches, M3, M4
Just keep in mind that the GT-R is unlike any other Nissan, present or past. They deployed every ounce of engineering expertise they could in designing the car, to show the world what they're capable of. The results speak for themselves.

That said, the wife and I recently picked up a Cayman R, and you guys should check that out if you want to experience what a pure sports car is all about.
Old 11-29-2011, 04:49 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C63
Old 11-29-2011, 07:19 PM

2010 CL550 loaded
Trading my 2009 GTR with 18000 miles tomorrow for a 2012 C63 coupe.
The ride in the GTR is just too harsh for me after 3 years. The fastest car I will ever own and the most attention you will get. Not as much fun as my F355 ,but I am sad to see it go. The C63 better be one hell of a car.
Old 11-30-2011, 12:18 AM

I m gonna get the C63 BS. That is for sure much more attractive then the GTR.
Old 11-30-2011, 12:36 AM

1997 Ferrari F355 Berlinetta, 2014 Mercedes Benz ML 350, 2008 MB C63 AMG (deceased), 2009 MB C63 AMG
Originally Posted by F355C5
Trading my 2009 GTR with 18000 miles tomorrow for a 2012 C63 coupe.
The ride in the GTR is just too harsh for me after 3 years. The fastest car I will ever own and the most attention you will get. Not as much fun as my F355 ,but I am sad to see it go. The C63 better be one hell of a car.
Wow, great to see another F355 and C63 owner. I was curious about your screename. Youwill love the C63. I truly enjoy driving both of these machines, because they are very different. The ride in the C63 is actually a lot firmer than the F355. After driving the C63, the F355 suspension feels soft. I have the 19 inch European Multispokes on the C63 and the F355 has the stock 18's on it, so maybe this also contributes to the somewhat softer feel. My F355 is a traditional gated manual as compared to the modern slush box C63 paddle shifters. The F355 is the funnest and best sounding F-car out there, but I honestly think I'm faster in the AMG. in the F-car I roll with the windows down to get full orgasmic sound effect, in the C63 I have the Satelite radio chill station playing on the Harmon Kardon with the heated seats and aircon on simultaneously. Both do 8:13 at the Nurburgring.
Old 11-30-2011, 07:49 AM

2010 CL550 loaded
Never felt the ride was harsh in the F355. GTR is another story = rock hard.
Going to the dealship in 2 hours and I miss the car already. I loved the look of the GTR, C63 looks mild and tame compared to both F355 and GTR. Hope for good times ahead.
Old 11-30-2011, 07:58 AM
MBWorld God!

Received 3,399 Likes on 2,844 Posts
2012 CLS63
that car may be fast, but it looks like a chevy cobalt in the back! LOL!!!
Old 11-30-2011, 02:26 PM

E63
I drove a 2012 GTR. If you liked the 09 you'll be blown away by the improvements in the new car. The ride is also 10% softer from previous years. The ride has to be pretty rough compared to any benz but thats because the GTR needs it. And they have that launch control spot on. There is nothing on the road like this car. I want one so bad now.