C63 BS at AMG Preview Night

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-18-2011, 05:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
2016 C63 S
Originally Posted by krispyw208
Check out my post above. The Pano Roof is Standard on the C63 BS.
your post above refers to a conversation and doesn't tell us anything....

I guess you can show us when yours arrives....

To be honest...PANO defeats the entire purpose of stiffening and weight savings. i find it hard to believe from everything that's been posted that this "track ready" beast is going to have a sunroof.

Old 11-18-2011, 05:58 PM
SMP
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts
CLK63 Black Series
Originally Posted by harrower
Guys,

Pricing in Europe (in CZ at current exchange rates) are at moment as follows with confirmed pricing based on codes. This is for Euro spec car and could change for US market or even Euro market but this is latest info I have. Prices include VAT at 19%

Base model 115,000 Euro
Paint - certain colors with base and then 700 Euro - 4100 Euro for designo Magno. Red is base, Obsidian Black and Iridium Silver are 700 Euro, Diamante White is 1800 Euro, and designo Magno Black and Gray are 4100 Euro
Track Package 6000 Euro
Aero Package 8000 Euro
Performance Media 2500 Euro
Carbon exterior package 6000 Euro or less if you have order Track Packge
Add Rear seat option - 2400 Euro
19" wheels - black version on car used at press and LA event - 900 Euro

I will be taking my order through a dealer in Germany mainly for service and friendship reasons as follows:

With track and CF exterior packages
19" upgraded wheels
Magno Black - might have a different color done by performance studio - TBD between now and build date
Performance Center

So as you can tell the car will be much more than in the US. But I am going to love the bucket seats which you can't get in the US

Dave
You sure will ... the US seats offer zero lateral support. But US cars could be retrofitted with Recaros. I hope the US cars don't come with pano roofs - completely defeats the purpose of a track oriented car. With the added weight on top, the car is going to roll and push like crazy in corners, never mind the weight it has to accelerate and decelerate every time in or out of a corner.

BTW, congrats on your order!
Old 11-18-2011, 06:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 62 Likes on 43 Posts
C63 BS, GLA45
Originally Posted by callmiro
The BS package deletes the PANO option. You're reading the standard option list for a regular C Coupe, that includes the PANO roof.

Just like when you order a C63 is deletes regular C Class options.
Look carefully at the BSP package:

BSP AMG Black Series Package (STANDARD - Codes 240. 309, 795. 739. 73V must be replaced)

There is no delete for Pano roof (413).

Originally Posted by callmiro
To be honest...PANO defeats the entire purpose of stiffening and weight savings. i find it hard to believe from everything that's been posted that this "track ready" beast is going to have a sunroof.
Agreed it will suck, but I don't think we really have a choice. Even the cheap C250 coupe has the pano roof, you'd think MB would take that out to lower cost for that car. krispyw208 posted that the AMG rep confirmed a pano roof for the BS due to crash testing.

Last edited by rage2; 11-18-2011 at 06:06 PM.
Old 11-18-2011, 06:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2009 C63, 2007 GL 450
Originally Posted by SMP
You sure will ... the US seats offer zero lateral support. But US cars could be retrofitted with Recaros. I hope the US cars don't come with pano roofs - completely defeats the purpose of a track oriented car. With the added weight on top, the car is going to roll and push like crazy in corners, never mind the weight it has to accelerate and decelerate every time in or out of a corner.

BTW, congrats on your order!
Bang on! You can use the Recaro Pole poistion and with some tinkering with rails the seats work perfectly in C-class. I did this to my C and it makes all the difference on the track. One thing to consider for mods out there. This engine has the new Bosch ECU which are envrypted so will be interesting to see who will spend the time/$ in trying to break it and do remapping.
Old 11-18-2011, 06:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
02 clk 55 amg

[/QUOTE]

I can't agreed with you more. Why make a track focused car like this and add weight at the highest point of the vehicle. I hate that its standard. Hopefully whenever it shows up, I'd try and get it replaced with a solid carbon piece. Just my opinion. I asked this same question last night and he said that the BS would have had to undergo crash testing all over again due to the fact that US DOT had already approved the "C Class" Coupe cars with the Pano roof.